test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Temporal agent

I am wondering got my new character to 20 as a temporal agent I have gone onto my main to try pick up the advancement reward for getting to 20 but it's not letting me get it any ideas on how to get the package thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Some rewards can only be claimed by your Temporal agent...

Also, if it's a recently created character on PC, most rewards don't apply anymore.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    civic1988civic1988 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    It's on console so it's very new
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    and the event is running?

Then, you may have to claim it on your agent first...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    civic1988civic1988 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yeah events running and where I go to try use the temporal transponder nothing happens might just be a bug after the new release not sure
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    From the Agents of Yesterday patch notes:
    The Temporal Agent Reward system is temporarily not available.
    -When a 23rd Century Captain becomes a full Temporal Agent at level 10, they will receive a Temporal Transponder in their inventory.
    -The function of this Transponder for claiming the rewards is not functioning at this time.
    -Progress for these rewards will still be tracked so when the system becomes available, captains will receive the rewards they have earned by playing through content as a 23rd Century captain.
    -The Temporal Transponder can be moved into the bank of the captains if players wish to not have it take inventory space for the time being.

So as long as you have the Temporal Transponder in your Temporal Agent's inventory, then you are fine. Just wait until the devs finally finished the Temporal Agent Reward system before trying to claim the rewards. We know it sucks, but Cryptic has a reputation for releasing unfinished and/or bugged content like the Tzenkethi Battlezone.
  • Options
    stee1maxstee1max Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    We know it sucks, but Cryptic has a reputation for releasing unfinished and/or bugged content like the Tzenkethi Battlezone.
    I love how people act like this is somehow exclsuive to Cryptic, and like it isn't common for every MMO.

This particular one is exceptional.
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    stee1max wrote: »
    This particular one is exceptional.
    Not really.

Basically every single WoW expansion has been based around beating some big bad..... who they don't actually put into the game until like 4-5 months after the expansion releases.

This is minor as **** compared to that.

I think what makes it worse is that this problem happened when AoY (which included temporal agents) launched on PC. So basically they fixed it, but I guess kept the old broken code and put that one on the console version, for the purpose of... I guess making the console players experience what the expansion was like for the PC players?
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    starkaos wrote: »
    We know it sucks, but Cryptic has a reputation for releasing unfinished and/or bugged content like the Tzenkethi Battlezone.
    I love how people act like this is somehow exclsuive to Cryptic, and like it isn't common for every MMO.

Never said it was. It has gotten to the point that there just seems something unnatural when Cryptic releases a Season or Expansion without some new bugged content, unfinished content, or hated content (first couple of weeks of Season 7 that had 2 hour reputation equipment projects and XP projects took 40 hours to complete and didn't grant dilithium).
  • Options
    trysten2#3219 trysten2 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Honestly all this new stuff that came to console with the patch is not working at all i have no clue what i am suppose to do about this temporal stuff global event getting to tier 1 stuff as they really don't tell you what your suppose to do just guess i suppose so have not even attempted to try and do it since not sure what object is. Second they add mission's called breaking the planet the Big dig and so many other one's and they don't even work nor are they even in the list of ;pve event's where they tell you to go to begin them.

So only thing i really have been doing is trying to do Q stuff and did the remaining mission's of the last Episode's that got added But all this wait for new stuff to be added was really waist of time cause nothing really new was added. i was expecting sorta same type of stuff i did when i first began game exploring Delta quadrant type mission's and other's but all it is just rep stuff and really no new story line.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    ...i was expecting sorta same type of stuff i did when i first began game exploring Delta quadrant type mission's and other's but all it is just rep stuff and really no new story line.

Story missions takes time to develop. According to lead designer Al Rivera it takes around 6 weeks to design and test a mission before it is released... and that is an aggressive timetable. It will be some time before console players will get another story mission. Prior to the release of Season 12 around mid-January, Echoes of Light was the last story mission for the PC. That mission was released towards the end of October 2016.

Season 12 on the PC only released one story mission, Of Signs and Portents. Because there is about a gap between console and PC content release, it may some time before Season 12 is released for the consoles. There as of now, the only difference between consoles and PC when it comes to main story missions is a single mission.

With regards to Delta Rising, there were a lot of complaints when it was released because it took too long to complete. Cryptic listened to the complaints and decided each story arc would not have as many missions as the Delta Quadrant story arc. Back when it was released progression through the main story missions in the Delta Quadrant story arc was different from what it is now.

At the moment you can simply move on to the next story mission in the Delta Quadrant as you progress through the missions. You can also skip some of the missions. Back when it was released on the PC story missions could not be skipped. People more or less hated the patrol missions. Lastly there was a level gap between story missions. For example, let's say that originally The Dragon's Deceit was a level 56 mission, the next mission, Alliances, is a level 58 mission. Dragon's Deceit will not give enough XP to boost a player from level 56 to level 58. Players had to do some grinding between main story missions to level up their captains... which again players hated.
  • Options
    Ty for the info help's big time so i guess best ways is wait about nother year or two before they finally have new story line's that do work go play other games till than sucks end game oh well. But me i am 57 so i am old school so did not mind the patroling made it feel like star trek . But one planet that has been bugged since came to console and never fixed was patroling Hana System but they have fixed most of em but as for time i am not working so really loved the game play did not care if long mission's lol

But yep Big Dig, The Breaking Planet and so many other's are not even working in this patch nor like i said did i understand the temporal stuff so haven't bothered it as no clue what to do.
  • Options
    Ty for the info help's big time so i guess best ways is wait about nother year or two before they finally have new story line's that do work go play other games till than sucks end game oh well. But me i am 57 so i am old school so did not mind the patroling made it feel like star trek . But one planet that has been bugged since came to console and never fixed was patroling Hana System but they have fixed most of em but as for time i am not working so really loved the game play did not care if long mission's lol

But yep Big Dig, The Breaking Planet and so many other's are not even working in this patch nor like i said did i understand the temporal stuff so haven't bothered it as no clue what to do.

Are the various temporal probes available in each mission? You can work on completing the various objectives like getting 6 Duty Officer Commendations to Tier 4, finish 3 Admiralty Campaigns, get 9 Reputations to Tier 5, and collect the temporal probes (if they exist).
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    ... so i guess best ways is wait about nother year or two before they finally have new story line's that do work go play other games till than sucks end game oh well...

The consoles will should be getting Season 12 this year; probably around mid-year. That should give the console dev team time to squash most of the potential bugs with Season 12 content since they would appear on the PC first. So technically, the PC should act as a beta testing ground for content before it is released for the console. Of course, that does not mean all of the bugs can be anticipated and fixed before release.

A prime example is the non existent Temporal Recruit Event on the console because apparently the devs still needs time to resolve whatever the problems are. Hopefully, it will be fixed sooner rather than later. The account wide rewards (not to be confused with rewards strictly for the AoY Captain) are pretty good and should be the same as the PC version. Of course, the other missions you mentioned are good examples of bugged / missing content.

Hopefully as the year progresses the dev team responsible for converting PC content over to console content will learn how to do a better job at conversion. Otherwise, console players are just going to lose patience. It is one thing not to release very much content within a period of time. But it quite another thing to release content that does not work.
  • Options

Are the various temporal probes available in each mission? You can work on completing the various objectives like getting 6 Duty Officer Commendations to Tier 4, finish 3 Admiralty Campaigns, get 9 Reputations to Tier 5, and collect the temporal probes (if they exist).[/quote]

K now we are doing the rep stuff yes they just added 3 more so I am doing those now because all other's are up to tier 5 and still doing admiral stuff and duty stuff daily. But saw post up above this on season 12 so just have to keep booging along and what mission's don't work avoid. ty alot easier when someone explain's what the heck is going on what your suppose to do never played this game at all so i am new even tho i am kicking butt in it. i just follow along but when stuff get's added and no explanation make's it hard to figure out.
  • Options
    [

The consoles will should be getting Season 12 this year; probably around mid-year. That should give the console dev team time to squash most of the potential bugs with Season 12 content since they would appear on the PC first. So technically, the PC should act as a beta testing ground for content before it is released for the console. Of course, that does not mean all of the bugs can be anticipated and fixed before release.

A prime example is the non existent Temporal Recruit Event on the console because apparently the devs still needs time to resolve whatever the problems are. Hopefully, it will be fixed sooner rather than later. The account wide rewards (not to be confused with rewards strictly for the AoY Captain) are pretty good and should be the same as the PC version. Of course, the other missions you mentioned are good examples of bugged / missing content.

Hopefully as the year progresses the dev team responsible for converting PC content over to console content will learn how to do a better job at conversion. Otherwise, console players are just going to lose patience. It is one thing not to release very much content within a period of time. But it quite another thing to release content that does not work.[/quote]

Cool and everything you said here I totally agree with but one thing I would of done differently if it was me doing the putting the game online and such. Would of been if AOY was apart of the game and was going change thing's or make you make new account's or whatever the heck it was asking of ya should of been put out same time game came out no wait release it together combind into one package. that ways your doing the game the ways it is requiring you to do right from start not going backward's.

But yes thes Big dig is not working don't even tell you enough info what to do to get it going like your fleet has to join another fleet to do these mission's don't tell ya nothing. But none of the new stuff added for fleet mission's in PVE don't work but the gorn doom and Crystal feature stuff is working yes but them other's no.

But looking for ward to new stuff and hopefully like you said they will fix all bug's in the Console game cause yes it has alot and is very frustraiting at time's when you get booted or just so many other thing's to name that can really cause ya to curse.

But ty for you help now can hopefully look forward to something new soon.