test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Common in-game key combo inadvertently activates Arc Streaming Beta settings

Not sure if this is the right forum, but this is incredibly annoying. After receiving an Arc patch about half an a hour ago, typing Shift+s anywhere in STO (even in chat) kicks you into Arc and opens the Arc Streaming Beta settings. Obviously this is a problem when chatting and doing certain in-game tasks.

Edit: Found that unchecking everything in the Arc Streaming Beta window disables this problem, at least in chat. Had to play around with settings for almost half an hour, still no idea why it works but at least it does.
Post edited by userplayer1941 on

Comments

• Options
    Who thought using a shift + letter combo was a good idea for this? Did it never occur that some might actually make use of capitalization in chat?
  • Options
    userplayer1941userplayer1941 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Who thought using a shift + letter combo was a good idea for this? Did it never occur that some might actually make use of capitalization in chat?

It's worse when you realize that it's also activated when you try to back up and run at the same time, and not just in STO, but also in a bunch of other Arc games. Luckily it happened to me in ESD and not in, say, a ground battle or something where quick movement is critical.

This is a massive oversight. Hope someone fixes it properly soon.
  • Options
    admlanceladmlancel Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    When the streaming interface first comes up, under "3. Set Activate Key" add a key combo there for something you don't use. It's very poorly indicated but this overrides the default Shift+S. They really should change it, but at least the games will be playable.
  • Options
    triptuckerviitriptuckervii Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    THANK YOU! I am sending you entire virtual gift baskets of whatever pastries, cheeses, wine or moonshine you might appreciate best right now. That thing's been bugging me for days.

I think whoever thought of that keyboard shortcut for the stream service needs to sit in a corner with a dunce cap for a few years.