test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wizkids = unique skin, Vizier = C-store

For anybody confused, here is how it works. If you buy the Wizkids ship, you get this unique skin:

286a1ed860c20394384ddff2454aa3b81479158845.png

However, a new T6 Sovy is being added to the C-store, and will be named the Vizier class:

7DZceHd.jpg

As with all normal T6 variants, you will be able to use any other previous sovereign family skins you have unlocked through previous purchases. And while this wont' have the unique "Wizkids" skin, you can of course recolor the standard sovereign skin to get that same blue-ish look.

By the way, this is what happened today: Someone at Cryptic accidentally posted a blog for the Wizkid promotion, with pics of the Vizier. It was quickly taken down, and the pics were fixed. This is why there is some confusion.

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    Actually... they're listing the promo as the Vizier. I believe based on the accidential C-store reveal, that locked down the Regent until it was fixed, that the T6 C-store will be the Archon class.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    The other point to make is that there is a three-piece set. The only way to get the special 3-pc ability of battlecloak is to buy the external promotion from Whiz Kids.
  • alphahydrialphahydri Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    This is a humorous/conspiracy theorist take on it all, but it's like Cryptic shut down all those datamining websites so that they could be the ones that leaked all their stuff. Cutting out the middle man, as it were. It's already happened twice now with this T6 Sovereign, once when the ship was accidentally released on the C-Store, and again now when they posted pictures and stats of the wrong Sovereign variant.

At this point I'm honestly amazed that we haven't seen or heard any leaked info from them yet regarding the 2016 Winter Event ship. Maybe we'll just have to be patient and see when an error like this pops up again. As a side note though, I really miss those datamining sites. Getting previews of upcoming things to be added to STO was sooo wonderful. It let me plan in advance for releases, instead of having these new lock boxes and ships sprung on us at times when I don't have any money to spend on them... :'(
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    For anybody confused, here is how it works. If you buy the Wizkids ship, you get this unique skin:

That's either the Fleet 1 or Fleet2 material isn't it?
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »

Fleet materials have a highly reflective Surface, this one doesnt, kind of look more closer to the free Ambassador class in its colors..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    alphahydri wrote: »

At this point I'm honestly amazed that we haven't seen or heard any leaked info from them yet regarding the 2016 Winter Event ship.

Just wait a week or two and maybe we'll see it's admiralty card pop up like in last year's case.
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »

It's actually a unique paint job that matches the miniature that the ship comes with.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    alphahydri wrote: »

At this point I'm honestly amazed that we haven't seen or heard any leaked info from them yet regarding the 2016 Winter Event ship.

Just wait a week or two and maybe we'll see it's admiralty card pop up like in last year's case.

I did actually find some rumor about the Winter Event ship, and if it will be true, then i think many people will be happy, but.. i'm not puting it here - look for it yourself people...
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    The winter ship isn't a mystery. We VOTED ON IT.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    no, we voted on next year's anniversary ship

the winter ship is going to be a T6 chell gret​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    The winter ship isn't a mystery. We VOTED ON IT.

No, I believe we voted on the ANNIVERSARY ship.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Ah, fair enough. I guess that was a little quick for a turn around time :).

'nother Breen? Yawn. Ok.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    nikeix wrote: »
    Ah, fair enough. I guess that was a little quick for a turn around time :).

'nother Breen? Yawn. Ok.

Well... its either gonna be a brand new Breen ship, since cold is their thing, a Vorgon ship, or something entirely unexpected.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Actually... they're listing the promo as the Vizier. I believe based on the accidential C-store reveal, that locked down the Regent until it was fixed, that the T6 C-store will be the Archon class.

Yes the Wizkids version is the Vizier class, the C-store intel ship is the Archon class.
    SulMatuul.png
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Please tell me what evidence there is to say the winter event ship in a T6 Chell Gret???