test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch notes: Temporal armor added to the foundry

While I'm happy to see this, i still can't even use the costume on my boffs. Will this issue ever be resolved?
5rFUCPd.png

Comments

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Yeah, my only question is: another patch day?!? Didn't we have this week's one on Tuesday already!?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,825 Community Moderator
    It seems consoles patch on Tuesday, while PC still patches on Thursday.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Its driving me nuts because I've searched all over the forums and it seems like I'm the only one that notices or cares about this glitch :P. The whole reason i got the rep gear was for the armor costume pieces for my boffs
    5rFUCPd.png

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

So, what was this week's maintenance on Tuesday all about then?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,825 Community Moderator
    I've heard about the glitch, but I don't have the Reputation Gear yet. Still working on it. I keep hoping they'll have it fixed by the time I finally get it.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I saw someone wearing temporal rep outfit in delta command just yesterday
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
    edited February 2017
    No, you can wear it just fine. The issue is you can't select it for your boffs. The option is missing.
    5rFUCPd.png

• kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    No, you can wear it just fine. The issue is you can't select it for your boffs. The option is missing.

ahh ok.... thanks
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Grumble, grumble, grumble...

The Foundry got nice things and we're very appreciative on this side of the community. We've set straight to work applying the new costumes as they were originally conceived and (mwa ha ha ha ha) for kit-bashing.

C40o3-aVcAEwgBc.jpg

Also, if there's an issue with the holodeck costume submit a bug over in the bug reporting forum, or give an existing thread a bump depending on how recently the issue's been noticed. I did that recently for Ithenite. That got fixed. I can't promise the same speedy solution but there's one certainty and that's nothing will get done if it's merely talked about in the general forum.

meimeitoo wrote: »

It possibly had something to do with the AOY expansion launching on the consoles (same time.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    Oh believe me, I've tried. I posted it in the bug forum back when the temporal rep was a new thing. Nada. But it wasn't just that the devs didn't seem to notice, it seemed like no one else did either, At least this time in this thread I know i'm not the only one that noticed the glitch.
    5rFUCPd.png

Oh believe me, I've tried. I posted it in the bug forum back when the temporal rep was a new thing. Nada. But it wasn't just that the devs didn't seem to notice, it seemed like no one else did either, At least this time in this thread I know i'm not the only one that noticed the glitch.

General rule of thumb with video game forum feedback: it's rare for devs to respond directly. That doesn't mean they didn't see your bug report though. Most of the time that stuff just gets put through to QA. It's up to that whole process then to fix the issue. If it's important, and if it hasn't been fixed in a while, then revisiting the problem with a simple bug post saying "hey, this is still an issue" may be a good thing. It at least reminds Cryptic that players still care about the problem.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User

General rule of thumb with video game forum feedback: it's rare for devs to respond directly. That doesn't mean they didn't see your bug report though. Most of the time that stuff just gets put through to QA. It's up to that whole process then to fix the issue. If it's important, and if it hasn't been fixed in a while, then revisiting the problem with a simple bug post saying "hey, this is still an issue" may be a good thing. It at least reminds Cryptic that players still care about the problem.

^ what he said, which is basically this: http://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/157238832062/i-remember-your-52080-rule-and-it-was-an-awesome
    #6. Speak without expectations

There is nothing you can do to guarantee that we will do what you say. You cannot argue us into doing what you want. You cannot force us to do what you want. You cannot “logic” your way into doing what you want. It is very likely that we won’t always acknowledge you individually, because there’s so many of you for each one of us on the forums that it’s just not particularly feasible. Also, don’t take dev or official responses to indicate the only posts we’re reading. The feedback that gets collected and passed on to us isn’t only gathered from those posts that garner official responses. The majority of the useful feedback won’t ever get an official response -most of us believe that the best way to acknowledge your feedback is to through the game itself (even though it is likely that changes are weeks if not months away… patches need to pass testing and cert, after all).
    ​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    Its driving me nuts because I've searched all over the forums and it seems like I'm the only one that notices or cares about this glitch :P. The whole reason i got the rep gear was for the armor costume pieces for my boffs

I notice, and I care. I actually made a character with the entire premise of being a temporal agent, 31st century ships and all. And then I find out my BOffs can't use the rep armor. :'(
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • haxxsaw#9362 haxxsaw Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Some times they need to do actual maaintenance on the hardware....no patching involved. This cannot always be done on the same day as patching.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,003 Arc User

That's not true, I also mentioned it pig-2.gif way back but - like you - without any official reaction to it. I think this is just how it's going to be, I can't imagine how low priority this issue must be for Cryptic.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited February 2017
    angrytarg wrote: »
    That's not true, I also mentioned it way back but - like you - without any official reaction to it. I think this is just how it's going to be, I can't imagine how low priority this issue must be for Cryptic.​​

It may depend on where they are in their release cycle. They only have so many people and so much time to dedicate to bug fixes in any given period. That can change as they work through new content, so the odds of a simple bug being fixed quickly may change depending on in-Cryptic factors we aren't privy to (with old annoyances being buried by new ones, allowing them to drop off Cryptic's radar). It's difficult to say that for certain, but the above is a useful hypothesis to have in mind when posting bugs/feedback.

The thing to do is still occasionally (and politely) nudge the bug reporting forum about it. Whatever else is going on, it shows that the issue is still a priority for some people in the community.
    Thanks for the input all. As far as following up on posting in the bug forum, should i post new, or am i allowed to bump up my old post because it's still relevant?
    5rFUCPd.png

Thanks for the input all. As far as following up on posting in the bug forum, should i post new, or am i allowed to bump up my old post because it's still relevant?

I'd just make a new post. You wouldn't be duplicating an active discussion topic and, even though it's only a few months old, you'd keep yourself safe from other users coming along and shouting "necro!"
    Good point, thanks
    5rFUCPd.png