test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What kind of personality do you give your characters?

Comments

• Options
    i2hellfirei2hellfire Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I wasn't the hardcore Trekkie type to give back stories to my BOFF's. But I'll admit that having the majority of my current BOFF's since pretty much launch, they've since taken on personalities.

My captain's a bit militaristic and prefers blowing TRIBBLE up over diplomacy. First officer Kuro was a former squad mate to the captain and is the quiet type with a gun fetish. T'luti, my former Vulcan field medic, retired from away missions and keeps to herself in the research labs instead. She was replaced with Gaila, who somehow made her way over from the Kelvin timeline in some odd overly-explained manner and ended up on my ship. Yeah. Dominique is my angry Frenchwoman who tinkers with gadgets and hates social interactions, and Viret'gan the Jem'hadar came out of a weird box after an away mission, and is begrudgingly now the muscle of the away team.
    Post edited by i2hellfire on
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    cidjack wrote: »
    All ten of my characters are related in some way. I have their bio's set up as my main as the head of the household (He is also the fleet leader). The rest are sisters, brothers, ex-wives, adopted family members and of course the live in girlfriend, who happens to be a Orion (My only KDF toon.)

I'm similar, all of my characters except my Temporal Agent have a relationship with my main.

My Main is a Starfleet Engineer ship designer. He was fast tracked as a cadet and met every milestone passed every test. Then he made his first mistake. And got a lot of good Starfleet officers killed. And to some people he'll never live it down. On the other hand, the lives that were lost, through his decision saved even more innocent lives. He had to claw his way back up to a captaincy, with a lot of help from his friends and mentors, and part of that was reclaiming a belief in himself. As a result his crew is a bit eclectic. He likes to take in the guys, gals, and others that while they have something to offer, would never make it on a flagship for whatever reason. He received a second chance, and his ship is for those who need one themselves. He is not however a traditional Starfleet officer, he's a colony kid from outside the Federation and struggles with being an upstanding Starfleet officer, showing mercy and kindness when his instinct is to show foot to face.

My Fed Tac is his best friend, she was a party girl in the academy with a knack for blowing things up in spectacular fashion. She's ill tempered, funny, and absolutely loyal. Whereas her best friend is fatherly towards his crew, she is more of a big sister, and a chronic nicknamer.

My Klingon Tac is a thinking man's Klingon. Quiet, strategic, honorable. He thinks in many ways like a Hirogen, targeting enemies of repute and exceptional ability, stalking them, analyzing them, and hunting them down. He thinks very little of the decision to go to war with the Federation while the Undine were still out there, and thought less of J'mpok until he agreed to the ceasefire and the Jenolen Accords. Still he misses Martok.

My Romulan Sci is a diplomat's daughter, as a result she met my main when they were children and became friends. She was still a child when Hobus hit and her father was still on world when Romulus met its end. She made out a lot better than many other Romulans afterwards, never being in a position to starve, being able to acquire useful skills, while avoiding the depredations of the Tal Shiar. Because of her upbringing she never viewed the Federation as an enemy, and isn't jaded or furious...or she wasn't until she learned what Hakeev had done.

My Klingon engineer is an engineer that my main met on her homeworld in Klingon space before the war. She's the Klingon you'll find singing the loudest in the warrior's hall and drinking the most bloodwine. She doesn't care about House politics, and she doesn't particularly care who the Empire's fighting, though she'd rather not waste her time on stupid wars.

My Temporal Agent is an Andorian who didn't feel like she'd advance in the Imperial Guard, so she gave Starfleet a try. She found more success than anyone in her family, even before being knocked a century and a half out of time. She's actually rather shy, but when pushed she shows a icy resolve and is excellent under pressure.

All of my characters still wish to kick Keten Kim in his vestigial balls.
    nikeix wrote: »
    My main is a female Romulan Tactical captain, who basically doesn't get along with Sela because Sela is way too soft. Her rage at the destruction of Romulus isn't something you address by shooting ONE Iconian. Its more of a prolonged plan unseen and unfelt until it is sprung, culminating in the perfect and total extinction for those self-aggrandizing twits. This is the Romulan way. But she happily slaughters Iconian ships while she waits for all the pieces to be moved into place.

My female Romulan Science Commander disagrees with you. Sela isn't soft...she's childish. Always too greedy and conniving to prove her true Romulan bonafides in the loudest way possible because she's still crying over how she got her mother killed.

So she has no loyalty, no cunning, and no patience. She isn't, Human, Romulan, or even Vulcan by that analysis.

And she says that as a Republic scientist daughter of an Imperial Diplomat who was pro open dialogue with Starfleet.
    anazonda wrote: »
    None...

They are digital characters that are fun to fiddle around with, but they are JUST pixels... They have no personality and TBH, people who imagine that their "Game that shall not be named" / EvE / STO / Champs... whatever, have a personality are a wee bit wonko IMO.

So none of the characters in the shows had any meaning for you? You never have an emotional reaction to a TV show, movie, or piece of literature? Because all of these things are equally ultimately just tiny bits of data that your brain is processing and unless based on some historic event didn't actually happen.

The genre is called role playing games, which directly infers playing an active role. If you don't want to do that, that's completely your prerogative. Those of us who wish to infuse these characters with out own special touch of story, personal history, or personality are not wonko, not a wee bit or otherwise.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    I've churned out thousands upon thousands of words of fanfic about my STO characters, and it would be very, very boring stuff to read if they didn't have characterization. The one in my avatar, there, is my first and main character, Tylha Shohl, a dedicated (though not humourless) Andorian engineering officer who's stubborn, ingenious, something of a workaholic, and tries her best to live up to Starfleet ideals despite the occasional distraction of raging tides of traditional Andorian bloodlust. Over the past few years, I've written up considerable chunks of her backstory. She's a big fan of the composer Gustav Holst, and her favourite drink is something called "Dh'syara tunnel wine", the manufacture of which is apparently too revolting to be disclosed.

(The AoY thing, of course, means that I have more characters now, who will hopefully be getting their own turn in the limelight sooner or later.)
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    shevet wrote: »
    (The AoY thing, of course, means that I have more characters now, who will hopefully be getting their own turn in the limelight sooner or later.)
    Once you've finished with the current novel about your KDF characters, right? (hint hint) :smile:​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    My main character is arrogant and loves to receive decorations, tribute, and praise, but remains a highly professional officer driven by a strong sense of duty.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    I have 2 mains so i will add both

Name : Araya Truh

Species : Betazoid

Age : N/A last person to ask had to visit sick bay with a broken nose and multiple contusions.

Profession : Tactical Officer

Araya is a tough girl hard nosed soldier type one who is stern but fair , only her very closest friends see a softer side and by softer i mean with little less roguhness around the edges.

On a personal note , se cannot stand deanna troi riker , she thinks she gave betazoids a bad name in the military and works hard to correct the misconception that betazids wrecks the ships they command because they are incompetent.

My Rom

Name : Joran Tomalak

Profession : Tactical Officer

Joran is the son of the imfamous commander tomalak that patrolled the federation / romulan nuetral zone during the TNG era, he is a survivor of romulus since he was born there, he served in the RSE Navy until romulus was destroyed he settled on virinat with many other survivors.

Joran is a very ambitious and motivated man , his ambitions are not that disimilar from D'tans as he wants to see the romulans survive and thrive to be a positive influence on the universe.

his motivations are simple to prove that the tomalak family honor and legacy was not the machinations of one vile man aka his father , that the tomalaks' have a long history of service to the romulan people whether it be the military or public office or service.

The fact that his father tarnished his families name and legacy, motivates him to work hard to show that not all tomalaks are vile evil people who only think of their own dark ambitions even at the cost of others.

• Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    All of my Captains have the same personality - mine! Loud. Brash. Arrogant. Impulsive to the point of recklessness. Loyal to the point of stupidity. Honor bound by personal ethics which insist the Right Thing to Do remains the Right Thing To Do always. Regardless of circumstances or the fact 'no one will know'.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Marielle Rinyei - Betazoid Fed Tac Fleet Admiral - Marielle is of the Seventh House of Betazed, and chose Starfleet as a way of demonstrating her adherence to the principles of courage espoused by that house. She enjoys dabo, particularly on Nimbus III. She will work with Section 31 on occasion, understanding that sometimes hands have to get dirty to achieve a goal. Marielle finds Admiral T'Nae to be a bit tedious, and enjoys popping in to Starbase 39 Sierra to ask T'Nae to fetch a coffee.

Shelara Mani - Orion KDF General - Shelara understands that power is the ultimate aphrodisiac, and opted to serve in the KDF rather than undertake a career of underhanded commerce and smuggling within the Orion Syndicate. She's very successful, but viewed by many in the Klingon High Command as being a bit soft on her crew, many of whom have been permitted up to three mistakes before being executed. Many a hand-to-hand foe has fallen while distracted by her wiles and charm. Her bridge crew understands that despite her tolerance for small mistakes, challenging her for command is a fool's errand.

B'Yerra Vestai Grilka - Klingon/Fed Sci Admiral - Less a warrior than a scientist, and at one time doubtful that the actions of the Empire were in any way honorable, B'Yerra placed her standing in the House of Grilka in peril as she joined the Federation to fight the Undine, the Iconians, and the Borg. Her crew tolerates her tendency to throw items when she's frustrated. Despite her volatile nature, she holds the diplomatic rank of Consul, and has reached the rank of Admiral purely on the basis of her research and exploration missions.

T'Nega Terces - Vulcan 23C Fed Sci Fleet Admiral - She does not need to be noticed--that is illogical. She does not expect to be noticed--that is unwise. You would know her by her deeds--if you know where to look. Peer closely at the historical records. Her footprints are there.

Vatka Ylani Tanora - Romulan/Fed Tac Admiral - The Tal Shiar made her an orphan. Hakeev died by her hand. Now her job is to rebuild the Republic one refugee at a time, a job which places her at odds with the Admiralty more times than they'd prefer. Only her record of success allows her to continue to strain at that leash.

Valduma - Romulan/KDF Engineer Vice Admiral - Vatka's sister, she chose the Klingons over the Federation. Her career stalled for reasons she doesn't understand--although she suspects Tal Shiar foul play--and she envies her sister's success. She's permanently assigned to Republic HQ on Mol Rihan.

Gregory Ulysses Stern - Human Fed Tac Admiral - Stern pushes the envelope on regulations when far from home, and as he's on permanent assignment helping to maintain a Federation presence in the Delta Quadrant, the envelope gets pushed quite a lot. When Stern says he's got your back, he means it.

Egar Dren - Rigelian Fed Sci Fleet Admiral - Literal almost to a fault. Egar Dren relies on his Exec to get the ship's work done while he concentrates on the science. This arrangement works out well for the crew of the USS Widow Preventer.

Izan Rammarg- Romulan Sci Lieutenant - Another refugee of Virinat, looking to find his way in the galaxy. He would have preferred another life, but this is what fate and the universe offered, so he's making the best of what's in front of him. His crew is new, raw, and each individual has his or her own tragedy to cope with as they face each new challenge.

Bennianthe J'Hetz - Romulan/Fed Tac Admiral - Spiritual daughter of famed Romulan philosopher L'Tan J'han, Bhennianthe searches for a means to bring the Romulan Republic to prominence (without being too smug about it). She's well known for her unusual boots and uniform, once featured in a magazine article.

Solak - Vulcan Fed Engineer Vice Admiral - Efficient, effective, and dull. Solak is permanently stationed on Starbase 39 Sierra, and it is he who really gets the coffee every time Marielle asks T'Nae to do it.
    boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    My main Thlaylie, looks angry because he has been finally forced to have a forehead.

The new lighting revealed the top of the giant eye shields the devs use to animate the Toon's eyes.

All the hairstyles start too far back even though this is a Fed Alien.

I had to drop and fill in his checks as well to cover the lower parts of these enormous eye shields.

Seriously these things could be an entire helmet visor each.

He looks like a Cardassian now so at least there's that.
  • Options
    admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I keep wanting to post here, but I have 50+ toons, and I try to make all of them unique. I'm not sure how to start without having something so long nobody wants to read it, except by just picking one or two.

I guess I'll go with my main.

'Kogar' was 'born' in the FASA Star Trek RPG, and TOS examples of the culture.

John M. Ford's Klingons as appearing in 'The Final Reflection' are a big influence. Kogar plays Ford's version of Klingon Chess'' aka 'Klin Zha', and his favorite version of that game is the 'Reflective' variant where pretty much only the piece you are currently moving is to be considered friendly, and only till you are done moving it.

Short Bio;
    Kogar is from a long line, but not a popular one. A number of choices through history have gotten the Kogar line branded as semi-heretical by more successful houses like Torg. The so called heresy extends to such things as believing the augment virus had benefits, running joint operations with other cultures against common enemies, and by a general liking for libraries, history and philosophy with a lot of it being non-Klingon.

Kogar is fashionable in an old school sort of way, and would not be out of his comfort zone poisoning quadrotriticale if it would help the Empire. This doesn't mean he hates other cultures, but rather the opposite. They all have something they can teach us, even if sometimes it is only how to spectacularly fail at everything. He likes Pakleds and thinks they are incredible. He likes Andorians, and if there is going to be a knife fight he will bring the ice-melt. From the Vulcans he takes the concept of I.D.I.C.

As far as Human culture goes, Kogar admits that he likes William Shakespeare well enough, but has a sneaking preference for musicals like "The Music Man", or "Paint Your Wagon". Terran folklore appeals to him as well, with the Japanese Tanuki, and Tengu both giving inspiration. He seldom mentions that he is also inspired by north American tales of the Great Rabbit, as he feels most other Klingons wouldn't understand. A Pakled might get it though.

Philosophically Kogar likes Plato, for the sake of Socrates, and thinks there may be something to the idea of a 'philosopher king', with the following caveats; The Empire is bigger than your kingdom, your kingdom is no larger than the area inside which you can kill everyone right now, and you are simultaneously inside one or more other kingdoms most of the time. Being wise is getting all these 'kingdoms' to serve the greater good of the Empire, first.

Kogar likes to mix a knowledge of Engineering with the benefits of scientific precision. In ordinary space war, Kogar would rather shoot out the power and targeting systems, and maybe damage the life support a bit, and then leave the target blind and crying for help. The Federation has to come running. Every ship that is burdened with rescue operations is one less to defend the more strategic targets with. Wound them and they will be so busy carrying their wounded to safety, that they will lose! Of course, that won't work on a Klingon.

In total war, Kogar is the type to bleed antimatter from the warp engines and make BFBombs. If you are going to attack a Romulan Star Base, then get the whole thing in one shot without ever uncloaking. There will be plenty of glory for warriors in pacifying conquered planets once the major military assets are dust.

Klin Zha is here;
    http://www.tasigh.org/takzh/

Qapla'!
  • Options
    ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    None...

They are digital characters that are fun to fiddle around with, but they are JUST pixels... They have no personality and TBH, people who imagine that their "Game that shall not be named" / EvE / STO / Champs... whatever, have a personality are a wee bit wonko IMO.

it's just a deeper level of immersion is all. Some people play STO like they play space invaders, others like to operate with a deeper more thought-out play-style. I'm not really into RP (unless it's in the privacy of my bedroom of course :wink: ) but some players get really into it. if it doesn't affect you, then don't worry about it. For example, i grew up with the Kirk Movies of the 80's and 90's as well as TNG, so for me, i like to keep my chars and gear as canon to those eras as possible, but that is as far as I go. Some people like to give their chars a personality, or a backstory. Other players like to wander round looking like a dwarf alien penguin TRIBBLE wearing a table. if that's what they want to do, then let 'em.

Tolerance means exactly that. if it doesn't affect you, then live and let live.
  • Options
    ironmako wrote: »
    None...

it's just a deeper level of immersion is all. Some people play STO like they play space invaders, others like to operate with a deeper more thought-out play-style. I'm not really into RP (unless it's in the privacy of my bedroom of course :wink: ) but some players get really into it. if it doesn't affect you, then don't worry about it. For example, i grew up with the Kirk Movies of the 80's and 90's as well as TNG, so for me, i like to keep my chars and gear as canon to those eras as possible, but that is as far as I go. Some people like to give their chars a personality, or a backstory. Other players like to wander round looking like a dwarf alien penguin **** wearing a table. if that's what they want to do, then let 'em.

Tolerance means exactly that. if it doesn't affect you, then live and let live.

Qapla'!
  • Options
    tiberious#6095 tiberious Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    Tiberius James Tirk
    Raised alone by his mother Ginny since the age of 8, Tiberius lived in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States till the age of 29, taking care of his mother. His mother always dreamed about living amongst the stars, which was instilled in her son. Upon her death and dying wish for him to join Star Fleet, at the age of 30, he enrolled as oldest cadet in his class. His curiosity of the way the universe works lead him to his career as a science officer.

The tragic death of his ship’s captain put Tiberius in an unexpected role of starship captain, which he found he excelled out. His goal is to command a science vessel, looking to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Jamie Kellsie Scott
    Great grandniece of Montgomery “Scotty” Scott, Chief Engineer officer of the famed “Enterprise”. Career goal is to command one of the fleet’s premier starships, having it named in honor of her great granduncle. While in Scotland to learn about her heritage, Jamie developed a strong love for the country, just like “Scotty”.

Living her whole life in space. Jamie was orphaned just before turning 18. She took responsibility for her 13-year-old sister, Rhona Jean, who is now her First Officer under her command.

The pair lived under harsh environment conditions which caused equipment to fail often so Jamie developed skills in fixing things which eventually lead her to her becoming an engineer officer in Star Fleet.
  • Options
    trekbronytrekbrony Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    One of my characters was the great-grandchild of Pavel Chekov named Anton Chekov, named after the actor of Kelvin!Chekov Anton Yelchin. His personality is a mature version of Anton's Chekov with the look of Walter's Chekov.
  • Options
    tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    This is quite the thread.
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    This is quite the thread.

I like it a lot. We are largely made up of creative dreamers I think. We also like to ground our imaginings in something tangible at the same time. It's a fun bunch of people! :)

Qapla'!
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    If I'm in mirror mood, this is the mirror version of captain Valdez.

He's cold and level headed 90% of the time, but anyone threatens him, his family (his betazoid wife Tianna is his first officer and his half betazoid daughter Trianna is his cyber warfare officer), his crew and his ship he will hurt them. He treats his crew as his own sons and daughters, he also removed all agony devices off the ship as he feels there are better ways of maintaining discipline.

He's a soldier, he studies his opponent's history and tactics to get an edge over them in battle. He has a habit of getting results and bringing out the best in his crew and colleagues. His hobbies are studying classical Terran military history and playing a guitar when he's off duty.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
      edited November 2016
      Not really sure about this thread concept. After all, unless you're a writer, all the character 'personalities' are fairly dead, since everyone eventually just plays the game rather than trying to get banned from the game for roleplaying in general chat. Which If I recall correctly, can happen.

just saying...

They're fun to play with, but not much on the social scene - unless someone is really... really... really bored and wants to annoy other people. :/

but then, I'm not sure which is worse, the rpgers without a clue about the game or the people who think they understand 'politics'... Both make me turn off chat.

Now, I have no problem with rpgers in an rpg-required game where acting has some effect on it. I know several people who work in that business-line. It's just with the rpgers who don't realize the basics of the game they're playing...

As for the politicos... "say hello to my little friend" (tommygun firing sounds).
    • Options
      marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
      wendysue53 wrote: »
      Not really sure about this thread concept. After all, unless you're a writer, all the character 'personalities' are fairly dead, since everyone eventually just plays the game rather than trying to get banned from the game for roleplaying in general chat. Which If I recall correctly, can happen.

just saying...

They're fun to play with, but not much on the social scene - unless someone is really... really... really bored and wants to annoy other people. :/

but then, I'm not sure which is worse, the rpgers without a clue about the game or the people who think they understand 'politics'... Both make me turn off chat.

Now, I have no problem with rpgers in an rpg-required game where acting has some effect on it. I know several people who work in that business-line. It's just with the rpgers who don't realize the basics of the game they're playing...

As for the politicos... "say hello to my little friend" (tommygun firing sounds).
      I don't rpg... Ever... I do, however, write (or at least, I used to) Most of my characters existed in written form before I started playing, so I simply created the characters I already had B)
    • Options
      theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
      I'm a big sci-fi nerd, so I base my characters off different movie and historical commanders.
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • Options
        markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
        Here's some dossiers I wrote for the literary challenges. These are descriptions of the various characters from the POV of a Section 31 operative. Yeah I haven't finished the set yet. I created 4 more after the challenge for the delta and temp recruits.

File 007001 - Melati Kusumu

-What: Admiral Melati Kusumu is a Starfleet engineer officer. She usually flies an Odyssey(USS Doom Serpent), but occasionally flies a Galaxy-X(USS Norman).

-Who: Admiral Kusumu is a an Orion/Kriosian hybrid. She's a refugee for political reasons, but loyal to the Federation.

-Threat: She's more of an asset than a threat. Like most Orions, she's not one to let principles get in the way of what needs to be done.

File 007002 - Beltran

-What: General Beltran is an Orion tactical officer who has been seen commanding the IKS Dlasoh(a Chel Grett) and the IKS SovwI Zoey(a Vorcha).

-Who: Beltran is an Orion marauder. He does what the Empire asks, as long as he gets to pillage from it's enemies.

-Threat: While he poses a threat to the Federation, that threat is marginalized by his ambivalence to who he pillages from.

File 007003 - Meghan Eridian

-What: Admiral Eridian is a science officer who flies the USS Rachel-B(Nebula).

-Who: Eridian is a Vorta from the Mirror universe. However, in some ways she seems to be similar to a Vorta Augment. Apparently she was experimented on by the Terran Empire, and thus has certain abilities, such as Telepathy, that other Vorta lack. She seems to be a capable officer, if a bit blood thirsty at times.

-Threat: As a being of partially unknown origin, it's hard to be sure of her loyalties, but she hasn't displayed any sort of alternate loyalties. She has an active dislike for the Terran Empire, even though in some ways she acts like them.

traits: Accurate, Conservation of energy, Elusive, Resilient, Sturdy, Techie, Telekinesis, Telepathic, Photonic Capacitor

File 007004 - Tetin

-What: Tetin is an Andorian science officer who flies an Ambassador class ship.

-Who: Little is known about this enigmatic figure. We have verified reports of her having visited almost everywhere in the Federation and beyond. But only rarely has she actually been SEEN in any of those places.

-Threat: While she seems to be loyal to the Federation, her nebulous nature makes her untrustworthy. Also I'd love to know how she can go in public without being seen... ever. Apparently she once walked right past an operative who didn't even notice her presence.

File 007005 - Chuft

-What: Chuft is a tactical officer who flies the USS Traitor's Fangs, an MVAE.

-Who: While his official record claims he's a Caitian, Chuft is actually a Kzinti. It's not clear exactly why he hates Klingons, but he hates them enough to be willing to join Starfleet so that he can make their lives miserable..... and short. Chuft is apparently fond of eating his enemies.

-Threat: Chuft is a potential loose cannon. He does what he's supposed to.... for now. But it's hard to say how long this situation will last.

File 007006 - Drexela

-What: Drexela is a Starfleet engineer who flies the D'kyr class VSS Moldavian.

-Who: Drexela is a rare case of a Trill becoming Joined after being removed from the Collective. Aside from that, she's not particularly interesting.

-Threat: An alternate timeline version of her known as "Drexela Tilo" was a mercenary who merely worked for Starfleet instead of being a proper Starfleet officer. The exact specifics of that situation are unknown, but the main version ahs not displayed similar tendencies.

File 007007 - 7 of 13

-What: 7 of 13 is a Starfleet tactical officer and the commander of the USS Breen is Futile(a Chel Grett).

-Who: The official record mentions that he is a Liberated Borg, but doesn't go into detail on the race. Most assume he's human simply because he looks like one. However he is actually an advanced cyborg called a "Terminator".

-Threat: I'm not sure whether it's good or bad that his original programming was corrupted beyond repair... However the "restoration" of his programming left him loyal to the Federation. While curious about his origin, I'm not looking forward to meeting whoever built him.

File 007008 - Monica Rappaccini

-What: Admiral Rappaccini is a human Starfleet engineer who flies the U.S.S. L.A.N.L.(a Chimera).

-Who: Her family has a history of weird scientific endeavors, and she's no exception. She has done experiments in cybernetically enhancing herself. The results are somewhat unimpressive, but safer than use of Borg tech.

-Threat: she could be realistically called a mad scientist. It's possible that she got a commission only because the admiralty was worried about what she might do if she didn't find a productive use for her talents....

File 007009 - Carnlan Rixx

-What: Admiral Rixx is a Bolian science officer who commands the USS Friesland(a Chel Grett).

-Who: Aside from a fondness for exotic technology, he's a pretty typical Starfleet officer.

-Threat: none, unless he tries something that backfires....

File 007010 - Sekkoth

-What: Admiral Sekkoth is a Starfleet tactical officer who flies the Congo(an Obelisk).

-Who: The official record only mentions his Vulcan parentage, but some of Sekkoth's recent ancestors were Romulans. But aside from that he's a rather typical officer.

-Threat: Aside from the obvious, none.

File 007011 - Emani

-What: The only thing know for sure about this figure is that she's a Liberated Borg Klingon engineer. There are unconfirmable reports that she flies an Orion carrier.

-Who: Emani apparently works in the applied theoretical physics department of the Klingon Empire in a parallel timeline.

-Threat: If she ever turns up in our timeline, she could pose a serious problem. In her timeline, she masterminded an attack on Vulcan that began with hijacking the Transwarp relay in orbit of Pluto. I still haven't managed to wrap my head around HOW she did it... all the explanations start with "it's impossible unless...." and end with something that goes over my head. Anyone that smart would be a serious threat to the security of the Federation if she existed in this timeline.

File 007012 - Diaula

-What: Diaula is a Romulan science officer who commands the RRW Vassam(a T'Varo)

-Who: Diaula is apparently one of those Romulans who took the loss of Romulus very badly. She has a giant tattoo that covers most of her face.

-Threat: She's more of an ally than a threat.

File 007013 - Emani

-What: Emani is a Liberated Borg Romulan engineer who flies a D'Deridex named RRW G'Anohok.

-Who: Liberated Borg Romulans are surprisingly common, but this one has proven herself in combat many times over.

-Threat: Emani is an ally of the Empire. As such she's a threat, but only when the Empire's interests conflict with ours. Also she's apparently well over 200 years old and has some peculiar insights into politics as a result.

File 007014 - Soheth

-What: Admiral Soheth is a tactical officer in the Romulan Republic who flies a Mogai named RRW Rovaren.

-Who: Not much is known about this individual. There is some evidence that Soheth might be at least part Garidian, but her precise origin is unknown. It is known that she has psionic powers though.

-Threat: Minor. While she is largely an unknown, Soheth has not demonstrated any hostility to the Federation as yet.

File 007015 - Slarg

-What: General Slarg is a Gorn science officer in the KDF, he seems to favor flying a Bortas battlebarge.

-Who: Slarg is known to have been part of the Klingon force that invaded ESD during the Iconian war. Not much else he has done is noteworthy.

-Threat: While he works with his Federation allies when the situation calls for it, he bit the heads off of several ESD guards....

File 007016 - Zdakek

-What:

-Who:

-Threat:

File 007017 - Naxaia

-What:

-Who:

-Threat:

File 007018 - Fanlaf-du

-What:

-Who:

-Threat:
        -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
        My character Tsin'xing
        Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
      • Options

just saying...

I don't rpg... Ever... I do, however, write (or at least, I used to) Most of my characters existed in written form before I started playing, so I simply created the characters I already had B)

Writing is fun for a lot of us.

I guess I could post a few more descriptions ... nearly all of them had some sort of existence before I got to STO.

Qapla'!
      • Options
        marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User

just saying...

Writing is fun for a lot of us.

I guess I could post a few more descriptions ... nearly all of them had some sort of existence before I got to STO.

Qapla'!
        The funny thing, is that when I first signed up, I had a very definite idea of the characters I wanted to use, then my PC blew up, and I wasn't able to actually play, but I kept writing... As I wrote more, new characters came through who were a better fit for the STO narrative, so I used them (and now I'm playing, new characters in-game, give me more ideas B)

• Options
        markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
        I actually haven't gone that far in depth on all of my characters. But I just realized that the descriptions in that file I typed up don't cover their personalities very well. So a few quick bits:

Melati Kusumu tends to be the conniving and manipulative sort, although she she's not afraid to use force instead.

Beltran is basically a member of the Syndicate working as KDF military. He's in it for the money and will happily do what he feels is needed.

Meghan Eridian is very brash for a Vorta. She has no compunction against getting her hand dirty, either literally or figuratively. also she doesn't go out of her way to hide her psionic talents, and uses them whenever she feels they're needed.

Tetin is sneaky and studious. She likes to study everything before making a move. Which is a bit odd for an Andorian.

Chuft is pretty vicious to anyone he doesn't like. He's generally surly and not very sociable.

Drexela is highly cantankerous and jaded but rather calm and collected.

7 of 13 is highly aggressive and logical at the same time. He doesn't say a lot but when he does it's carefully chosen.

Monica Rappaccini is the sort who sees new things with glee as she tries to find ways to blow things up with them.

Carnlan Rixx tends to do thing "by the book" though he improvises way more than you'd expect.

Sekkoth is an odd case of a Vulcan/Romulan hybrid who is hoping the Sundering can end sooner rather than later. He tends to mix logic with scheming.

Emani (the Klingon one) is the sort to try to out think every move her opponents make. She uses her implants to interface with computer databases and use the data to predict what her opponents will do.

Diaula is one of those Romulans who did the permanent mourning thing after Hobus. Needless to say she was not happy when she found out the cause.

Emani (the Romulan one) is efficient and gets things done promptly, including interrogations..... she's figured out how to use Borg tech to download information from a victim's brain directly.

Soheth is a bit of a wild card, she has rather erratic behavior that is hard for people who don't understand how she thinks to understand.

Slarg is a thoughtful and considerate individual.... until he decides to bite your head off.

Zdakek is the tricksy sort of Reman who is honest to his allies, but not people he dislikes.

Naxaia is a bit odd for a Talaxian in that she's a weapons specialist, but even then she's a kind caring person.

Fanlaf-du ends more fights than he starts, but when he ends fights he often does so permanently.
        -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
        My character Tsin'xing
        Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
      • Options
        Captain Fuzzygump! (the tribble captain)

= ^.^ =
      • Options
        jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
        Well i am a talkitive acoholic who takes issue with various races because we have been in war with them before keeping in mind i am from the 23rd century so it is perfectly acceptable for me to be a starship captain in the Federation.
      • Options
        jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
        jade1280 wrote: »
        Well i am a talkitive acoholic who takes issue with various races because we have been in war with them before keeping in mind i am from the 23rd century so it is perfectly acceptable for me to be a starship captain in the Federation.
        Yes, but what is your character like? :wink:​​
        Lorna-Wing-sig.png
      • Options
        smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
        Well, my main toon, Cassy Morrison, is of an alien race she has no idea what it is (she was left to be raised on a human colony world in the neutral zone, the colony was made before the Earth-Romulus War), it sorta a trans girl like me (her species has male and female, but both look like girls, just different plumbing for the sexes), and she's no starfleet per say.....she's a special advisor...think the 3rd and 4th Doctors from Classic Dr. Who with Unit. I was originally thinking of making her Iconian (but that was before we found out what they looked like), but changed that to a now unknown species.

She tries always to avoid needing to fight, but can fight very well if need be....though she always keeps her weapons on stun or heavy stun if she can. She's also a sorta mad scientist like Washu from the Tenchi series, and she's currently married to the Andorian, Vanda.

fdGOImD.jpg
        dvZq2Aj.jpg
      • Options
        Well, my main toon, Cassy Morrison, is of an alien race she has no idea what it is (she was left to be raised on a human colony world in the neutral zone, the colony was made before the Earth-Romulus War), it sorta a trans girl like me (her species has male and female, but both look like girls, just different plumbing for the sexes), and she's no starfleet per say.....she's a special advisor...think the 3rd and 4th Doctors from Classic Dr. Who with Unit. I was originally thinking of making her Iconian (but that was before we found out what they looked like), but changed that to a now unknown species.

She tries always to avoid needing to fight, but can fight very well if need be....though she always keeps her weapons on stun or heavy stun if she can. She's also a sorta mad scientist like Washu from the Tenchi series, and she's currently married to the Andorian, Vanda.

fdGOImD.jpg

Looks like one of those aliens from 'V - The Final Battle'. :)
      This discussion has been closed.