test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Arena of Sompek Rewards!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
Find out the rewards your captains can earn for each round of battle in the Arena of Sompek!

Full details here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10410173-the-arena-of-sompek-rewards!

Comments

• Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    How many vouchers will be required to get the kit module?
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Sounds interesting. I do have a question though.

What exactly are normal, advanced and elite crafting materials?

Are we talking that we get like a common or perhaps an uncommon for normal, a rare for advanced and a very rare for elite? Or does this mean crafting material BOXES, like we normally get after a queue?

If it's boxes then wowzer. If not then, meh.

edited to add...

And yeah, how many vouchers to get the Kit Module?
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    CrypticSpartan posted here that it is an account-wide unlock, which is great news: http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1228691/arena-awards#latest

Someone claimed there that 3 vouchers (so 3 of 4 days) were needed.

It might be helpful to update the blog to include that information, for example:

"You will need to earn 3 vouchers with one captain to unlock the reward, but it is an account-wide unlock for all of your characters."
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    I need this module for Zeus. My body and soul are craving it.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    CrypticSpartan posted here that it is an account-wide unlock, which is great news: http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1228691/arena-awards#latest

Someone claimed there that 3 vouchers (so 3 of 4 days) were needed.

It might be helpful to update the blog to include that information, for example:

"You will need to earn 3 vouchers with one captain to unlock the reward, but it is an account-wide unlock for all of your characters."

They should also mention that you apparently only get 1 voucher per account per day, so remember to use the same character first each 20 hours.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    there are some discrepancies between what the blog says and what we observed. round 70 is the last round that awards an accolade and titles. and we checked a bit past 100.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    dukedom01 wrote: »
    there are some discrepancies between what the blog says and what we observed. round 70 is the last round that awards an accolade and titles. and we checked a bit past 100.

I've just passed that on to the team, I'll let you know what I find out.
  • Options
    anodynes wrote: »
    They should also mention that you apparently only get 1 voucher per account per day, so remember to use the same character first each 20 hours.

However, unlike other vouchers from events, these are account-bound, so you can transfer them via the account bank, if you have that, and possibly by mail, though I didn't check that.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    madmichaberlinmadmichaberlin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Anybody get one of these vouchers yet? For me I tried with 5 chars and no voucher :(
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I only had one Character do it today so far. Cleared Level 10, then we all died (the four remaining). Got 20 Marks, two Normal Queue R&D Packs, the Dilithium, and one Voucher.

For those who asked, the R&D Packs that are rewarded are the same Packs you get from the PVE Queues. Normal, for Normal difficulty and Red Alerts, Advanced for running an Advanced Queue (like CCA), and Elite for running an Elite Level Queue (like The Battle of Korfez).

Normal has Common and Uncommon
    Advanced has Common, Uncommon, Rare and one Very Rare.
    Elite has bunches of stuff including more Very Rare, and a Salvaged Technology.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    After playing this event, I have to say the rewards themselves are not worth it. Only got to lvl 26 and that took about 75 minutes. Getting 55 marks and 480 Dil is such a low amount for the TIME invested. I could easily run 2-3 Crystalline Entity queues in addition to a handful of other quick queues on the same character and get a ton more marks and Dil in the same time.

Now, with that said, I'm pretty sure (well, hoping at least) that the Arena spawns are bugged and not spawning as fast as they should. My team lost a player after level 4 because it was going so slow. I think we did pretty well for a 4 man PUG in getting to 26, but the time it took made it boring as Gre'thor. Maybe once the spawns get fixed to show up a bit quicker, the rewards will seem more worth it.

As it stands right now though, if you're only looking for marks and Dil, go run something else. A lot of something else because you get next to nothing for your time here.

I figured this would be the best place to post my opinion on the actual rewards for the event. If it's not, go ahead and move it.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    madmichaberlinmadmichaberlin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    found my failure: only the first one gets the voucher
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The mission is mostly waiting for the next wave to spawn. Takes forever. Not worth it.
  • Options
    doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    For the time invested, the gain is ridiculous. I will have done it once, next.
    Qapla'
  • Options
    Quick note folks: There's a bug preventing titles/accolades from being awarded past round 70. We've updated the blog to note this, because unfortunately it's not something we can likely fix in the game for this round of the Arena event.
  • Options
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Now, with that said, I'm pretty sure (well, hoping at least) that the Arena spawns are bugged and not spawning as fast as they should.

You are correct, and the team is looking into it.

• Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    doublecha wrote: »
    For the time invested, the gain is ridiculous. I will have done it once, next.

What?! you don't want to spend 3hrs for 130 marks and 4500 Dil? Sound like a bargain to me! :D

• Options
    racerexiaracerexia Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Went way past round 4 on a Kdf alt, did not get the voucher(frist run on toon), is it a once per account thing, cuz I got it on my FED just fine. The timer was buggered btw. I think it was round 12 or 13 cuz we got 20 marks.
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    Ya'know, if the blog and event info would state things like one voucher per account per day with an account unlock a lot of confusion would be removed. I'm glad Cryptic did it this way and wonder if they are considering changing the Breach and Mirror events to behave similarly.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    This starts out fun & fresh, but after a few rounds the excitement withers away for me, but the "PUG"s I have been in have made it only to low 50s. Sometimes the time between rounds seem appropriate but then sometimes the time seems endless between rounds. Also, there doesn't seem to be any really great rewards pass a certain point. It just stops being worth the effort for Marks & dilithium & nothing else being offered. Interesting concept though & nice to offer some mini-event that is something new. What is appreciated is the once unlocked it is account-wide feature ... given it works.
  • Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    racerexia wrote: »
    Went way past round 4 on a Kdf alt, did not get the voucher(frist run on toon), is it a once per account thing, cuz I got it on my FED just fine. The timer was buggered btw. I think it was round 12 or 13 cuz we got 20 marks.
    It's 1 voucher per account per day (it's account-bound) and the module is an account unlock.

Cryptic could really have communicated this better. I wonder why they didn't. This is one of the most-requested features after all.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    @ambassadorkael#6946 - Pass on to the devs that they should switch out the Klingons in the arena for Klingon Empire Rebels (http://sto.gamepedia.com/Klingon_Empire_Rebel), since they refuse to add more than 1 for the Feds and 3 for the KDF in all of the episode content or in the Foundry.

Damn forever stuck at 1 ground kill accolade for playing The Undying episode kills my eyes every day.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    @ambassadorkael#6946
    The Lightning module can not be claimed on other characters (after obtaining it with 3 vouchers) through the event store yet.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    i haven't looked but wouldn't it be in dilithium store reclaim?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    @ambassadorkael#6946
    The Lightning module can not be claimed on other characters (after obtaining it with 3 vouchers) through the event store yet.

Mine seems ok, just claimed it out of the event reclaim tab on an alt without any problem.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    mattaukett wrote: »
    @ambassadorkael#6946

Mine seems ok, just claimed it out of the event reclaim tab on an alt without any problem.

I think the problem is due to the module originally being claimed on an AoY character.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @ambassadorkael#6946

I think the problem is due to the module originally being claimed on an AoY character.

I had to log back into the character that had claimed it to get the message saying that I'd claimed it, and that it was unlocked for the account. After that, I could claim it on every other character.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    @ambassadorkael#6946

I had to log back into the character that had claimed it to get the message saying that I'd claimed it, and that it was unlocked for the account. After that, I could claim it on every other character.

yeah same here. i claim on normal character not AOY but still have to log back in with that character to get the message.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    @ambassadorkael#6946

I can't claim it on my KDF Ferasan, KDF Retro Gorn, or any other character. I have tried logging out and back in, switching characters, etc. The only character I have it on is the one that completed the rep and it doesn't even show reclaimable on that character. )=

Edit: Finally! Seems like the fourth time logging in on the character I completed the rep on did the trick!
    Post edited by jcsww on