test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online Winter Sales!

Comments

• james#5061 james Member Posts: 1 New User
    i don't see a discount on the ps store, it's all still full price.
  • satai07satai07 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Good grief.. I loaded up on Zen during the black Friday sales.

Which pack is the best bang for the buck for a relatively new player that already has the 31st century temporal ships? My thought was to grab the Delta Rising Operations Pack for the ship variety.

• ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Just as a note: We haven't forgotten you, Xbox One players. Stay tuned.

Looking into the PS issue - if you're in EU, I've just been told that those sales start tomorrow. Sorry for the confusion.
  • diabolical91diabolical91 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    delta pack isn't 50% off D:
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager
    delta pack isn't 50% off D:

Which platform?
  • chispin55chispin55 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    YEEES!!! Thank you guys, got the Temporal Special Agent pack, wouldn't be able to justify it at the normal price.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Seems the Black Friday sale event was a bit better & more dynamic. Otherwise it's a good Winter Sales event, but I was expecting everything to be on sale not just ships & similar components. A good deal for those that want to take advantage of the sale nonetheless.
  • bubbybearbubbybear Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    any word yet on when or if Xbox will get the sales?
  • tonytroutman#2837 tonytroutman Member Posts: 1 New User
    Any sale for Xbox users?
  • satsukixhimesatsukixhime Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Suuure looks like we've been forgotten.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Are you saying that the XB1 is on the Island of Misfit Toys, forgotten and all that? ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • bubbybearbubbybear Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Are you saying that the XB1 is on the Island of Misfit Toys, forgotten and all that? ;)

seems that way
  • astralstorm#3516 astralstorm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    And typically, Cryptic show their bias against XBOX Gamers again by excluding them from the Winter Sales? Disgusting!! For what reason? Especially as they posted it on the STO Login Page on XBOX One and then took it off again on the 22nd when the sale was due to start, Lots of people were looking forward to it, and now lots of people are very disappointed. I know many that have gone back to other games because of it. Classic example of the brain not knowing what the TRIBBLE is doing.
  • sertainkellsertainkell Member Posts: 14 Arc User

Looking into the PS issue - if you're in EU, I've just been told that those sales start tomorrow. Sorry for the confusion.

On dec 20, the Xbox had a splash screen showing the 25% off winter sale for all c-store items. I repeat, the Xbox had the advertisement. On the 22nd, I logged in, purchased several master packs and yep, no discount and of course as someone else posted, on the 22nd, the new lockbox splash replaced the winter sale. So.... is everyone that had bought items via the add (which should be binding even if the add was later removed) going to have to submit a report to get the refund? Surely you guys are going to make it right since there was an add on the Xbox and people, in good faith, bought zen for the sale....well at least I did.
  • taylastaylas Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Watch out they scrubbed the twitter page of negative comments pertaining to this very subject.

This thread will be likely censored as well. Yes that did happen. It was posted on the 20th and removed on the 22nd right before it was supposed to begin.
  • taylastaylas Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    All of this could have been avoided with simply more detail about timeline for said sale before the holiday weekend.

Like, "Greetings Captains! We had to make a change to the schedule. There will be more information on Monday."

Instead, we got stay tuned with no idea when information might come. This will likely drive more players away than keep them excited and engaged.

Simple public relations would go a long way.
  • rocknrofl5641rocknrofl5641 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This just shows that Star Trek Online and Arc/Perfect World doesn't care about its Xbox player base. "Stay tuned" is the last information we have received. No update. No apology. Nothing. At least an update would appease the masses. Ambassadorkael? Anything?
  • habs124habs124 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    hello I don't want to complain but I must. I saw an advertisement on the splash screen of the sign in page for your game on the 20th.advertised to start on the 22nd.i purchased something during the advertised "sale window" but it wasn't on sale as was previously advertised.
    other than a "stay tuned we haven't forgotten you" post on your twitter page, there is no information as to why I didn't have my discount as advertised,as well id like to say I'm disappointed that I will be unable to purchase the Christmas present from your company as I had intended.

my purchase was only small I do not expect compensation for the 5$ I spent in error.but I would like an explanation as to why I will be unable to purchase the items I had intended as Christmas presents from arc/cryptic. whats up ?shall I spend my money elsewhere?i have a finite window to purchase gifts for Christmas ...SINCE ITS TOMORROW!

• jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User

It's Christmas Eve and no sale...it's starting to look like X-Box owners aren't being invited to this party.
    We'll just be a week late.
    Again.
    Seriously, how did this happen twice?
    Xbox One players- we're sorry we don't have more info for you. Timing has changed, but you haven't been forgotten. That's all we can say.
  • Is there any valid reason why european PS Plus users don't get the extra up to 25% discount on zen, just the regular 15%?
  • fflymaxsterlingfflymaxsterling Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    It's all fine and dandy that timing changes, but sometimes some of your events only last during the weekend... which may be one reason for us to purchase some items. For example R&D weekend which gave us the chance to buy the packages and have a chance at getting a ship. I wouldn't have bothered if it weren't for the ship.

Also, a little customer service goes a long way. 48 hours should never pass from the time you essentially tell us to "hold on". If something isn't going to happen that day, then let us know... the sooner the better. That's not only good customer service, but common sense.

• habs124habs124 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Xbox One players- we're sorry we don't have more info for you. Timing has changed, but you haven't been forgotten. That's all we can say.
    I'm sorry but your response isn't "good enough". arc/cryptic advertised a sale it doesn't matter how long you had it advertised or that it was up in error or that it was removed. none of that matters YOU ADVERTISED A SALE for a certain date.in many places its against the law to do such a thing.

timing has changed isn't a good enough explanation.now I expect free things as compensation for your mistake in advertising.you owe us that. I'm not going to come asking for th3 84 cents I spent in error due to your timings have changed.

that's too bad for youèall about the timing and everything. but um I expect the advertised items when you said they would be there OR compensation for them not being there when you said they would be.having the sale at a later date isn't good enough. there are laws protecting us as consumers against establishments advertising things that either wernt there or wernt intended to be there .

in some places these laws are very strict,unfortunatly not in mine. but you know where I'm going with this. anybody that bought anything after the 22nd could technically ask for refunds.
    I could technically call up xbox live and say how you guys lied about a sale,and get my money back.ALL 5$ of it.

o ya happy holidays id tell you where to stick it.but I cant,but let me assure you it wont be forgotten.

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Probably a Microsoft holdup.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • baldemort41baldemort41 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    The "we can't tell you" response to XBox One users is unacceptable. If you spent the time to code and post an advertised sale, then say, "oops, our bad," you're sending a horrible message about mismanagement and miscommunication to your player base. There has been total exclusion of XBox for the entire sale period--or did the Grinch steal the deals we were supposed to receive? Definitely NOT the way to support an entire platform of gamers. While Cryptic may be the company name, it should NOT be the policy of answering customer concerns or complaints.
    Baldemort, K'Bald E Mort, D'Baldemort
    Twelve toons, one mission...enjoy STO
    House of DILLIGAF (KDF)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,618 Arc User
    The "we can't tell you" response to XBox One users is unacceptable. If you spent the time to code and post an advertised sale, then say, "oops, our bad," you're sending a horrible message about mismanagement and miscommunication to your player base. There has been total exclusion of XBox for the entire sale period--or did the Grinch steal the deals we were supposed to receive? Definitely NOT the way to support an entire platform of gamers. While Cryptic may be the company name, it should NOT be the policy of answering customer concerns or complaints.

If it's Microsoft's fault they are probably keeping quiet so that Microsoft "does not alter the deal further."
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    If it was still in cert they would say so
    To those sayig it's Microsoft 's fault, answer these questions:

Why would they delay a sale, for this game, during what has to be two huge digital sale periods. Black Friday and Christmas.

For greed? Why then are so many games reduced right now? Nobody else seems to have a problem having a sale on time.

Why would they cause bad press for their platform of a multiplat game?

If it was an unexpected quirk of timing with MS, that could explain the delay on Black Friday. But would they not anticipate it in advance this time? Why has this not hindered any other sales STO has had? Likely it's an issue with the Zen discount, but again, other games discount DLC all the time.

If you actually look at the situation, it's simply illogical that Microsoft would single out and hinder this one games' sales deliberately. And it's also illogical for it to have been an error on Microsoft 's part.