Options

Most " Alien " looking ship?

2»

Comments

• Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    zeithri wrote: »
    satai07 wrote: »
    We need a "Derelict/Juggernaut" with a "Deploy Xenomorph egg boarding party" console :)

juggernaut_concept_prometheus.jpg

On the topic of Xenomorphs and the likes, an interesting fan-possibility of Crossover one could make is regarding the USS Enterprise-B that was " lost " with little to no knowledge regarding it's whearabouts after it contracted an unknown infection . . .
    I still think they actually encountered a quantum-displaced ship with a certain broodmother inside.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    Herald, Sphere builder, and to a point Breen ships are pretty far out there. Aside from that there really isn't anything that makes me go "WTF is this?" that's part of Trek. Many other franchises have done a better job at making completely alien and unrecognizable stuff.

Honorable mention: old iconian ship models from before their revamp.

GameClient-2010-08-06-20-26-11-35.jpg

That thing was creepy as hell.

I like this old iconian design much more than new "herald"
  • Options
    ndragonndragon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Wonder noone has mentioned the Benthan Cruiser yet ....
    It maybe not a beauty but its pretty "alien" for me.

Benthanassaultcruiser.png?version=ade2205fc0e0da460a0ed4a8dc7c7283
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    My own personal honorable mention goes to the Benthan Assault Cruiser T6. The Devs mistook an alien-looking forward cannon for an aft exhaust pipe, and made it go the wrong way:

2mzh27t.jpg
    It's not backwards. The devs used the original designer's notes when recreating it. It flies the way it was meant to in STO. To be fair it barely moved in Voyager so it's really NOT clear what direction the animators thought it was supposed to fly.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    ndragon wrote: »

Aw, i was gonna say that, even if it is still facing the wrong way. lol
  • Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    We need a "Derelict/Juggernaut" with a "Deploy Xenomorph egg boarding party" console :)

juggernaut_concept_prometheus.jpg

HA!

I had that picture all lined up and ready to put on this thread! But you beat me to it! B)
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    - Iconian (duh)
    - Na'kulh : i love the organic feeling and predatory look of their ships. The Tadaari Raider is my favorite. On par with Undine ships for me.
    - Breen : assymetry is one thing when it comes to alien designs in my mind.
    - Tholian : interesting design, and special mention for the Tholian bridge that was possibly designed for a species capable of moving along walls and ceilings !
    - Sphere Builders : interesting design, they have an almost steampunk look to them.
    - Hierarchy : I'm honestly surprised nobody mentioned those ships yet !
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    On the topic of Xenomorphs and the likes, an interesting fan-possibility of Crossover'...
    As it turns out, there's a bit more to such an idea than fan-possibility...
  • Options
    satai07satai07 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    On the topic of Xenomorphs and the likes, an interesting fan-possibility of Crossover'...
    As it turns out, there's a bit more to such an idea than fan-possibility...

Nice!

Space is a dangerous place. I've always thought Trek could use a little more horror/danger in it's universe. The borg covered that area decently, but the Xeno's are like biology that has gone very wrong. Xenoborgs...

that's not all! Because if one of those things gets down here then that WILL be all! And all this, this bull that you think is so important, you can just kiss all that goodbye!
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    The Kobali ship literally looks like a xenomorph variant complete with teeth.​​

Ya know i didnt think about that till you posted so i took out my zombie ship , and low and behold it DOES look like a xeno lol
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    ...but the Xeno's are like biology that has gone very wrong.
    It's pointed out in... I forget which of the Dark Horse collections... that the xenomorphs have always been encountered as something foreign to their environment, making them a very nasty example of 'invasive species'.
    Xenoborgs...
    The how of that would be most interesting to explain, I think, given their physiology...
    Ya know i didnt think about that till you posted...
    That aside, it's also very suited for a 'shark mouth' hull pattern (quite a few WW2 aircraft had these). Now that vanity slots are a thing I remain surprised that items specifically for them (and particular ships) haven't found their way into stores or reward possibilities yet...
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Xenoborgs...
    The how of that would be most interesting to explain, I think, given their physiology...
    Just think "facehugger assimilation"....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Herald, Sphere builder, and to a point Breen ships are pretty far out there. Aside from that there really isn't anything that makes me go "WTF is this?" that's part of Trek. Many other franchises have done a better job at making completely alien and unrecognizable stuff.

Honorable mention: old iconian ship models from before their revamp.

GameClient-2010-08-06-20-26-11-35.jpg

^^ That Iconian ship wins, for me, hands down!

My own personal honorable mention goes to the Benthan Assault Cruiser T6. The Devs mistook an alien-looking forward cannon for an aft exhaust pipe, and made it go the wrong way:

2mzh27t.jpg

10 points to Griffindor for the old iconian screenshot

1000 points just to you for adding a spaceballs reference.
  • Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    ndragon wrote: »

not really. looks like the common bulb design from a lot of old B-rated films.