test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Holo Technician: New Specialization Suggestion

lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User

I though a cool new specialization would be Holo Technician, who builds and programs Hologram technolies to create different effects.

The Holo Technician would use Light & Magnetic fields holotech, Holomatter, Omnicron particle field holotechnology, and Isomorphic Holotechnology to create a variety of effects.

Comments

• Options
    yoafroyoafro Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    This would be the perfect place to put an ability I've been thinking of. This ability would allow you to scan most non-boss enemies to be "summoned" as a photonic version. I could finally snag one of those T-rex mobs from the Voth BZ to unleash upon those Vaadwaur TRIBBLE. Or maybe I could convince a dev to design some large, flightless (hopefully yellow) birds to place on New Romulus for me to scan so I can unleash a swarm of space-chocobos on my hapless foes. :D
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    That does sound interesting :).
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    Oh! Perhaps we can get a Captain/BOFF skill version of the Holo-Projector that spawns holographic duplicates.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    I like the idea. It has good potential for a Confuse and Misdirection Build. That would make for a welcome BOff.

Although this is not the correct place for this. Suggestions go on the Feedback Board if you want the right people to see them.
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »

I though a cool new specialization would be Holo Technician, who builds and programs Hologram technolies to create different effects.

The Holo Technician would use Light & Magnetic fields holotech, Holomatter, Omnicron particle field holotechnology, and Isomorphic Holotechnology to create a variety of effects.

Dont we already have lots of holo DOffs in STO? now a BOFF thats different.
  • Options
    rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited March 2017

we have Holo BOffs too
    Leeta
    the Engineer one from Delta Recuit
    the Tac one in the Lobi store
    oh an I heard the is an EMH one too

• Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    rimmarie wrote: »

we have Holo BOffs too
    Leeta

Thanks for including how to get them...I missed some of those too.
  • Options

rimmarie wrote: »

we have Holo BOffs too
    Leeta

To clarify, the OP is referring to a new spec tree with abilities (as yet unspecified) that would involve holograms/holographic technology.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
    Would this be a primary or secondary?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    primary speciality, we could use another, with Holo Technician Specialization and Holo Technician Captain Specialization, and Special Holo Ships with special holo ability (the way Command has Command Battlecruisers, Intel has Intel Ships like the Phantom, Pilot has Pilot Ships with Pilot Maneuvers and Temporal Has Temporal ships with molecular destabilization).
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Already lost one ability...better not be stealing my photonic fleet too!
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Oh! Perhaps we can get a Captain/BOFF skill version of the Holo-Projector that spawns holographic duplicates.

Play as a science captain and it's already there.

SNB has already be culled from sci so, honestly, heres hoping this doesnt happen unless the holo spec doubled the number from the sci's ability.
  • Options
    No need to steal Photonic Fleet, there are so many original possibilities there is no need to do so.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I like the idea a lot, but photonic abilities should be used to confuse, placate and buff/debuff, not deal damage directly. I think it's already dumb that your holographic ships of PF do actual physical harm to your target instead of massively debuffing or confusing it.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I like the idea a lot, but photonic abilities should be used to confuse, placate and buff/debuff, not deal damage directly. I think it's already dumb that your holographic ships of PF do actual physical harm to your target instead of massively debuffing or confusing it.​​

Way I see it: If Voyager's EMH can hold medical tools, he can hold a phaser. I don't see any reason we couldn't have combat-capable holograms. Combat-capable photonic ships could be explained by simply scaling up the kind of mobile emitter that the EMH used to get around outside sickbay/holodeck, then launching a series of them.
    The emitters could be configured such that they would align to where a ship's weapons would be. That said, torps seem like a no-go, as there wouldn't really be a way to load them. Beams (or energy weapons in general), on the other hand, don't seem like too much trouble since the emitters are only designed to last for a brief period of time, so there could be just enough juice in each to last until the ability expires.
    What would be interesting, then, would be if enemies that make use of drains could reduce the amount of time a given photonic ship lasts by draining its power. /shrug
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator

Play as a science captain and it's already there.

SNB has already be culled from sci so, honestly, heres hoping this doesnt happen unless the holo spec doubled the number from the sci's ability.

I'm not aware of a player ground ability that allows for this, much less a skill that you can teach a BOFF to do this.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Reputations and Specs no longer excite me.
    But this talk of a Holo version has certainly intrigued me.
    This is a solid idea and should be looked into. +1 OP
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg