test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] All Our Crusades

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Step into the minds of the Tzenkethi in an exciting new tale of Season 12: Reckoning.

Full details here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10363993-all-our-crusades

Comments

• iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    So does this mean there is a chance, albeit slim, that we could end up with a Tzenkethi BOff? :D
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    Fantastic story. It's good to get a glimpse into Tzenkethi culture, and now we know for sure there is a reason they're wiping out inhabited worlds.

I'm looking forward to Friday.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Interesting. This not only suggests that there is disconent in the rank, but also that there might be multiple reasons for the Tzenkethi actions.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Love it, and the sense of honor, they are Warriors, not murderers, they will fight to death, but not to murder civilians, i like them already!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    So there is a reason they are doing this. Guess some enemies never learn it is better to not face those that beat you many times over.
    edited January 2017
    I honestly don't see why anyone doubted that there would be some ulterior motive behind what the Tzekethi are doing besides just
    >KILL EM ALL FOR LULZ!

Basically every single badguy we have faced besides like Hakeev had some other other reason for doing what they did.

It's not that nobody has an ulterior motive, it's that everybody's first resort when they have a problem is to start shooting at everyone else. So many of the battles in STO wouldn't have happened if people would just talk to each other for five minutes. Just once, I'd like to see a potential conflict resolved diplomatically before the war starts.

But then, we wouldn't have flashy new lockbox/Lobi ships every season...
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    It just got real.

I like this Tzenkethi phrasology, referring to things as paths instead of mindsets, I like it a lot.

More than anything, these Tzenkethi have class. I'm hoping we'll run into them in game.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • sunderstone71sunderstone71 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    captaind3 wrote: »
    It just got real.

I like this Tzenkethi phrasology, referring to things as paths instead of mindsets, I like it a lot.

More than anything, these Tzenkethi have class. I'm hoping we'll run into them in game.

I agree, very excited about the Tzenkethi.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Sounds like the Tzenkethi leadership are being manipulated. Hmmm ... Leeta or T'Ket? Who gave them the technology to blow stuff up? :open_mouth:
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    It's not that nobody has an ulterior motive, it's that everybody's first resort when they have a problem is to start shooting at everyone else. So many of the battles in STO wouldn't have happened if people would just talk to each other for five minutes. Just once, I'd like to see a potential conflict resolved diplomatically before the war starts.

Wow, its almost like its nature that things first response is to fight each other then to talk things out!

More often then not, man will fight rather then talk, as will basically all animals.

Not in Star trek TV shows, most of the time.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Sounds like the Tzenkethi leadership are being manipulated. Hmmm ... Leeta or T'Ket? Who gave them the technology to blow stuff up? :open_mouth:
    "You thought it was T'Ket or Leeta, but it was me... SELA! ZA RIHANNSO!"
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • hawkyenarasumashawkyenarasumas Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I hope we see these Tzenkethi in-game. I'm a big fan of unlikely friendships.
    ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
    Admiral Hawkye L. Narasumas
    Commanding Officer, NX-91883 U.S.S. Harmony - Prometheus Class Custom Variant
    Fleet Commander, No Fate

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
  • boweninugamiboweninugami Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    I'd love to see a Tzenkethi BOff spawn from this.
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Mmmm I wonder.... are the wiping out entire worlds to prevent prolific "parasitic organisms" from spreading to other worlds? Hehe!
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
    Mmmm I wonder.... are the wiping out entire worlds to prevent prolific "parasitic organisms" from spreading to other worlds? Hehe!

Now THAT would be a twist.

Actually, I remember Phlox saying that it was reptilian predators that kept the Tribbles in check on their homeworld. Hmm...

Whatever the reason that they're doing it, I hope the Tzenkethi aren't being manipulated by an outside power. We've already seen plenty of that with the Iconians and the Undine.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    captaind3 wrote: »
    It just got real.

I agree this was a very cool read and I like how they have a unique voice.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    tuskin67 wrote: »

Wow, its almost like its nature that things first response is to fight each other then to talk things out!

More often then not, man will fight rather then talk, as will basically all animals.

Not in Star trek TV shows, most of the time.
    I dunno...

Thing of the Devil in the Dark with the Horta - the first things that happens is people die and Horta gets injured.
    Or those weird lifeforms that decided to rig a laser to kill a terraformer and then attack Data.
    Or that fake Black Hole lifeform that decided it needed to kill people on the Enterprise to kill.

The first instinct is still to fight. But in Star Trek, the solution to the conflict is talking with each other and coming to an agreement. And I think STO has done that, too. The Federation/Klingon War doesn't end with us killing each other. It ends with us to realizing the real cause for our differences and finding a way to deal with that. The fight against the Undine ends with us talking with the big Bioship. The fight with the Iconians ends with us talking with them. The war with the Vaadwaur does require us to kill their master villain, but we find Vaadwaur allies by talking with the Vaadwaur.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User

Now THAT would be a twist.

Actually, I remember Phlox saying that it was reptilian predators that kept the Tribbles in check on their homeworld. Hmm...

Whatever the reason that they're doing it, I hope the Tzenkethi aren't being manipulated by an outside power. We've already seen plenty of that with the Iconians and the Undine.

The parasite is going to be the crystals we saw back on 20 draconis.

That's my theory as well.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • sadorsador Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    This was really good, I've got a good feeling about this season.​​
  • afree100afree100 Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    So does this mean there is a chance, albeit slim, that we could end up with a Tzenkethi BOff? :D

Actually, that would be quite nice I suppose. Though it would need a decent space trait for me to use it in space. Though for such a boff its on the ground that matters, and well PvE and PvP high end content is solely or mostly ground boff less so ground traits on boffs aren't to important. Though players without many boff slots will perhaps need to trash ground only boffs for really good space ones... Very few people are inclined to actually pay for boff slots, it is only if they get gold or lifetime really that it happens.
    Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honor Guard