test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How many characters can make enough dihilithium to get the lifetime membership?

I have 19 character slots.

Comments

• Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    You can't purchase a lifetime membership on PC via the C-store. It has to be paid for with real money. As for the console someone else will need to answer that one for you since I don't play on console.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    I can tell you, that actually working, until you have the money will take far less time than grinding dilithium.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Luke : Well, more characters than you can imagine!
    Han: I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit.

You can do the math yourself. People have told you several times now how to go to the dil exchange and see how much dil is needed for 1 zen. You then multiply that by how much zen you need.

But this is a better answer:
    I can tell you, that actually working, until you have the money will take far less time than grinding dilithium.

Are there jobs in your country that pay cash monies? Are you old enough to work at those jobs?
  • Options
    ryghanryghan Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    One Character can....it just takes *much* longer than any more than one would take.
    Reality is, it depends on the player - Time spent in game doing things to get dilithium, if you buy Zen and sell it for dilithium (and if you do - at what price, since the market fluctuates). Because of these constantly changing factors there is no magical formula with set numbers; the math is changing from time to time.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Let's assume the current rate (350:1).

If each character were to refine 8,000 Dil a day, you would have 152,000 Dil. After exchanging that Dil for Zen using the current rate, you would have approximately 434 Zen. Lifetime is around $300 (30000 Zen). If you earn 434 Zen a day, it would take you around 70 days to have the necessary Zen to purchase the lifetime reward.

Good luck! :smile:
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Depends on what the current Dil to Zen exchange rate is on the console and how much the LTS cost in the C-Store.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    You can't buy Lifetime in CSTORE. :o
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    You can't buy Lifetime in CSTORE. :o

/thread
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    This question has been answered for the OP already in another thread and he just refuses to accept the answer.

He's on console, he's asked this before and had the question answered in this thread.

At this point it's just thick headed trolling. Stop asking the same question over and over again, the answer hasn't changed.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    trekbronytrekbrony Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    seaofsorrows, I'm sorry if I came off as trolling. I already knew the amount, I just wanted to know how long it would take to get the amount of dilithium using 19 characters.
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User

Are there jobs in your country that pay cash monies? Are you old enough to work at those jobs?

If you are old enougto opperate a computer, you are old enough to operate a lawn mower or a snow shovel...pay may vary though. But even if you'd work for pennies an hour, you'd be much faster than doing it ingame.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    trekbrony wrote: »
    seaofsorrows, I'm sorry if I came off as trolling. I already knew the amount, I just wanted to know how long it would take to get the amount of dilithium using 19 characters.

Number of Days Required = (25,000 Zen * Current Exchange Rate)/(8,000 Dilithium per day * Number of Characters)

or

Number of Days Required = 0.164 * Current Exchange Rate

Since PC Users don't know the Current Exchange Rate, then we can't give an accurate number. If the Exchange Rate is at 25 Dilithium per Zen, then it will take 5 days. If the Exchange Rate is at 500 Dilithium per Zen, then it will take 83 days. Of course, this is assuming that all 19 characters are getting 8,000 Dilithium per day and the Exchange Rate will be nowhere near 25 Dilithium per Zen, but it does give a maximum and minimum number of days that you have to grind for.
  • Options

I'm not sure why you're not understanding the math, but lets try this.

Please respond to this and tell me how much Dilithium it currently costs to buy 1 Zen on the console. Also let me know how much Zen is needed to buy a lifetime membership and I'll just do the math for you and give you an answer.

Without this information, your question cannot be answered. I don't play on Console, so I can't log on and look it up myself.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Indeed, there is much missing info for anyone to give you an answer...We'd need to know the amount of dil to zen on the Exchange, the end cost number of needed Zen would help too. As I said before - it can be done with one character but would take much longer. Also, not playing on console (but knowing there are differing things on PC) - it would help to know what ways you have to get dil. If you can't even get/refine 8000 dil a day to get/refine for one character then you certainly won't get/refine it for 19. About how much dil per character per day are you able to get/refine?
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    But in the end it's a simple math problem that you should probably be able to solve after finishing elementary school, but certainly as an adult person trying to manage its own finances.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    But in the end it's a simple math problem that you should probably be able to solve after finishing elementary school, but certainly as an adult person trying to manage its own finances.

@mustrumridcully0
    Don't be too sure about the simple math or calculus problems or managing finances.
    I'm working as a volunteer at a local food bank (basically care packages for those in debt) and it is astonishing how many people, including some who claim to be academics, are unable to do simple math/calculus or a basic balance sheet for income and expenses.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    I'm on Xbox One and I bought the lifetime membership about a month into playing the game. I don't regret the purchase as I would not have had the patience to grind out dilithium over the course of 70 days before getting the membership.

I do regret that the same lifetime membership does not roll over to my alt on the same console. I play about half of my time on my alt and those characters lose out on the perks. Not gonna pay for a second membership though!
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Op: on your phone, or pc, or 99% of devices with a screen there is a button, somewhere, that says calculator. Click/tap/kick/tell it to open it and figure current exchange rate * lts zen cost / (8k x 19 chars daily) = how many days ASSUMING you get 8k on all 19 a day instead of a social life because thats a lot harder on console than it is on PC right now
  • Options

I do regret that the same lifetime membership does not roll over to my alt on the same console. I play about half of my time on my alt and those characters lose out on the perks. Not gonna pay for a second membership though!

Unless your Alt is on a different account, he/she should have access to the Lifetime Rewards. Lifetime is for the entire account, not just one character.
  • Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    [/quote] Unless your Alt is on a different account, he/she should have access to the Lifetime Rewards. Lifetime is for the entire account, not just one character.[/quote]

I have no idea how the mechanics work, but none of the lifetime stuff is on my alt. My current alt is my original 360 gamertag as I was assigned a new one (either intentionally or by my own error) when I traded up to the One? I can easily switch back and forth between the two on my console, therefore my earlier lament.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    I have no idea how the mechanics work, but none of the lifetime stuff is on my alt. My current alt is my original 360 gamertag as I was assigned a new one (either intentionally or by my own error) when I traded up to the One? I can easily switch back and forth between the two on my console, therefore my earlier lament.

Each gamertag would be counted as a separate account, Each gamertag is able to create a certain number of characters. So if you have the LTS unlocked on your original 360 gamertag, then any character on your 360 gamertag account would have the LTS unlocked, but it wouldn't be available on your new gamertag.
  • Options
    trekbronytrekbrony Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I've discovered that the exchange rate is 25 dilithium = 2 zen.
  • Options
    starrfoxx71starrfoxx71 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    A good friend once told me, "Work smarter, not harder."
  • Options
    spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited December 2016

Errr .... that would mean 1 zen = 12.5 Dil, pretty sure that this isn't correct - did you look in the dil exchange under the BUY ZEN tab, the amount next to the dilithium crystal graphic is how much EACH zen is selling for. The number next to the zen symbol is how much zen is available for sale at 1zen = the number next to the dil symbol.

i.e. Dil 300 Zen 24 means 24 Zen are available for 300 dil EACH - not that 24 Zen costs a total of 300 Dil.

The lowest possible exchange rate should be 25 Dil = 1 Zen (This is the lowest possible exchange rate on PC and I doubt Cryptic would allow this to be lower on consoles)

Based on the other console player estimates of around 70 days, I would say it is more likely that 1Zen will cost ~400 Dil. (This is more likely to be the case if you have limited Dil resources as Zen sellers will want to get the best possible price for each Zen they sell). Also at 2zen = 25 dil - no-one would be buying zen for cash.

• Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I have 19 character slots.

Number of Characters to earn enough Dil to get the Lifetime membership?
    None.

You can't get it using Dil.
    You can't get it using Zen.
    You can't get it in any of the in-game stores.

In order you get the Lifetime Membership SUBSCRIPTIONS:

YOU MUST GO TO THIS PAGE AND PAY ACTUAL MONEY!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7009153
  • Options

It is more likely that someone is buying 2 Zen for 25 dilithium each. Buying Zen at 25 dilithium per Zen and cancelling the order is a great method of transferring dilithium to another character since no one sells at that rate and even if they did, you would get a great deal.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    25 dil = 2 zen is a myth. Zen is usually around 450 dil = 1 zen. or higher.
  • Options
    @wendysue53 The thing is, it seems you can get it for PS4 XBoxOne without paying actual money...I think the difference is their version does not come with a 500 Zen/month stipend...
  • Options
    realized this after post. still, the info given they can use. would be better if they did, so we wouldn't feed the trolls.