test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tzenkethi Warzone(is it possible to win? does the game cheat?)

So I've been in the Tzenkethi Warzone for about 5 hours now and I'm beginning to notice some really odd things.

Most of the time the Warzone Ally control stays at roughly 20 percent. Even when we take it up to about 50 percent or more, it usually bumps back down to 20 percent soon.

I have noticed while defending zones of control that the game seems to cheat and automatically give itself the zone of control. Me and 3 others were guarding one zone of control and we had about 15 AI ships guarding the zone with us. A single Tzenkethi ship warps in and the zone automatically goes to the Tzenkethi with an accompanying "WE'RE BEING OVERWHELMED" even though we actually wern't and the ship was destroyed in about 6 seconds.

This often happens as we are near to controlling the entire warzone, like the game is cheating by giving itself our territory for free so we have to spend time retaking it long enough for the game to retake the other zones we control and take us back down to that 20 percent warzone control.

Does anyone else feel that this warzone is a bit unbalanced and, to be frank, cheating?

Comments

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Tbh i gave up spent 2-3 hours with one group trying to finish it but almost as soon as we would clear one zone and move on , the zone we cleared would be red again, we even tried splitting up our forces to keep them blue but no dice, even with someone guarding as soon as even a single tzenkethi ship entered the zone it went red.
  • Options
    masterproteusmasterproteus Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Tbh i gave up spent 2-3 hours with one group trying to finish it but almost as soon as we would clear one zone and move on , the zone we cleared would be red again, we even tried splitting up our forces to keep them blue but no dice, even with someone guarding as soon as even a single tzenkethi ship entered the zone it went red.

I think it needs some rebalancing. I just gave up on the 6+ hour struggle I mentioned earlier as we went from 90 percent zone of control back down to the inevitable 20 percent. I'm gonna go back to the Undine and Terran Warzones which we are allowed to win. I might come back to the Tzenkethi Warzone if I hear it's been rebalanced.

• Options
    Hey btw, whatever happened to the Duty Roster missions in Warzones? I thought those were neat and added extra flavor and a reason to log in/out in Warzones. I miss them...
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I went to that zone once after the first fix and completed the entire zone, but didn't get a reward and decided I wouldn't go back until I had heard that it's completely fixed. Additionally, I have to say I'm kind of sick of seeing recycled content. I enjoy battlezones, but they don't make them different enough. It's mostly copy paste mechanics which is annoying.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The zone is horribly designed, but the game doesn't cheat.

Just do what everyone else is doing and stop going there until they fix it. Maybe if they see their new BZ completely empty all day long they'll actually fix it. It's a shame that they put so much time and effort into making such a cool zone just to hamper it with mechanics that make it totally suck.

The new BZ is a complete waste of time, don't bother right now.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    The zone is horribly designed, but the game doesn't cheat.

Just do what everyone else is doing and stop going there until they fix it. Maybe if they see their new BZ completely empty all day long they'll actually fix it. It's a shame that they put so much time and effort into making such a cool zone just to hamper it with mechanics that make it totally suck.

The new BZ is a complete waste of time, don't bother right now.

I guess the Warzone is fun for endless combat, but for anyone who prefers to actually be allowed to win, make progress and be rewarded for their time and effort, this Warzone is not for them.
  • Options
    rist30rist30 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Few things that might help.

When warping in, check first if your instance is actually populated. If is not, switch to instance with close to max (15 people) or prepare for zones constatly falling down till instance gets populated.
    More then 3 people attacking one zone is too much people attacking that zone. It doesn't make it faster or easier if you also join them. Move along and check where the help is actually needed or simply start attacking new zone.
    Zoom the minimap all the way out and keep an eye on it. The moment you see blue zone turn to red, full impulse there and defend the zone (if you in a 2-3 man team attacking some other zone, stay there and hope someone else will take care of defending).

Also, it seems that, if it takes too long to complete the instance, zones starts falling down automatically, regardless if defended or not. They have some timer but don't know atm how long. One of the reasons you should be looking for well populated instances.

Completing the instance rewards 3 microcontainers, usually. Sometimes it bugs out and you get only 2. Once i got nothing (after the fix), no idea why. It should be fine though.
  • Options
    xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    the zone is a complete unfair all unbalance i just quit the that waste of time warzone i prefer make the pve elite or advance for mark and protomatter ,hey devs make a better zone on that place is a complete mess
    nexus.jpg

• Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    and what's up with those 10-40 mark rewards is Q Somewhat stingy in some battlezones ;)
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    After spending the last hour and a half in the battle zone and essentially retaking the same five points for that whole time, I'm done. The zone is horrible. They recapture at such a rate that you're just constantly retaking the same points, and most of the time you don't even get rewards for it. An hour and a half of boring space bar spamming to gain a measly 80 marks is really not my idea of fun.​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    What I'm mostly not a fan of (aside from the bugs of not receiving rewards at all) are the timegates. You just can'tcapture a point fast enough to stay ahead of the older ones being recaptured.

Granted I haven't been in other battlezones lately either, but I remember fondly on quickly capturing 2-3 zones and then helping other players/recapturing older zones. With at least some other players in the battlezone, you generally didn't have trouble capturing it all eventually.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    It's very badly designed right now, both in terms of the number of ships it throws at you, and how quickly zones are recaptured.

I go in, get my 65 daily marks, and leave. Staying any longer just isn't fun.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    I'm done with the Tzenkethi Battelzone. It's broken. The effort and time are not worth the rewards. TFA seems to be the best way to earn Lukari Marks and Protomatter.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Went in last night, intentionally went to an instance with only 1 other player, solo capped an Array point, easily, with my weakest character.

And?
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Went in last night, intentionally went to an instance with only 1 other player, solo capped an Array point, easily, with my weakest character.

And?

heee haw heee haw is what he's trying to say. I visited this zone once to look at it and it's pretty. But I won't go there until I hear it's working properly. As others have said - stay away from it to force them to fix it.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User

heee haw heee haw is what he's trying to say. I visited this zone once to look at it and it's pretty. But I won't go there until I hear it's working properly. As others have said - stay away from it to force them to fix it.

Yep certainly pretty but I had a similar experience to the OP and will not go back until I hear from a decent amount of players (not devs) that it is fixed. I even prefer BZs to queues but I also prefer fun to frustration.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    The complaints are about reaching the boss phase and keeping the points captured.
    It's easy to capture a point, it's not to keep ALL points captured at the same time to get to the bosses.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    harlequinpixieharlequinpixie Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    I managed to do it last night with a group of random players. I'm not sure what others did, but, when a large group turned up at a point to capture. I left to patrol the other zones we already had. I suspect others were doing that also. However, we got the last phase and one of the dreadnoughts did not spawn.
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    Managed to reach the boss phase twice, myself.... out of a darn sight more than two attempts. Watching the Tzenkethi constantly recapture the same points is intensely frustrating; the time requirements mean you need a well-coordinated team (and good luck with that one) or a generous helping of luck if you're going to stand a chance of getting to the dreadnoughts.

Maybe things will improve. We can hope.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    harlequinpixieharlequinpixie Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    It is possible, but the current set up works against the players in the zone. It resets to their ownership after a certain amount of time, rather then them having to actually capture it. It's a constant stalemate, and to the point it is hardly worth the effort to even try. Zones should not automatically go to them, when they have spent zero time capturing it.

I just spent around two hours capturing and guarding, to find that it was near impossible to do it. As soon as we take the last zone, two or three reset to their ownership. This is not a fun mechanic nor something that makes any logical sense. Personally I'll only use the zone for the daily marks from now on. Due to how idiotic and annoying it is.

I consider myself a reasonable player, and have no issues with any content. But this is literally a set up that ensures it is near impossible to complete. Luck should not be a factor in winning the zone, seeing as half the players in the zone are capable of taking a section by themselves.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yesterday's patch did some fixes to the BZ, but sadly.. nothing to make it well.. not suck.

I really hope they change their minds and don't leave it like this. It's a great zone and I'm sure they worked very hard on it. It's a shame that all that work is going to go for nothing because people are not going to keep spending hours in this BZ just trying to achieve a single victory.

I was very disappointed to see the patch didn't address any of the BZ's real issues.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User

And?

pretty much this ^^^

once the devs notice no ones going there they will either fix it or let it rot, imo i would bank on the latter
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    Yeah, I went in expecting twenty to thirty minutes and walk out with a solid amount of marks, dilithium, and some protomatter. An hour and a half later, after recapturing the same points six times and watching things flash reset, nope. I had things to do. So I won't be back. I'll try the queues for my Lukari advancement.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    The timed mechanics set the players up to fail, as they are forced to stay in one zone for a certain amount of time, the other zones have time to be retaken by the Zenkethi, so being fast literally is not an option. There is absolutely nothing that can be done about the presence of time-limits.

Add to this how a lot of Tzenkethi abilities are about wasting your time(Immunity shields, damage reduction, etc...) and their ships are often resistant or immune or tractor beams and control, which means the very core mechanics of the zone are designed to set you up to fail, with the Tzenkethi not having to play by the same rules you do.

Using an analogy, it's like in order to win, we have to flip 10 coins, and get heads each time to be declared the winner. Meanwhile, the Tzenkethi are declared the winner if they get Tails just once.

So here's what should be done.

1. Make it longer for Tzenkethi to attack our controlled zones.
    2. Ease up on the time-limits.
    3. Make the Tzenkethi play by the rules. They should have to capture zones the same way we do.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    NPCs ALWAYS cheat. It's a crutch when AIs suck to give players a challenge.