test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Welcome to the Seventh Anniversary

13»

Comments

• ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager
    Guys, I don't want to close this thread, as it's meant to be celebrating the anniversary. Everybody please be civil.
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Oh come on admin I just popped some popcorn
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager
    Oooh, what flavor?
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Oooh, what flavor?

Given the recent posts in this thread, I'd guess that it's salt flavored.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
    I'm just trying to imagine salt-flavored popcorn. That actually sounds kind of gross.
    I'm just trying to imagine salt-flavored popcorn. That actually sounds kind of gross.

Do you not put salt on your popcorn?

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    No, I do, but I put salt on my butter-flavored popcorn. The salt isn't the whole flavor. Imagine a bucket of popcorn that just tasted like salt.
  • electrumleopardelectrumleopard Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    My popcorn topping is a mix of butter and coconut oil.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    No, I do, but I put salt on my butter-flavored popcorn. The salt isn't the whole flavor. Imagine a bucket of popcorn that just tasted like salt.

Hmmm, maybe you should make a new in-game food item. Salt flavoured tribble popcorn. Will be a favourite of Klingon captains everywhere. What better way to get even with a creature you hate than to devour them with a snack and a mug of bloodwine :).

pjxgwS8.jpg
    Delicious.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Here's what I always do with home popcorn:

1. Coat the bottom of a stout pot with canola oil.
    2. Add (yellow) popcorn to a 1 kernel deep layer.
    3. Cover, apply heat, swirl/shake occasionally.
    4. Eat the exploded plant endosperm (the more you know!) when ready.

The canola oil does the same flavoring/moistening job as butter with air-popped or microwaved popcorn, only always perfectly.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I know this sounds weird, but I hope that we get some higher level faction-specific missions in the upcoming year. Relating to internal matters to the factions. Even if we're going to head to a galactic Alliance, doesn't mean that it won't be a smooth transition, and there's bound to be those who are opposed to it within the various factions.

As a twist, why not missions where our players engage in an officer (in this case captain) exchange program (like Riker served as first officer on a Klingon ship and Worf's brother served, however briefly, on the Enterprise-D)? What better way of improving relations between members of the Alliance, while getting tossed into a plot or two to end the Alliance?
  • johnsoncraz1johnsoncraz1 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I think the reason they are upset is because of the lousy customer service on top of the fact PC just got another Story Arc. Console Players try to reach out to customer service and are told to go to the forums. The event wasn't a small bug, It was a massive bug for console. There are other bugs like outfits for example that adds fuel to that fire. The Event was up for a month, it was reported, but nothing was done about it. STO is free to play but they make their money off of the C Store. What if players boycotted the C store on console, would that be enough to wake the company up, perhaps. The company ported the game to make money, if they aren't making money then they have two options, forsake consoles, or fix their mistakes to improve the version currently released on console. PC must remember that their new Story Arc was Partially created with funds from the console. So I can see why Console is pissed off about these bugs, they will have long term effects, but those effects will only be minor to Cryptic. Unless Console were to boycott the C store until improvements are seen. If you want a freemium game to improve, there are only two ways, be patient, or boycott. CRYPTIC IS A COMPANY OUT TO MAKE MONEY. They make money whenever you convert your hard earned cash into Zen.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    lil art for the anniversary o:)GAq1hTd.jpg
    Hmmm Methane molecules... interesting choice....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • graffsandara#2895 graffsandara Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Thanks?
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Why thank you, but lets not hate on the other Forum Members.

You are new here. Hate is a well beloved pass time of this forum. Welcome to the forum...

"Ex Astres Per Aspera"
    "To the Stars, despite adversity"
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    lil art for the anniversary o:)GAq1hTd.jpg
    Hmmm Methane molecules... interesting choice....

Was the only ones I had, and I think one of those cute little particles one collects in the collection mini game do look like them. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • janiesgotagunjaniesgotagun Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I can't find Q in the Earth Spacedock, and there is no 7th Anniv banner; how do I get access?
    Did you do the patch?

Things I want in STO:

is it for xbox one? and if so, where do I find it? I looked every place I can think of
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    so far is for PC
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    :'(
    uninstalled and reinstalled- nothing. waste of time. Ugh....