test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

my keybroad is not working.

my keybroad is not working. I can't move with w a s d keys or the arrows keys. my gaming key is not work to. I know its not them i just use them on a anther game.

Comments

• Options
    spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    primeward wrote: »
    my keybroad is not working. I can't move with w a s d keys or the arrows keys. my gaming key is not work to. I know its not them i just use them on a anther game.

Sounds as if your keybindings have been dropped. Open options and try resetting them to defaults.

• Options
    primewardprimeward Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    That didn't work i try the default. I unplug the gaming keypad and restarted sto the keybroad still well not work. I just tryed play anther game and the keybroad works. thank for helping.
    Post edited by primeward on
  • Options
    i tryed unstilling it and restilling sto and still the keybroad is not working. when i use the mouse to click on the chat i can type but no backspace or hit enter. as you can tell the keybroad works here. so this maybe the end sto for me that suck.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Have you tried restarting your computer.
    That might fix it if it's a Windows thing acting up with STO.

Also, how does one acquire a key bRoad to play the game with?
    And is she pretty or just a computer geek?
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    restarting did it thanks for the help. I restart many time befor and didn't work.
    :)
    ok now its not working again :'(
  • Options
    What kind of keyboard are you using?
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    a dell usb keyboard
  • Options
    When is the last time you changed the battery?
    STO is very keyboard intensive and even though your keyboard will work for other games, it could be there's not enough juice left to work with STO.
    I actually went back to a wired keyboard because of this.
    (I play STO a lot)
    B)
  • Options
    its a wired keyboard.
  • Options
    saekiithsaekiith Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    Greetings!

I have the same exact Problem...
    Restarted my PC several Times now, tried to default the Keybinds, given that it is a wired Keyboard there is no Battery to check, USB Cable is all the way in, everything else works as it always has...

It's an old Logitech G15 and up until Christmas it worked completely fine, then I took a break and one of the Patches in the last couple months must have broken something.
    Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
  • Options
    dukeleetodukeleeto Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 2016
    My keyboard isn't working well either. W and S doesn't work in game and as I am new I can't even get trough training to find out if anything else is not working. Changing key bindings didn't work.
    I did notice that the settings defaulted to an Xbox one controller that I immediately turned off to no avail.
    Restarting has no effect.

I'm using;
    Alienware X51 R3, I-7 6700, 8 gb ddr4 ram, AMD R9 370 video with 4 gb video ram, wired Alienware mouse and 102 keyboard, Windows 10 x64.

UPDATE... I tried compatability mode and it recommended running it under windows xp sp3. I did that and the keyboard began working but the screen bacground and all the npc's were blacked out. Hmmm.
    Post edited by dukeleeto on
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    my keyboard is not working again :(
    I am useing a blackweb centaur gaming keyboard.
  • Options
    onleinionleini Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I'm facing this problem also. So I did a little testing what may cause the trouble and it seems for me it was the mouse software (Razer Synapse) that prohibited my Keyboard (Logitech G710+) from working ingame. Apperantly the thumbkeys on my mouse are defacto a secondary keyboard. And STO seems not to support 2 Keyboards for control input. Is this a limitation of the game? Can this be fixed?
    Oddly enough is my keyboard working in the chat...
    Not using the Razer software is not an option, since I only got the Naga for this game. Witout the software I cannot use keybinds on the mouse. And only using the Thumbkeys for the numbers 0-9 is quite pointless.
    Since this problem only occurs with STO i'm curious if it might be related to the way STO accesses input devices. A dev looking into this would be great.

edit: Starting the STO launcher directly (not using ARC) also fixes the problem. So the problem is not game related but caused by ARC. Seems like PW messed up the overlay.
  • Options
    maf76maf76 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Keyboard does not function in game, and letter keys only function in chat.

my current keyboard is corsair k70 rgb. No problems in any other application, just in game on STO
  • Options
    csts84csts84 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Just saw this thread and looks like there are more responses here, so cross-posting my response from the other thread started by maf76:
    I'm having the same exact issue as well. I am using a Tt eSPORTS Commander keyboard. The keyboard not responding really makes the Winter event, much less playing the game in general, very difficult. I randomly get keyboard function back upon re-starting the game client several times, but not consistently and without any reproducible steps. Not that anybody (like a dev) is going to read this anytime soon or even respond at all, but I can include my system specs if needed.
    I'd like to add here that I've tried starting STO directly from the launcher without ARC running to no avail--the keyboard still wasn't working in this specific game. Also, I thought I'd try to bind some key functions to mouse buttons as a work around, but the additional side keys on my mouse do not respond, either. I am using the Steelseries Diablo III mouse.

Also, per onleini's post above, I tried closing Razer Synapse (which I am using for my headset) and the keyboard function did return. I will try this again later when I come home from work tonight to confirm.

Edit: Closing Razer Synapse and then re-starting the game client did cause the keyboard function to return consistently.​​
    Post edited by csts84 on
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    A VERY far fetched idea/unlikely cause, but who knows. The post itself might not be an accurate description but who knows maybe it could help if the OP has a similar phenomenon to what I've experienced. To the point:

-Could it be game "thinks" alt key is stuck/pressed?
    http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1225409/alt-tabbing-creates-typing-bug-all-hotkeys-activate-while-typing-in-chat
    -If all things tried and it happened again, and you have no better choice and nothing to lose for trying anymore, can you press it again until it "snaps out of it" in such case? (Trying to find a link to a topic here, will edit if I find)

BTW, sadly I have to use windows maximized but if such happens then enter might make it into a different size, (and a further enter on same place would maximized it again) making a messed up UI. Do you experience such too? Do you have problem in auto shooting by 1 and 2 (default keys) too? Do you have some issues with chat window as oppose to "game itself"? Do some of your skill behave as if alt+digit was pressed instead of a digit only? Can this (or possibly even other stuck key "feeling" such as a or d) happens more while you open more in-game window and try to chat, or after alt tabbing? Can't remember well but still if I recall correctly I had this all while the game behaved as if alt key (or other) was pressed. What you described could possibly be specific to alt though.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • Options
    reverandclintreverandclint Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Weirdly enough ... try moving your keyboard to a different usb port ... not simply plugging it back in to the same usb port ... that did nothing (I just swapped the mouse & keyboard and that fixed it for me.) Only my volume keys were working before and everything worked after.
    -shrug-

(posted this in the other thread as well.)