test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Hearts and Minds Returns

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Sometimes exploration of new ideas and new technologies leads to dark places. Hearts and Minds returns to PC tomorrow.

Full details here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10351553-hearts-and-minds-returns

Comments

• officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Never seen a blog announcement for this before. They say it "returns" as if it was discontinued or something.
    Does this mean it was revamped or updated in someway, having a blog announcement?
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    It shows up when there is a Friday, the 13th.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    I know the episode does, but the blog to which i was referring doesnt. Last Halloween there was no blog for this episode, it just appeared.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    *Yawn*
    Will be bypassing this stale event
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    Sometimes exploration of new ideas and new technologies leads to dark places. Hearts and Minds returns to PC tomorrow.

Full details here:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10351553-hearts-and-minds-returns

The mission is a nice "tongue in cheek" type of mission. It's be better if the reward were a bit more varied on replay.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Personally, it's one of my favourites; and once again, I offer my sincere thanks to the DEV who created this mission on his OWN time! Short as it is, I get more fun out of it than out of "Dust to Dust" (or the entire Kobali storyline, to be honest). The only horror storyline in STO that was creepier was the old version of "What Lies Beneath".

In any case, I look forward to Friday 13ths for the chance to visit this old friend (fiend?) again!

Thanks for running it again!
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I never managed to do Hearts and Minds during my last two years, is the effort worth it the first time around?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I never managed to do Hearts and Minds during my last two years, is the effort worth it the first time around?
    you get a special doff, and a unique melee weapon.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • huijianhuijian Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    maybe am mistaken, but rewards seem bit obsolete nowadays.
    3GIYBa2.jpg?1
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Can we bring Terradome back? or maybe No Win Scenario?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • ash352ash352 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    huijian wrote: »
    maybe am mistaken, but rewards seem bit obsolete nowadays.

Not everything needs to be a 2% DPS increase. A DOFF is a DOFF and sometimes that's really all the reward something needs.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Ooooooh, the scary one.

Okay, it's not that scary, but it has a scary sting that Foundry users wish that they could use. :)
    Post edited by zedbrightlander1 on
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I saw this was coming in January through the Calandar.

I was able to click on the 'Hearts and Mind' calendar days to bring up the 'Hail/Transwarp' mission, but those buttons are dark grey/deactivated.
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I saw this was coming in January through the Calandar.

I was able to click on the 'Hearts and Mind' calendar days to bring up the 'Hail/Transwarp' mission, but those buttons are dark grey/deactivated.

Same. What's the deal?
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »
    Personally, it's one of my favourites; and once again, I offer my sincere thanks to the DEV who created this mission on his OWN time! Short as it is, I get more fun out of it than out of "Dust to Dust" (or the entire Kobali storyline, to be honest). The only horror storyline in STO that was creepier was the old version of "What Lies Beneath".

In any case, I look forward to Friday 13ths for the chance to visit this old friend (fiend?) again!

Thanks for running it again!

I agree. There are still noobs like me entering the game. I had never even seen nor heard about this until now and am thankful for it and the rewards! Thank you and LLAP
    Hmm....
    screenshot_2017-01-13-09-46-29.jpg~original
    I wonder what the Defiant schematics have to do with this mission. ;)

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    I know the episode does, but the blog to which i was referring doesnt. Last Halloween there was no blog for this episode, it just appeared.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the blog before. They were kind of busy in October so putting up the blog might have slipped through the cracks.

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Finally got in it last night. I ended up having to do the satellite mission first. I used another character, and I was able to use the Calendar day thing again, and this time the buttons were yellow/usable.
  • glenn#1579 glenn Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    What gives. It say available until 15th but the calendar says it is closed already.
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    glenn#1579 wrote: »
    What gives. It say available until 15th but the calendar says it is closed already.

Which stat can I increase to improve my news-announcement-reading accuracy?? I could have sworn I read the 15th here too :D .
  • eve1964eve1964 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    "Hearts and Minds takes place in the Donatu sector of the Eta Eridani sector block, at a lunar research station in the Donatu system and characters level 11+ can accept this mission. Hail Franklin Drake (Federation officers and Romulans allied with the Federation) or K’Men (Klingon officers and Romulans allied with the KDF) to undertake this mission. It is available to play from around 6pm PDT January 12th until around 6am PDT Sunday, January 15th."

Hmm....It isn't the 15th yet, and it's over. Incompetence? I think so. If you can't be bothered to proofread your official announcements, you aren't very professional. Period.

Yes, I am angry. I made my plans for my toons based on this announcement. I think you people owe me some blue doffs.

Eve
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    It's a good thing I forced myself to play on one character yesterday. I was hoping to do it for the rest on weekend (today), but I guess they rather remove it a day earlier? Makes no sense to me, either.

tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
    edited January 2017
    Oh wait. I think it's got something to do with the timezone difference. So it ends at 6am PDT... so that would mean in GMT 14:00. So it ends at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday... so why the hell is it not still available?
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Every time I went in to the instance I got to the first door I couldn't open it. I lined up the different colored chips and no option to unlock the door ever showed up. I tried exiting and entering the instance and all and it was still broken for me. No hearts and minds for me thanks to bugs.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • daithi82#2361 daithi82 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Can someone tell me if this is still open or if it has indeed ended until next Friday 13th? I'd been looking forward to playing it today out of curiosity even if it's a short mission
    Can someone tell me if this is still open or if it has indeed ended until next Friday 13th? I'd been looking forward to playing it today out of curiosity even if it's a short mission

Well for some reason no. I tried to see if it would work today, and it's been removed by the system. It says it finished today at 2pm. The official announcement is wrong because it says 15th. When in-game it states 14th.

Well, in October, we should get the mission twice because it has a Friday the 13th and Halloween.
    sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Hearts_and_Minds

• gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    The announcement said:
    It is available to play from around 6pm PDT January 12th until around 6am PDT Sunday, January 15th.
    Yet I was on this morning at 12am PST and it was already gone. confused.gif

(There is no PDT anymore. Daylight Saving Time is over; we've been on Standard Time for over two months.)
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    I personally wish they would just use UTC time across the board, problem solved. Also, I thought a few may find this interesting in preparing for the next Friday the 13th ... External Link:(http://earthsky.org/human-world/first-of-years-two-friday-the-13ths).