test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game Will Not Load

dariryudariryu Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited March 2017 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The game seems to refuse to want to get past the "Star Trek Online: Reckoning" splash screen, no matter how long I wait. I have, thusly, gotten quite familiar with the following screen:

http://i.imgur.com/VJJkAeM.png

The game refuses to load beyond this point. I've left it for 10+ minutes, and it just won't go any farther. Any idea what could be happening?

EDIT: Something finally happened. It said something about "ticket authentication failed", or something of the sort, and kicked me back to the login screen. Then it decided to let me log in and access my character list. It's still a problem, though; I assume this will plague me the next time I start up the game as well. I also appear to have no sound.

EDIT 2: *sigh* Well, now the game has decided to work. So I suppose this is now less an inquiry for help and more a headsup, as well as a question of if anyone happens to know what caused this thing in the first place.
Post edited by dariryu on

Comments

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Unknown cause.

It happens to me from time to time especially after a patch. I would say I experience this about once every 4 or 5 weeks. No way to fix on your, just allow the game to run until you get that error message.
  • Options
    dariryudariryu Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Actually that makes sense. Patches might occassionally do something weird with the ticket numbers/entries/something. So the game could be trying to look in one place for the tickets but they're not there, or look for the tickets in a specific format. But the game hasn't been instructed to look for the new place/numbers/format/etc. So the game goes "Oh crud, wait a sec, can't find my paperwork". So it hangs 'till it decides "Aw heck with it, can't find it"?