test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Corrosive Plasma Weapons Lag?

Since Thursday, 23 Feb, I've been having a consistent lag problem with 1 of my toons. I rotate running 9 toons through STFs but every time I would run the one character the STF would be very laggy (not actual lag, more on that later) for everyone, to the point that we fail optionals on ISA and CCA every time.

So tonight I did some testing and ran that character through some patrols (Japori etc), all the patrols were laggy as well. So I switched weapon types (Bio-Molecular disruptor) and haven't had any issues with them. I switch back to the corrosive plasmas and the lag returns.

To clarify on the lag, it's not really lag. Everything is being drawn fine, and moving fine. So, there doesn't seem to be any latency in the communication. But it looks like, particularly in patrols, that the weapons damage is not being computed. I'll get a small burst of weapons damage, then my weapons are still firing but no damage is being done, then a small burst of damage.

Anyone else running Corrosive Plasma getting this issue?

Comments

• anarisaanarisa Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I have been noticing insane lag with corrosive plasma as well and also noticing they do NO DAMAGE. All they do is constantly DoT the enemy with the proc and cause major aggro.
    NF5ObqL.jpg
  • vayranovayrano Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I have had similar issues with the use of corrosive plasma beam arrays on space maps. It seems the last patch affected it in some way. I only have one toon who uses this type and always experience the problem where my weapons do nothing but cause heavy lag to not only me but to anyone in the same map as me.

I did some testing and found that once I stopped firing at a target, everything would go back to normal and things like the crystalline entity would go down fast as it normally does. But once I started firing at it again, barely anyone could register any damage to it or activate their abilities.
  • raziladrazilad Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    OMG, I thought I was going crazy. I was wondering why only my Romulan character was "lagging" (out of my 6 alts). It must be because it is my only character with corrosive plasma weapons. It not like normal lag either. It seems to stop all hits registering on the target, but abilities and cooldowns still seem to work. It completely screws over whole instances like CCA. Plus as OP mentioned it only started happening in the recent patch.
  • syniansynian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Just tested after the 3/2 patch...it's not fixed.

I submitted a bug report on Feb 26th, but of course never got any confirmation that Cryptic is even aware of the issue.
  • sykes79sykes79 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    I also have the same problem with a Romulan character that uses corrosive plasma.
    SyD2j3q.jpg
  • slycereslycere Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I tested this on my Romulan and it does have problems. This is my only character that uses corrosive plasma and it is the only one registering the bug(s) as described above.
  • calintane753calintane753 Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    Same problem here.
    No corrosive plasma no cry.
  • syniansynian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Alright, just ran a Japori and a CCA. Looks like corrosive plasma weapons are fixed.
  • sykes79sykes79 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Cool. Thanks for letting us know, going to try my corrosive plasma weapons. :)
    SyD2j3q.jpg