edited December 2016
    [Reaction to a moderated post removed]
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    boachevboachev Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    PLAYABLE HIROGEN

Little to nothing else would make me happier. I'm still salty that Cryptic sidestepped around that when they created the Romulan Republic as the player Romulan faction. Definitely looked like we were on course for them to be the third player race of a new Romulan faction down the line... then PSYCHE! There's actually TWO Romulan factions now, you can only play in one of them, and that one has ONLY Romulans and Remans in it.

So for Christmas? Make Hirogen a player race. Maybe some Hirogen, after getting their access from Sela to Romulan space, have found their way to the Republic. Maybe some have gone from their membership in the Delta Alliance to joining the Federation or KDF. Whatever, I don't care. As long as I can walk around looking like the cross of The Shredder and a gila monster, I'll be happy.

Also, all of this is on my wishlist:
    • Playable Hirogen
    • Playable Voth
    • IRW prefix option for ALL ROMULAN SHIPS. Kinda ridiculous that I can buy the Valdore skin, have it be "IRW" as a Valdore or Mirror Mogai or T5 Mogai, but the moment I slap it on a Morrigu? Oops, sorry, only RRW for you
    • VSS prefix for Voth vessels
    • Top level re-balance to curtail power creep, along with a dedicated effort to prevent power creep from ever happening again.
    • Really, just make strides to end "DPS IS KING AND WILL TRIVIALIZE CONTENT!!!" to the point that a single powerful ship is no longer trivializing content while also allowing for other builds to actually be a welcome sight.
    • New exploration system
    • Hirogen as a race that I can make as a player character, even if I have to unlock it through reputation or Zen or something, but after I do that I get to play as a Hirogen.
    • Until a new system is implemented, maybe re-open the old exploration clusters and give us back First Contact missions?
    • Better search engine for the Foundry
    • Could also always use more toys in the Foundry to play with. The ability to drag n' drop assets in the actual game map would be awesome.
    • Allow us to import costumes to the Foundry that were designed in-game! I'd love to shove in some of my own characters to missions I make.
    • Have more assets in a Foundry mission based on the individual player. Would be great to have a scene on a bridge actually be that player's own bridge, would love to have the player be able to have a scene down in sickbay with an NPC that's looks like and is named after their actual CMO.
    • Playable. Hirogen.
    • More Gorn ships
    • More non-Klingoncentric costume options for non-Klingon members of the KDF.
    • At least T5-U versions of virtually all player ships.
    • Foundry support for "small craft" missions.
    • Generic crewmembers being sometimes populated by DOFFs and BOFFs that don't have room on the bridge! Put our chief engineer and medical officers potentially down in sickbay and engineering!
    • Playable Cardassians
    • More attention given to ship interiors. Romulan ships in particular need more bridges, and we can make them more than fun little places to go run around sometimes. Make em' functional, give us stuff to do inside our ships.
    • Been ages since we got new parts in the Alien creator. Would love me some of those, maybe a proper Hirogen skin type? Could also come with a note saying "We don't think we'll ever be able to make Hirogen ourselves, so here's what you need to make one on your own."
    • Make Hirogen a playable race.
    • Aged Romulan Hull for more ships. Ever see a white D'deridex class in the Foundry? Pretty fantastic.
    • The ability to have a player Hirogen character flying aboard the VSS Lizardmobile while he explores uncharted corners of the galaxy.
    • Winter knit hats for Saurians and all other races that are currently denied the Q given right to wear hats.
    • The VSS Lizardmobile really could use some Selay, even as DOFFs.
    • I guess Anticans could also pop up, even if they're dicks to the vastly superior Selay.
    • Ability to get Romulan DOFFs as easily as I get Federation DOFFs. I get my Warbird should probably need a few Feds to help fully staff it, but c'mon, I need Romulan redshirts too!
    • A promise that the future will have less OMG EPIC WARZ storylines and more exploring the unknown and bumping into weird TRIBBLE out in the cosmos. Epic battle scenarios have their moments, but STO has plenty of that and needs more of the other elements of Trek.
    • There's this race in Star Trek they introduced in Voyager called the "Hirogen". They're pretty fantastic, one of the few races Voyager introduced that have a look, culture, and even ships that were as memorable as races introduced in earlier Trek series. Given their relative notoriety, especially compared to the majority of other Voyager-centric races, it'd be really, really cool if you guys made them playable. We've already got their canon ships, and the story of STO means that some could have potentially found themselves among the Romulan Republic, found the KDF as a means to help them hunt for worthy prey, or even followed the vision of Karr all the way to Starfleet.
    • Ability to scream "E'pohhs! COME GET YOUR E'POHHS!!!" in literally any part of the game. All year long.
    • Mirror. Universe. Winter. Wonderland. It's a frozen hellscape filled with Gingerbread men committing mass genocide. Mayor Truffles has a little icing goatee.
    • I guess a Dominion faction could be cool. Throw in some Cardassians and Breen with em'.
    • Cowboy hats
    • When I'm making a new character and go to pick which race they'll be, one of the options I can click is "Hirogen".
    • A hug.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    1. Unrestricted tailor
    2. Merging the factions
    3. All unlocked species parts enabled for custom Aliens
    4. Ship name length cap set to 40 like every other name field in the game
    5. Private queues startable without minimum player requirements
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    With the holiday season approaching, I was wondering what could be the best thing to happen in game?

Full PvE queues.

Barring that, accurate ship bridges and interiors with missions.
  • Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    risian4 wrote: »
    4. Solo or 3-man/woman/gentlebeing queues.
    warpangel wrote: »
    5. Private queues startable without minimum player requirements

There are many things in this thread that would be nice, but these two stand out.

I'd add to those the option to vote to just go ahead with less people if the queue popped but that one guy just wouldn't hit the button.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    @coldnapalm
    I was being SARCASTIC. I am well aware.
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    [Reaction to a moderated post removed]
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    The best thing that could happen to STO is the same as the best for the whole game industry: all publishers globally vanish forever because the industry wakes up and realizes they are a net negative and that developers can market direct to consumers without them.
  • Options
    sierra078sierra078 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    A revamped Defera battlezone. Switching the Fleet and Omega mark rewards would be a good start. I did both easy and both medium difficulty missions with a bonus pool and only ended up with 30 Omega marks...
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    Vulcan Suurok class plz?
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    Best or worst thing that could happen?

Free Lifetime subscriptions
  • Options
    Best of the Best things that could happen? New STO Expansions.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Dear Santa @borticuscryptic

My dreams for under the tree this season:
    • A gentle nerf to Beam Fire at will so it remains a great choice for AoE/multi-target combat and is mediocre against a single enemy ship. Along with a stiff reduction to its accuracy (-20%?) against small targets/torpedoes so it doesn't also deliver incredible defensive utility - all with the goal of opening up more choices and build diversity overall. No other ability in the game is contributing as much to STO's reputation as having the about the same tactical depth as tic-tac-toe.
    • Slightly reduce the massive gains to DPS at grades XIII and XIV for weapons -- it doesn't need to be linear like consoles, but it doesn't need to be +100% cat 1 either. Cut the bonuses from the Epic [Acc/Dmg] mod in half (because seriously, it didn't need to be FOUR TIMES as powerful as any other upgrade). Having a fifty-fold difference between average/expected performance and peak performance is massacring any semblance of challenge, game wide.
    • Make plasma explosion console unique. Make existing ones unbound/bind on equip so people can move around or sell off unneeded extras. Having number of science consoles be the deciding factor on how well a ship performs as a beam boat is SILLY.
    • Some small buffs to less used Command abilities so that people quit groaning every time a new ship comes out and its, ug, Command.
    • Perform an incredibly hard-eyed look at all the countless "bypasses 100% of shields" abilities and reign that **** in.
    • A general clean up of ship console descriptions so that they're accurate - e.g. if it says "All Krenim ships", it should either work with all krenim ships (duh), or have the text changed. Pick one. Don't care which.
    • Take weapon power overcapping out behind the building and put a bullet in its head. Then leave it for the crows. Dumbest glitch-made-secret-build-strategy EVER.
    • Merge cosmetic armor and general uniform choices into a single category so we can mix and match.

Oh, and one free master key for every player that logs in on the 25th. In a stocking-shaped box :).
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    nikeix wrote: »

• A gentle nerf to Beam Fire at will so it remains a great choice for AoE/multi-target combat and is mediocre against a single enemy ship. Along with a stiff reduction to its accuracy (-20%?) against small targets/torpedoes so it doesn't also deliver incredible defensive utility - all with the goal of opening up more choices and build diversity overall. No other ability in the game is contributing as much to STO's reputation as having the about the same tactical depth as tic-tac-toe.
    • Slightly reduce the massive gains to DPS at grades XIII and XIV for weapons -- it doesn't need to be linear like consoles, but it doesn't need to be +100% cat 1 either. Cut the bonuses from the Epic [Acc/Dmg] mod in half (because seriously, it didn't need to be FOUR TIMES as powerful as any other upgrade). Having a fifty-fold difference between average/expected performance and peak performance is massacring any semblance of challenge, game wide.
    • Make plasma explosion console unique. Make existing ones unbound/bind on equip so people can move around or sell off unneeded extras. Having number of science consoles be the deciding factor on how well a ship performs as a beam boat is SILLY.
    • Some small buffs to less used Command abilities so that people quit groaning every time a new ship comes out and its, ug, Command.
    • Perform an incredibly hard-eyed look at all the countless "bypasses 100% of shields" abilities and reign that **** in.
    • A general clean up of ship console descriptions so that they're accurate - e.g. if it says "All Krenim ships", it should either work with all krenim ships (duh), or have the text changed. Pick one. Don't care which.
    • Take weapon power overcapping out behind the building and put a bullet in its head. Then leave it for the crows. Dumbest glitch-made-secret-build-strategy EVER.
    • Merge cosmetic armor and general uniform choices into a single category so we can mix and match.

Oh, and one free master key for every player that logs in on the 25th. In a stocking-shaped box :).

But where's the:
    - One Free Personalized Dev, willing and able to customize the game to your heart's content? (Packaged in 1 cardboard box with Styrofoam peanuts and include a new collectible display stand! Just don't forget to feed them.)

:D
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Oh. And being able to use other Captains as Doffs and Boffs, or Boffs as Doffs, or Doffs as Boffs to really buff up the game play. :3

(not to mention being to actually see the Doffs you actually have in-the-ship and not the clone army walking around that's standard and has nothing to do with your actual personnel. I'd like to be able to actually see some of those guys in my ship! just saying)
  • Options
    bwleon7bwleon7 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Dr. Miranda Jones: I understand, Mr. Spock. The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity.
    Mr. Spock: And the ways our differences combine, to create meaning and beauty.

-Star Trek: Is There in Truth No Beauty? (1968)
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Cryptic Studios; Type: Subsidiary of Perfect World Entertainment

definition of Subsidary: A subsidiary, subsidiary company or daughter company is a company that is owned or controlled by another company, which is called the parent company, parent, or holding company.

cryptic is owned by PWE - end of discussion

PWI may also own it by virtue of the fact that it owns PWE, and therefore everything they own by extension, but the direct parent is still PWE, not PWI, and therefore makes cryptic directly owned by an american company​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    gawainviiigawainviii Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Any chance someone might give an answer to OP's original question: "What could be the best thing to happen in game?", instead of arguing what they'd like to see happen TO the game?
    newstosiggy.png
  • Options
    gawainviii wrote: »
    Any chance someone might give an answer to OP's original question: "What could be the best thing to happen in game?", instead of arguing what they'd like to see happen TO the game?

Best thing to maybe happen in the game? Easy. We all get what we want. But then we'd stop playing, wouldn't we?
  • Options
    bcwhguderian1941bcwhguderian1941 Member Posts: 804 Arc User
    A well developed system to emulate Space Exploration. "Merry Christmas" :)
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    boachev wrote: »
    PLAYABLE HIROGEN

Little to nothing else would make me happier. I'm still salty that Cryptic sidestepped around that when they created the Romulan Republic as the player Romulan faction. Definitely looked like we were on course for them to be the third player race of a new Romulan faction down the line... then PSYCHE! There's actually TWO Romulan factions now, you can only play in one of them, and that one has ONLY Romulans and Remans in it.

So for Christmas? Make Hirogen a player race. Maybe some Hirogen, after getting their access from Sela to Romulan space, have found their way to the Republic. Maybe some have gone from their membership in the Delta Alliance to joining the Federation or KDF. Whatever, I don't care. As long as I can walk around looking like the cross of The Shredder and a gila monster, I'll be happy.

Also, all of this is on my wishlist:
    • Playable Hirogen
    • Playable Voth
    • IRW prefix option for ALL ROMULAN SHIPS. Kinda ridiculous that I can buy the Valdore skin, have it be "IRW" as a Valdore or Mirror Mogai or T5 Mogai, but the moment I slap it on a Morrigu? Oops, sorry, only RRW for you
    • VSS prefix for Voth vessels
    • Top level re-balance to curtail power creep, along with a dedicated effort to prevent power creep from ever happening again.
    • Really, just make strides to end "DPS IS KING AND WILL TRIVIALIZE CONTENT!!!" to the point that a single powerful ship is no longer trivializing content while also allowing for other builds to actually be a welcome sight.
    • New exploration system
    • Hirogen as a race that I can make as a player character, even if I have to unlock it through reputation or Zen or something, but after I do that I get to play as a Hirogen.
    • Until a new system is implemented, maybe re-open the old exploration clusters and give us back First Contact missions?
    • Better search engine for the Foundry
    • Could also always use more toys in the Foundry to play with. The ability to drag n' drop assets in the actual game map would be awesome.
    • Allow us to import costumes to the Foundry that were designed in-game! I'd love to shove in some of my own characters to missions I make.
    • Have more assets in a Foundry mission based on the individual player. Would be great to have a scene on a bridge actually be that player's own bridge, would love to have the player be able to have a scene down in sickbay with an NPC that's looks like and is named after their actual CMO.
    • Playable. Hirogen.
    • More Gorn ships
    • More non-Klingoncentric costume options for non-Klingon members of the KDF.
    • At least T5-U versions of virtually all player ships.
    • Foundry support for "small craft" missions.
    • Generic crewmembers being sometimes populated by DOFFs and BOFFs that don't have room on the bridge! Put our chief engineer and medical officers potentially down in sickbay and engineering!
    • Playable Cardassians
    • More attention given to ship interiors. Romulan ships in particular need more bridges, and we can make them more than fun little places to go run around sometimes. Make em' functional, give us stuff to do inside our ships.
    • Been ages since we got new parts in the Alien creator. Would love me some of those, maybe a proper Hirogen skin type? Could also come with a note saying "We don't think we'll ever be able to make Hirogen ourselves, so here's what you need to make one on your own."
    • Make Hirogen a playable race.
    • Aged Romulan Hull for more ships. Ever see a white D'deridex class in the Foundry? Pretty fantastic.
    • The ability to have a player Hirogen character flying aboard the VSS Lizardmobile while he explores uncharted corners of the galaxy.
    • Winter knit hats for Saurians and all other races that are currently denied the Q given right to wear hats.
    • The VSS Lizardmobile really could use some Selay, even as DOFFs.
    • I guess Anticans could also pop up, even if they're dicks to the vastly superior Selay.
    • Ability to get Romulan DOFFs as easily as I get Federation DOFFs. I get my Warbird should probably need a few Feds to help fully staff it, but c'mon, I need Romulan redshirts too!
    • A promise that the future will have less OMG EPIC WARZ storylines and more exploring the unknown and bumping into weird **** out in the cosmos. Epic battle scenarios have their moments, but STO has plenty of that and needs more of the other elements of Trek.
    • There's this race in Star Trek they introduced in Voyager called the "Hirogen". They're pretty fantastic, one of the few races Voyager introduced that have a look, culture, and even ships that were as memorable as races introduced in earlier Trek series. Given their relative notoriety, especially compared to the majority of other Voyager-centric races, it'd be really, really cool if you guys made them playable. We've already got their canon ships, and the story of STO means that some could have potentially found themselves among the Romulan Republic, found the KDF as a means to help them hunt for worthy prey, or even followed the vision of Karr all the way to Starfleet.
    • Ability to scream "E'pohhs! COME GET YOUR E'POHHS!!!" in literally any part of the game. All year long.
    • Mirror. Universe. Winter. Wonderland. It's a frozen hellscape filled with Gingerbread men committing mass genocide. Mayor Truffles has a little icing goatee.
    • I guess a Dominion faction could be cool. Throw in some Cardassians and Breen with em'.
    • Cowboy hats
    • When I'm making a new character and go to pick which race they'll be, one of the options I can click is "Hirogen".
    • A hug.

I can help you with the Hug. *TACKLING BEAR HUG*

How about that forum goodwill ?
    There is still good in the world :mrgreen:
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    sierra078sierra078 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    sierra078 wrote: »
    A revamped Defera battlezone.
    If only.

Out of all the content left in the game from the early days, the Defera Battlezone is by far the most broken one.

Sad too because its also the one least likely to ever get fixed. Cryptic has said once or twice that the time and effort needed to fix it would be so large they could only really do it if they did a Borg Expansion.

Well even if they just switched the rewards around it would be better. That can't be too hard. It's probably a line of text somewhere. Something else they could do is remove the team requirements for the hard missions and let people solo them. That's probably more difficult but would be nice...
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    A revamped Defera battlezone.
    If only.

Out of all the content left in the game from the early days, the Defera Battlezone is by far the most broken one.

Sad too because its also the one least likely to ever get fixed. Cryptic has said once or twice that the time and effort needed to fix it would be so large they could only really do it if they did a Borg Expansion.

Well even if they just switched the rewards around it would be better. That can't be too hard. It's probably a line of text somewhere. Something else they could do is remove the team requirements for the hard missions and let people solo them. That's probably more difficult but would be nice...

More difficult. But only in so far as it's more difficult to eat two pieces of cake than one.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »

[*]Perform an incredibly hard-eyed look at all the countless "bypasses 100% of shields" abilities and reign that **** in.

This is now more needed than ever. It's bad enough that shields were completely ignored on the ground (except for some abilities like mines that actually had some drawbacks), but now we even have stuff that both completely ignores shields and always crits.

• Options
    boachevboachev Member Posts: 131 Arc User

I can help you with the Hug. *TACKLING BEAR HUG*

How about that forum goodwill ?
    There is still good in the world :mrgreen:

Thanks, mate! I'm also pretty confident that this is the only thing on that list I may actually ever see. Well, that and maybe someone at Cryptic will use their coffee break to add that IRW prefix to ALL Romulan ships. Maybe? Hopefully? I know some things can be deceptively difficult to change or add, but I can't imagine ship prefixes are among them.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    The best thing to happen in the game? One !Free! T6 TOS ship of your choice to each active player in the game. Limit one per account.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.