test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Enterprise: Twilight

djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
I re-watched the Enterprise episode "Twilight" a couple days ago for the first time since it first aired. I have to say from a series which is often scorned, I thought this episode was pretty good. The destruction of earth was sad, the human fight for survival kept me on the edge of my seat, the friendship between T'pol and Archer was touching. Even the end where "alternate timeline" Phlox, T-pol, and Archer give their lives in hope of changing the past and their future was very satisfying.
Admittedly I'm not as big a critic of Enterprise as some, but I thought this was a really good episode with a satisfying mix of action, suspense, relationships, perseverance, hope, and resolution.

What do you think of this episode?
C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
-Captain James T. Kirk

Comments

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I like a lot of ENT, but then again it was the first series I saw the whole way through. I also liked Twilight.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    I thought they did a great job with drama considering it was clearly set up to have a 'reset button' pushed at the end - and gave some early hints as to what was pushing the Council forward. The destruction of Earth was gorgeous, there was a sense of strain - and a lot with T'pol hinted at for what the passage of years had done to the relationship.

Also, settling on Ceti Alpha V was a great twisting the knife into humanity for long-time fans.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    bwleon7bwleon7 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    12_ensign_kristen_stewart_by_gazomg-d6nwto9.jpg
    Dr. Miranda Jones: I understand, Mr. Spock. The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity.
    Mr. Spock: And the ways our differences combine, to create meaning and beauty.

-Star Trek: Is There in Truth No Beauty? (1968)
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    bwleon7 wrote: »

Oddly, that's what I was thinking at first... but that's the wrong uniform for the era. :tongue:
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    bwleon7 wrote: »

Oddly, that's what I was thinking at first... but that's the wrong uniform for the era. :tongue:

With Deanna La Troi as Bella, William Riker as Edward, and Worf as Jacob? There doesn't seem to be any weird love triangles in Enterprise for the comparison to fit.
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    I only watched this episode after @jonsills recommended it.

Quite surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

T'Pol also looks hot with long hair. :smiley:
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    Seeing the NX-01's bridge module being ripped away by the Xindi was brutal, the bridge crew never stood a chance
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      wilusawilusa Member Posts: 34 Arc User
      edited December 2016
      everyone wanted to make more TNG. The producers and writers admitted to this. The production company made them do Enterprise and everyone was a little let down. Nobody wanted what enterprise was so not many people watched it. But in retrospect is was a very good series that died before it deserved to.
      ee35678e98b44a8e156730c58125ec53.jpg