test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which weapons build play style is your favorite

2»

Comments

• groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    DPS Cannon (My kill is close and personal facing the enemy)
    For me personally I tried to keep everything authentic looking for a long time, but certain shiny energy types have made me end up with something that resembles a rainbowboat which drives me batty.
    I've opted for cannons though, which considering I'd say 60% of my builds are beamboats may seem odd.
    I just have so much more fun in my mat'ha cannonboat in comparison, and he isnt even my main character.
    I do find beamboats much easier to fly though, and no matter how hard I fly my cannonboats they still never match up in comparison in terms of dps.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Melee with fists.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »
    I usually tend to stick to canon-style faction weapons whenever possible, though with the occasional exception on special or non-faction ships (like KDF Breen ships with Disruptors).

Breen ships canonically use disruptors, so that build is authentic. Polaron weapons are Cryptic's decision for STO for whatever reason.

But I'd give the same answer to this poll pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I usually tend to stick to canon-style faction weapons whenever possible, though with the occasional exception on special or non-faction ships (like KDF Breen ships with Disruptors).

Breen ships canonically use disruptors, so that build is authentic. Polaron weapons are Cryptic's decision for STO for whatever reason.

But I'd give the same answer to this poll pig-1.gif​​

From the developers perspective polaron makes some sense since the Breen focus on energy drain and polaron fits in nicely with that.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Authentic (Shown in tv series, mix of weapons)
    Disruptor cannons + torp for KDF, phaser beams + torp for Fed. Exception are some science ships built as torp boats.
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
    questerius wrote: »
    From the developers perspective polaron makes some sense since the Breen focus on energy drain and polaron fits in nicely with that.

That is probably the explanation, however I would have given them polarized disruptors or "Breen disruptors" with polaron proc for this, simply because the show is very specific about Breen using disruptors​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Jumble ( As long as I am shooting)
    You left out the button for Exotic DPS/Tricobalt bomber.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg

That is probably the explanation, however I would have given them polarized disruptors or "Breen disruptors" with polaron proc for this, simply because the show is very specific about Breen using disruptors​​

That would have been nice, but at the time of the breen introduction the only weapon with a different proc was the plasma disruptor. Unless i am mistaken all the other variants were added after the breen arc.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User

But I'd give the same answer to this poll pig-1.gif

and also probably because they used to be dominion allies, and the dominion use polaron​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Oh and for those of you who think melee with fists is Ground only ... I WANT THIS SHIP:

Pak04.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nekofury86nekofury86 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    DPS Beam (Must Kill everything in less than 1 sec)
    Not really enough options tbh. However, my preferred play style is a beam boat tank. I do okay DPS, around 25k-30k, considering I can tank and survive a fleet of Borg cubes. Few things I find more fun in the game than being able to dive head first in a group of enemies, throw up delta prime, FAW, reverse shield polarity taking all the threat and letting the DPSer's do their thing while I toss a few heals their way.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Authentic (Shown in tv series, mix of weapons)
    I'm at the happy medium where I use energy and torp weapons. Since kinetic torpedoes suck, I've switched to energy torps like the crystal and entoiled technologies torpedoes depending on using AP or DIS weapons.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
    and also probably because they used to be dominion allies, and the dominion use polaron

Dominion polaron in STO however doesn't have a drain proc. But I don't think Dominion NPCs even use their own weapon type - this whole mess would definitely require some overhaul but it won't probably ever happen since the Breen set already boosts polaron and such a thing can never be changed in STO land.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    and also probably because they used to be dominion allies, and the dominion use polaron

Dominion polaron in STO however doesn't have a drain proc. But I don't think Dominion NPCs even use their own weapon type - this whole mess would definitely require some overhaul but it won't probably ever happen since the Breen set already boosts polaron and such a thing can never be changed in STO land.​​

@angrytarg
    It boosts transphasic, but not polaron.
    @angrytarg

Ah, thanks for pointing that out, I wass mistaken then. So when no Breen ship console boosts Polaron this could theoretically happen pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    @angrytarg

Ah, thanks for pointing that out, I wass mistaken then. So when no Breen ship console boosts Polaron this could theoretically happen pig-2.gif​​

I hope none of them will, I like my canon ish breen build. which amusingly enough uses the preserver resonant technologies set.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.