test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T5 ships on PS4

jahh75#9613 jahh75 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
When talking to the Starship requisition officer at ESD, I noticed that there are certain ships that require a specific type of currency called Starship Military Fleet Provisioning. It's says Price - 1 and next to it 200,000 (w/blue card looking icon). What do these numbers mean and how exactly are these ships purchased? Are they related to Fleet Holdings? And what is the difference between those ships and the T5 & T6 "Fleet Starships"?

I ask for 2 reasons. 1) For the knowledge of knowing since it isn't exactly explained in game. 2) Our fleet leader, who is a PC player, has asked us to start dropping all of our commodities into the fleet bank to contribute to the fleet starbase. Should we be keeping these provisions in order to get credit for contributing to the starbase or are they irrelevant? I just don't want to be taken advantage of because I started playing the game on PS4 and I'm unaware of how it works.

Please feel free to be as detailed as you like in your responses and I thank you in advance!
Post edited by jahh75#9613 on

Answers

• fodda82#9013 fodda82 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    They are fleet credits (blue card looking icon)

this should explain it: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Credit

:)
    Post edited by fodda82#9013 on
    200.gif#900
    Admiral Butler - U.S.S. Caitlin - NCC 90306 D - Fleet: Weekend Warriors
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    They use a currency that is not available yet since it requires a Fleet. Most of the Fleet ships require getting various ranks in the Fleet Shipyard which is part of the Fleet Starbase. Once your fleet gets a Fleet Shipyard I, a provision project that rewards Starship Military Fleet Provisions. If your fleet has 20 of these provisions, then 20 Fleet ships can be bought until more provisions are acquired. The 200,000 is related to Fleet Credits which is acquired by donating various resources to each Fleet project. 1 Dilithium = 1 Fleet Credit and 1 Fleet Mark = 50 Fleet Credits.

The 200,000 ships contain retrofits, ships that are no longer available as a mission reward, and ships that are only available through the Fleet Shipyard. Fleet ships contain 10% more hull, 10% more shields, and an extra console. Retrofits are Tier 5 versions of ships that are from lower tiers. The Aquarius Destroyer and HoH'SuS Bird-of-Prey are only available through the Tier 4 Fleet Shipyard. The Obelisk Carrier, Support Cruiser Retrofit (Enterprise-C), Odyssey Star Cruiser, and Bortas Battle Cruiser were initially mission rewards, but are now available in its original state or as a Fleet ship in the Fleet Shipyard or Fleet Spire. The Support Cruiser Retrofit is no longer available, but the Fleet Support Cruiser Retrofit is available.
  • jahh75#9613 jahh75 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    So provisions do count towards fleet credits ? Or do provisions cost a certain amount of fleet credits ?
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    So provisions do count towards fleet credits ? Or do provisions cost a certain amount of fleet credits ?

Donating any type of Fleet project grants Fleet Credits. You donate to XP, Upgrade, Cosmetic, and Provision projects to get Fleet Credits. Provision projects give provisions so you can purchase Fleet equipment. You need provisions and Fleet Credits to purchase almost any Fleet equipment. There is also the issue that Fleet leaders can restrict who is able to purchase from the Fleet stores. So as long as you have enough Dilithium, enough Fleet Credits, enough provisions, and authorization to purchase Fleet equipment, then you can get any Fleet equipment that your fleet qualifies for.

Cosmetic projects cost 200,000 Dilithium and add some cosmetic change like adding a glass roof to the Fleet Starbase or adding a bunch of Tribbles. The Tribble project might be the most despised cosmetic project in the game. Some of us cope with the Tribbles by playing Tribble Soccer and Tribble Hockey. Tribble Hockey is Tribble Soccer, but equipped with Frosted Boots. The 200,000 Dilithium cost can be reduced through the Dilithium Mine since that reduces the costs of Fleet Marks, Dilithium, and Energy Credits for each Fleet project. It also reduces the cost of Dilithium in the various Fleet stores. For small to medium Fleets, it is the best Fleet Holding to max out first due to all the discounts it provides.

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Fleet Credits is something that you personally earn by donating to fleet projects.
    Fleet Provisions is something that the fleet as a whole earns by completing fleet projects.

If you purchase something for yourself that requires provisions, the provisions are deducted from the provisions available to the fleet.
    If you purchase somethnig for yourself that requries fleet credits, the fleet credits are deducted from your own fleet credits.

There are different types of provisions for different types of items to buy.

So if your fleet has 5 ship requisitions, this allows up to 5 fleet ships to be purchased as a whole for the entire fleet.
    The fleet leader can configure the different fleet ranks, and set whether they are allowed to use provisions or not.

Eventually a large enough fleet will probably have gotten enough provisions that it won't really be a problem for all its members to go on a reasonable shopping spree, and the provisioning projects will fill quickly enough to recover spend provisioning. (Especially since almost anything that requirse provisions will also require the player to have fleet credits - which he can earn by donating to provisioning projects, for example.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • jahh75#9613 jahh75 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    So. In conclusion, should I take back my provisions that I contributed to the fleet bank thus far, even though the ship holding hasn't released for PS4?
  • byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Yeah, you should probably take those back. Recent patches (on PC, anyway) have rendered those provisions obsolete in regards to fleets and are not the same as those earned from completing fleet projects. They might be needed for R&D if we ever get that, but those provisions can be made with the replicator so... do with them what you will.
    oldracesbanner.jpg