test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costume Request Thread

Comments

• dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    Oh my, yes, I think I'd pay whatever they charged for the Imperial Guard uniforms... Soul and first born? Done!

---

After seeing some hot cosplay from Vegas, I'm reminded that Orion boys don't have nearly enough hairstyles! I know all the Orion men we saw on screen were bald, but they already have a couple hairstyles in STO, and I don't think allowing them access to the other styles would be bad looking at all :)

• skonnskonn Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I second the request for Romulan helmets for females :) Along with the thumb loops for the sleeves.

The Intrepid badges (in soft canon) are diagonally tilted like the actual IDIC is... any change for a change?

I'd also like to request the bottom half of the female Klingon mesh sleeves, along with the chest/collar pins for males and females. :) LOVE the TOS content. Thanks for your hard work!
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Not really a request for a new costume part, more a request for something to be changed on one. The Original Series Command Tunic has the Enterprise badge permanently affixed to it. Now this was how it was shown in the series, but with the addition of all the wonderful new badges, might it not be time to remove it from the tunic, and allow us to put the badge we select into that spot?​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    This was posted over on STO Reddit, but I want to make sure the artists see it: Recently, the 23c Klingon Sash was mistakenly enabled for Federation players. The current Tribble patch fixes this, which is fine, it is obviously a Klingon accessory.

But it would be really neat if Federation Klingon Captains and Boffs could continue to use it. After all, it's a Klingon accessory, Worf set precedent for wearing one with a Starfleet uniform. This could be an option for players who weren't around when Worf's actual sash was given away.
  • s3vorgxs3vorgx Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I reallly want to see the Herald outfits both be able to slot the herald cloth so you can wear it with the Herald Armor if you have both herald armor and thrall outfit :smile:
  • forumsubuforumsubu Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Would like to see the 23rdC-Andorian antennae placement available for Alien characters.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    I would still like to see the proper belt and shoulder piece for the Voyager Romulan uniform along with the ranks appearing on the correct side of the collar.
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    I would still like to see the proper belt and shoulder piece for the Voyager Romulan uniform along with the ranks appearing on the correct side of the collar.

Oooo, that would make for quite the fashy accessory. >:)
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    I know the TWoK uniforms are a constant source of requests, but to add one to the list, it would be nice to have a "No Collar" option, like the Enterprise-C 'Shooter McGavin'/Jack Crusher uniforms.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    endgame_0070.jpg
    VOY Alternate timeline Admiral uniform

tnguniforms5.jpg
    TNG Admiral Uniform

tumblr_inline_o7cxh8LGR41ro0loa_400.jpg
    ENT era admiral and flag officer uniform 2140s -2160s

latest?cb=20061220113539&path-prefix=en
    ENT era dress uniform 2161

NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
      This was posted over on STO Reddit, but I want to make sure the artists see it: Recently, the 23c Klingon Sash was mistakenly enabled for Federation players. The current Tribble patch fixes this, which is fine, it is obviously a Klingon accessory.

But it would be really neat if Federation Klingon Captains and Boffs could continue to use it. After all, it's a Klingon accessory, Worf set precedent for wearing one with a Starfleet uniform. This could be an option for players who weren't around when Worf's actual sash was given away.

Agreed; I doubt I'm the only one who rejoiced when it was available and wept when it was removed. The 'Mercenary Bandolier 01' (and 02 - 04) now being available for Captains and BOffs as a uniform option just isn't the same, even colored in golds or greys...

For that matter, the Klingon-Humanoid head option and the TOS Gorn head are still unavailable for Fed/TOS/Fed-Rom players who might have Fed-Klingon Captains, Klingon BOffs or the Gorn Diplo-BOffs... (And let's face it, considering the Cestus III mission, a TOS-headed Gorn Diplo-BOff would be perfect for TOS characters...)

And since "The Core of The Matter" proved it's possible, why not unlock the Romulan Centurion helmets (C-Store and D'Vex versions both) for female Romulan captains and BOffs? The NPCs on Galorndon Core are wearing them...
      "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
      ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    • captainlysiak1captainlysiak1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
      I'd really like to see makeup options for male characters, as well as the TNG "dress". It's probably an odd request, but I think that men would have moved on by 2400. I also really want to see the Romulan "swoop" hairstyle available to federation characters.

Another pet peeve of mine is the fact that I can't control where the hairline sits without changing the character's head shape. Some styles look realistic with the hairline leaving enough forehead, others (like undercut) leave the hair sitting too far down the forehead.
    • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
      I'd really like to see makeup options for male characters, as well as the TNG "dress". It's probably an odd request, but I think that men would have moved on by 2400. I also really want to see the Romulan "swoop" hairstyle available to federation characters.

Another pet peeve of mine is the fact that I can't control where the hairline sits without changing the character's head shape. Some styles look realistic with the hairline leaving enough forehead, others (like undercut) leave the hair sitting too far down the forehead.

Uniforms have always been of a masculine style, but some of the off-duty clothes are anything but, so I see where it could certainly fit in. More options is always better, I say free up all the hairstyles.

Perhaps exaggerated bangs are a thing, in the 25th Century? :p In all seriousness, though, I share this pet peeve.
      R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
    • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
      It's probably in here somewhere earlier, but bears reiteration: surely it's not that hard to make no-helmet costume unlocks for the Solonae EV suits (they would, like the Omega battledress, 'live' in their own uniform category).
    • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
      Full Odyssey uniforms for the console. We don't have the excursion suit or the admirals jacket
      Your pain runs deep.
      Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
      edited December 2016
      I'd also toss in Horace's variant of the miner vest (your initial contact on Nimbus III), and wrist attachments styled after the Klingon fishing gloves (reference)
    • dcboy57dcboy57 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
      Please give us the Ferengi uniform, thank you.

latest?cb=20130714192626&path-prefix=en
    • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
      Don't know if it's been requested, as I don't feel like going through 60 pages of the thread, but I do have a few requests:

1) A unified color palette for all uniform parts, preferably with an RGB slider style selector to really open up the color choices.

2) An option to adjust the body or fullness of hair, because people have different thicknesses of hair in real life and it would be nice to adjust the thickness.

3) At minimum, separate the tattoo options from the scar options so you can have both, and preferably make it so you can choose multiple tattoos and scars.

4) Adjust the masking on the hair styles so you can put hair on an alien character with a weird head shape and not have part of the head clipping through the hairstyle.

5) Change the Intel Gloves so the fourth color option goes away entirely. This option changes your toon's skin color, not anything on the gloves.

6) Change the way that makeup color is chosen. Right now, if I put makeup on a character with reflective eyes, the eye color and makeup color are synced, so if you change one, the other changes as well. Also, lipstick and eyeshadow can be different colors in real life. Why not here?

7) More options for hairstyles would be nice. I see a flat top for tight, curly hair, but none for non curly hair.

8) The "buzzcut" and "shaved" hairstyles are technically the same thing. A buzzcut is where someone takes a pair of clippers and shaves their hair off, leaving just the stubble (the name was popularized in the military and was named for the buzzing sound the clippers made), as seen in the "shaved" options. What you have as buzzcut is NOT a buzzcut.

9) Adjust the "topknot" to where it is an actual topknot, which resides at the top of the head and was designed to help hold a samurai's helmet in place. What you have as a topknot is actually just a ponytail from the back of the head with the rest of the head shaved bald.

10) Some of the beard options do not meld into some of the hairstyles very well, leaving a gap of bare flesh and throwing off the look.

11) Some of the beard options are grossly misnamed, such as the "handlebar" showing up as muttonchops with a moustache.

12) When selecting a skin complexion for an alien character, that complexion should extend past the head and encompass the entire body. It's annoying to have a character with, say, "coral" complexion and have their arms, chest, and legs be smooth as a baby's bottom. Genetics and racial appearance traits don't work that way.

Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
      2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
      3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
      4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
      5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
      6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
      7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
      8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
      Don't know if it's been requested, as I don't feel like going through 60 pages of the thread, but I do have a few requests:

1) A unified color palette for all uniform parts, preferably with an RGB slider style selector to really open up the color choices.

2) An option to adjust the body or fullness of hair, because people have different thicknesses of hair in real life and it would be nice to adjust the thickness.

3) At minimum, separate the tattoo options from the scar options so you can have both, and preferably make it so you can choose multiple tattoos and scars.

4) Adjust the masking on the hair styles so you can put hair on an alien character with a weird head shape and not have part of the head clipping through the hairstyle.

5) Change the Intel Gloves so the fourth color option goes away entirely. This option changes your toon's skin color, not anything on the gloves.

6) Change the way that makeup color is chosen. Right now, if I put makeup on a character with reflective eyes, the eye color and makeup color are synced, so if you change one, the other changes as well. Also, lipstick and eyeshadow can be different colors in real life. Why not here?

7) More options for hairstyles would be nice. I see a flat top for tight, curly hair, but none for non curly hair.

8) The "buzzcut" and "shaved" hairstyles are technically the same thing. A buzzcut is where someone takes a pair of clippers and shaves their hair off, leaving just the stubble (the name was popularized in the military and was named for the buzzing sound the clippers made), as seen in the "shaved" options. What you have as buzzcut is NOT a buzzcut.

9) Adjust the "topknot" to where it is an actual topknot, which resides at the top of the head and was designed to help hold a samurai's helmet in place. What you have as a topknot is actually just a ponytail from the back of the head with the rest of the head shaved bald.

10) Some of the beard options do not meld into some of the hairstyles very well, leaving a gap of bare flesh and throwing off the look.

11) Some of the beard options are grossly misnamed, such as the "handlebar" showing up as muttonchops with a moustache.

12) When selecting a skin complexion for an alien character, that complexion should extend past the head and encompass the entire body. It's annoying to have a character with, say, "coral" complexion and have their arms, chest, and legs be smooth as a baby's bottom. Genetics and racial appearance traits don't work that way.

Good options all. I also want for my Christmas present a MU version of the Wells uniform top.​​
      signature.png
    • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
      I come back after three years, and they still haven't added the Skant. Shame.
      edited December 2016
      13) Open up the tailor so that, at the very least, BOFFs can be clothed in something more than just uniform parts. It'd be nice to have a BOFF in civvies every once in a while.

14) Have a character unlock available that allows them to access options from both the male and female selections, just in case one of us wants to create an alien shape shifter and do more than just one gender of alternate forms. Also useful for the TNG skorts or those people who want some flexibility in their character's physical appearance.

15) This is more fleet related, but since it applies to uniforms, it should go here. Instead of putting the fleet uniform option as a pulldown, make it so the fleet uniform is more like a uniform visuals unlock at the Tailor (a la the armor sets). This will allow more creativity in the fleet uniform creation process so people can wear a fleet uniform without having to already own the pieces. Because it's a tailor unlock, it can't be enabled on the regular uniform slots. This would also help out IMMENSELY with Romulan Fleet Uniform selection, as the current Rommie fleet uniforms are pretty much limited to baseline civilian clothes from the start of the game.

16) Also on the fleet side of things: Add the ability to create custom fleet patches (subject to STO approval, of course... No need for dickbutt or anything...), or add a lot more fleet patch options than currently exist.

17) Allow the ability, perhaps even paid, to unlock all races for all factions. Want to join Starfleet but also want to play an Orion? Andorian Romulan Republic allied with the KDF? Reman KDF member? Well now you can.

18) More race selections for KDF and ESPECIALLY for Romulans.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
      2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
      3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
      4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
      6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
      7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
      Here's a simple idea for a MU Wells even.

Wells-MU.png

How hard would it be to make the little things people are willing to spend money on?​​
      signature.png
    • hmallow42hmallow42 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
      The brown TOS utility belt. Could be done with the MU belt minus the dangly bits.

The white TAS life support belt.

Pips and squeaks on the TWOK jackets.

Correct admiral piping on the TWOK jackets.

The Cage uniforms, including field jackets.
    • captainfoucaultcaptainfoucault Member Posts: 8 Arc User
      Well, it's not a new costume, but it'd be really nice if they'd get around to letting the alternate unlocks for the Omega and MACO armor costumes obtainable again.
    • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
      edited January 2017
      I agree not to mention that I never liked the smaller shoulder pads for the current Omega armor.

One thing I don't particularly like is how certain combadges can't be used on other uniforms such as the Kelvin badge and the Wells badge for a few examples.
      Well, it's not a new costume, but it'd be really nice if they'd get around to letting the alternate unlocks for the Omega and MACO armor costumes obtainable again.
      Indeed; the art team has no excuse for letting this go on for as long as it has. Also relevant to these:
      • expand the MACO color options so that it is possible to, for instance, replicate the 'Mantel' coloration (black w/yellow accents) used by the Facility 4028 holograms);
      • add some appropriate backpacks for both of these sets

Also not a new request: make the half-mask of the sort worn by the Iccobar envoy available for everyone.

A couple more:
      • expand the Xyfius' tailor options to cover the blue 'windows' and those brown 'wooden' accent panels;
      • now that shield visual slots are a thing.. why aren't there costumes for them (ingame, these'd be 'shields' that fit only in the visual slot, and some of these would be specific to particular ships)? For example, the v2 (white/red) Terran pattern for Federation ships, or a 'shark mouth' pattern for the Samsar...
      • in fact, both the base hull and accents/striping on the two Terran patterns should be freely recolorable.
    • austinfan4lifeaustinfan4life Member Posts: 43 Arc User
      dcboy57 wrote: »

The closest thing we have to that, is the Ferengi Merchants Uniforms, in the Lobi store.
    • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator

The closest thing we have to that, is the Ferengi Merchants Uniforms, in the Lobi store.

True. And personally, I could be satisfied with that if BOFFS were allowed to wear them. IMHO, BOFFs shouldn't be restricted from wearing ANY costume that you own, but especially Lobi costumes. I mean, purchasing one unlocks it for that ONE character, not account-wide, and then ONLY the Captain can wear it?
      GrWzQke.png
      Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
      Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
      Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
      ----> Contact Customer Support <----
      Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
      Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
      Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
      Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
      edited January 2017

True. And personally, I could be satisfied with that if BOFFS were allowed to wear them. IMHO, BOFFs shouldn't be restricted from wearing ANY costume that you own, but especially Lobi costumes. I mean, purchasing one unlocks it for that ONE character, not account-wide, and then ONLY the Captain can wear it?

Um, every Lobi costume I've bought has been in use on BOFFs. You sure it's not just a thing with that particular costume or an issue with your installation?

Things I want in STO:

• undedavengerundedavenger Member Posts: 179 Arc User
      A cowboy hat. Because they are common wear through a huge part of the world. And some characters might be from those places.

Regional Off-Duty stuff from all over the world or the galaxy would be most welcome. Would love to wear my stetson, shades and hula shirt on risa.
      Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...