test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If they could get Shatner or Stewart in game, how would you want them used?

13»

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,418 Community Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Other
    I was disappointed with the Envoy's identity when it was revealed. I was hoping for someone else. :(
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    Mirror Universe
    If the emperor of the mirror universe is any one other then mirror Picard, then I will be horribly disappointed. Remember, if laneway made it to admiral, then Picard has to be KING OF EVERYTHING. Any other universe in which laneway outranks Picard is wicked and wrong.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Holodeck
    If the emperor of the mirror universe is any one other then mirror Picard, then I will be horribly disappointed. Remember, if laneway made it to admiral, then Picard has to be KING OF EVERYTHING. Any other universe in which laneway outranks Picard is wicked and wrong.
    Like the Mirror Universe. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Other
    No. I prefer we get a new lead or at leaat give some more deep personality to existing ones like Shon. Throught the series and movies we really got to know kirk, picard, sisko, etc.. but STO i feel is missing that personal connection to characters that arent ours. If I have to make a choice however I would go with Nexus just because that would be the most feasible, non-timeline disrupting way because the "echo" as it were, cant leave
  • Options
    unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Other
    If they really wanted to bring someone back, why not Data? According to the archives, he was the last one in command of the Enterprise-E when it was lost. Of course, one question I've always had about that is isn't Data dead? Wouldn't the person sitting in the captain's chair actually be B-4?
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Holodeck
    Well... Data tried to copy his memories into B-4's brain. It had never been done before and apparently it wasn't immediately beneficial.... But all of it was still there. It just took a while for it to get used.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    If they really wanted to bring someone back, why not Data? According to the archives, he was the last one in command of the Enterprise-E when it was lost. Of course, one question I've always had about that is isn't Data dead? Wouldn't the person sitting in the captain's chair actually be B-4?

The full story of how Data "replaced" B-4 is in the STO anthology "Needs of the Many". And, IMO, it's one of the finest pieces of Star Trek writing ever.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Time Travel
    Time Travel would be nice... it be great to go back and see the NCC-1701D and do a mission in part with either Picard, Riker, Data, Jordi, Crusher, or even Dianna Troy or yes even Wesley... who decided to leave Starfleet but was on his own adventure guided by the traveler. :)
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,375 Arc User
    Other
    strathkin wrote: »
    Time Travel would be nice... it be great to go back and see the NCC-1701D and do a mission in part with either Picard, Riker, Data, Jordi, Crusher, or even Dianna Troy or yes even Wesley... who decided to leave Starfleet but was on his own adventure guided by the traveler. :)

See the Ent-D like the Ent-C?
    That would be one way to stir up the Ent-D hatred. Forcing people to do combat in a poor performer like the Ent-D.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2016
    Time Travel
    I never suggested you'd be flying the Enterprise-D, just possibly meet up with some of their crew, my option for time travel seems the most likely, especially if the crew was still acting in official capacity.... Because in the timeline of Star Trek TNG they'd be 35 or 45 year's older coming to the end of the Star Fleet Career's as were currently in 2410-2411...

Time Travel doesn't always after be in the literal sense however...

You could still develop a story that fit's into our current timeline where you meet a future Wesley Crusher of our time, along with possibly even his mother after she left her Starfleet Career, or a future Data's duplicate who was introduced in the movies, or possibly an ambassador Picard where they still plays a role...

Perhaps Wesley finds himself in trouble after advancing his knowledge of Warp Theory & Travel that differs from Daniel's account of the past (so he travels back in time to correct the paradox) that has caused the alliance & temporal agents to get involved! During that encounter perhaps Beverly asks for the assistance of some of her friend's to help aid her son.

:)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    Other
    Other since one is time travel the other is not

Kirk : how cool would it be if we find out that the head of the temporal thing daniels is part of is actually james t kirk, not only saving the galaxy but time itself a fitting tribute to a great captain.

This!

This would be perfect!

It would also explain certain idiosyncrasies and seeming contradictions owing to his unique command style .
  • Options
    mckurland91mckurland91 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Other
    Everyone remember this well: There will be no peace in the galaxy as long as Kirk remains dead!
  • Options
    mckurland91mckurland91 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Other
    Why not borrow part of the story line from the Star Trek: Odyssey trilogy co-written by Shatner himself? However, for an interesting twist, the Borg not only resurrect him, but transform him, like they did to Picard? And in order to save him, to locate James Tiberius Kirk underneath the mechanical "Scorpius of Borg", would take the combined efforts of Picard, Seven of Nine, Dr. McCoy, and, in his final appearance, Ambassador Spock. Seven might warn Spock that attempting a mind meld would link him to the Collective and it might kill him from the inside out. And Spock's reply: "I've been dead before." And it would fitting if the quote that finally reawakens Kirk is this one between him and Spock. Spock says, straining, "I have been..." and Kirk finishes, "...And always will be, your friend."
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    a mirror version of him. on the ever ending quest to cure his baldness. he's gone insane and now enters are corner of the galxy stealing hair products.

The Instititute for Toupological Studies spent years and tens of billions of dollars attempting to prove Shatner wore a toupee. They were never able to find any definitive evidence, therefore once must conclude Shatner never wore a hairpiece of any kind.

Now, wearing a very weird bathing suit? That's another story....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y-YR4E3P6E

MY EYES! AUUGH!

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.