What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is a Tzenkethi?

2»

Comments

• Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I could see both descriptions, and even a third one as possibly fully accurate. In that the Tzenkethi have three sub-races in their main race that are each dedicated to different areas of use in their society, which would make them seem like a merger of the Voth an Xindi race concepts. Like that the armored-lizard/turtle like kind we see in the release today are those that are used for conflicts/patrols type situations, while the Femme-fetal" type that have a much more smoothed look to them could be a variety of salamander-like that are more used for diplomatic or covert type situations, and then you could even have a third type that use the idea of the fluid-filled bladders/sacks skeletal system for a group that is used for exploration thru areas that are not suited for the other two groups. Mind you this is my take on it, and how I could see both descriptions being true descriptions fo the race, by the virtue that they would be interacted with during drastically different periods of times an also levels of conflict. Like that during a war you might deal more with the armored-lizard/turtle types, while during more diplomatic an peaceful times you would deal more with the Femme-fetal" type, and if you add in their very secretive nature it is possible very little knowledge of them is known at all.
  • Options
    ketwolski#6374 ketwolski Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I like that idea a lot; reminds me a lot of the Xindi structure from ENT, like you mentioned.

That would actually be a fun story arc to play through...perhaps something akin to Archers attempt at stopping the weapon by getting certain Xindi factions to join forces with starfleet. That would allow for fun diplomatic missions mixed in with the obvious 'shoot and kill' missions.

Maybe even have some missions were you are trying to convince delegates to join the alliance by doing favors/assisting them in some way
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    The Tzenkethi got the word 'zen' in them; so whatever they are, I'm sure it will cost us. :)

Well, they try to be "cryptic".
  • Options
    captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    Actual alien in STO?, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaxVwD-HvNU. Also, i assume their ship interior will only be a Tholian one with slightly different colors.
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    asuran14 wrote: »
    I could see both descriptions, and even a third one as possibly fully accurate. In that the Tzenkethi have three sub-races in their main race that are each dedicated to different areas of use in their society, [...]

Or maybe they are just a Coalition... with different member species from different planets just like the Federation.

That is just as possible, and could be a matter of mistake identity. Though that would imply that once apart of the Coalition the race would lose their identity, since both of the given descriptions were for the Tzenkethi race specifically.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    The novels made their version of them, Cryptic made their own, completely different, version of them. Since canon doesn't give the slightest clue both are free to do their thing, but both things have nothing to do with each other.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    Tzenkethi are the last evolution stadium of Squirtle. Here is the proof:

q04wd34bouax.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Heh, this reminds me of the TAS novelizations. Some of them made drastic changes to the story. Maybe for the best, maybe not. but in some cases the two stories were impossible to be a description of the same events.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    Hookay.

This is a really cool video, thank you for sharing it.

Guys, feel free to make another topic about the video, and another topic to argue about what is and isn't canon. Please keep both civil, or this happens again.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.