test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Timed Out Connecting To Game Server

rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
2/7/17 13:03 CST

I can get to character selection screen, but when I try to get one in game, I get "Timed Out Connecting To Game Server."
giphy.gif
Member since December 2009

Comments

• Options
    merrak01merrak01 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same problem here
  • Options
    aliensamongusaliensamongus Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    I have the same problem with one of my characters. He's a Temporal Agent in the new Nebula class. All I'm seeing are the blinking lights.

The others can log in though. Eventhough one other ship seemed invisible, I was able to log in without time outs.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    Yes, same problem here.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    I managed to get in by just rebooting the game. I got worried there for a moment.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Yup Game Sever Timing out
  • Options
    chaoscloud#1972 chaoscloud Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Having the same problem too. Tried logging into 2 different accounts and both timed out when loading map. :-(
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I share this glorious error. Can no longer get any character in. Restarting game no longer helps.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    jawz786jawz786 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Same issue. Trying rebooting game/pc/internet keeps timing out upon map load completion. All characters affected. Although it says server is up??????? :(

Hope something is being done.
  • Options
    Problem is persisting on my end. Though I somehow can get in every once in a while.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    umm, yeah, server be messed up. Obviously it's a sign I should get up from computer and go do something productive
  • Options
    nerotcat67nerotcat67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same Problem with getting to character log in and then getting the Timeout due to Server Error.
  • Options
    ash352ash352 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    I'm now locked out of all but one of my characters due to this. Is Cryptic doing some backend server juggling for some reason and decided not to tell their players?
  • Options
    duke93535duke93535 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Same problem with all my characters was fine last night then today nothing.
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Getting the same thing 2-3 times before finally getting in, but it happens everytime I login another character.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    Same here. Sometimes its works, but then I switch to another char and Time-out errors (on all chars, even those I came from).
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    same here, it was happening when I changed toons but not it is every time
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    chad4231chad4231 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    same here, timed out when changing characters & sometimes when changing maps.
  • Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    Same problem here. Effecting all toons. Restarted game is not helping.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    aidy1972ukaidy1972uk Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Been getting same problem, also the game is hanging like a condemed man since leaving a STF. Been stuck loading into the Alpha Quad on around 95% for the last 10 minutes!

At some point in time, you removed the SNR message from loading screens, I'm guessing this is what's going on at the moment, I just can't see the dreadded red text and timer!
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Safe login mode worked for me, and has even let me run a mission & switch characters afterwards. I was having the same issues until I tried this.

Edit - it kicked me out twice now upon character change, but has allowed me back in when I chose safe login. Something is wrong wif dem hammstarz...
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    safe is not helpful for me.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    Same problem - tried 5 and 5 timeouts after character selection. Get through the load sequence then as soon as progress reaches 100, instant time out.
  • Options
    nixnutz7nixnutz7 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Had the same problem. Did a force verify at log in and that seemed to work.....for now.
  • Options
    meanhermanmeanherman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Same problem, but with a twist! After I finally log into a toon successfully, I'm missing the ability to chat in all channels. When trying to send a Tell, I receive the 'Insufficient permissions' error message. When trying to chat in any channel, there isn't an error message, my text just simply disappears.

Note: I can see chat in all channels, and I can successfully receive Tells. I simply can't say anything anywhere.

The 'time out' bug has been going on the past couple of days-- granted not as prevalent as today--but the in-game chat issue seem to be new. Maybe it's a sign of progress...
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Restarted the game, seemed to clear the problem for me.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    coppershinecoppershine Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I had to get a Game Master through Arc support move my toon to sector space amd then log back in using safe log in. Was a pain and I think its all the botters in the space maps in the systems like Dorzana, Vulcan and similar.
  • Options
    wordeaterwordeater Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same. Going to try a reboot or something.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Add me to the list. Same issues.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    I've been able to get in w/o issue in the last 24 hours, but can't log in now. Just got an error message that indicated the server is down.

Incidentally, this issue does not appear to be affecting Neverwinter. I just logged in there and switched characters a few times with no problems.