Why the Karfi is the best ship EVER

Capture_zpscavnsbu0.jpg

Round things.
I LOVE Round things
u7acy6aymfw7.gif
We Need BERETS in the tailor

Comments

• spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    It always reminds me of some deep sea fish just needs an antenna with a lure on the end to complete the look :smile:
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    The IKS Soul Train tears the roof off the mutha sukah!
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    Definitely a Herald influenced design when comparing their ships with the long pointy parts in similar pattern. It's actually something that SHOULD have been in a lockbox/lobi considering it is an enemy ship, and would have liked along with the Herald collection.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    If there weren't those dumb wings, it would be really warhammer 40k-ish and cool. Those wings really make it off-putting for me.
    Go pro or go home
  • nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    "I kicked the Devil's butt and pirated his carrier" Says it all
  • geekysoldiergeekysoldier Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    I named mine the Pri'us
    DMoNDoR.jpg
  • dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    Is that on 2.0 lighting? It doesn't seem to be fixed on normal...that's over a year now right?
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Definitely a Herald influenced design when comparing their ships with the long pointy parts in similar pattern. It's actually something that SHOULD have been in a lockbox/lobi considering it is an enemy ship, and would have liked along with the Herald collection.

It came out in a time that predated lockboxes. If it hadn't, it would definitely have been a lockbox ship, true.

Time for a Tier 6 version. Put it in a lockbox, if you must, Cryptic. Give us a Hur'q/Fek'lhri arc to go along with that, maybe something in the Gamma Quadrant.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    From the very start I played this game, this ship made me wonder. What is this? What am I playing? WTF? And then I go enjoying this game and have fun and forget about this 'ship'.

This is not the only design we have in this game, that made you think, what are they doing? Sometimes I think it is like a restaurant where the staff put TRIBBLE on the menu with the idea, let's see some idiot orders it.

Overall I think ship design in this IP is that great. Some design are very good, many are just too weird. The Karfi is one of those. Then again, I don't now any other IP that has cool looking space ships. The Millenium Falcon, funny design, but does it make any sense?

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    My karfi is currently on duty as a torpedo bomber against the CE. Good times.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Yes, the Kar'Fi is visible with lighting 2.0
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    it's transparent

2oJYKjd.jpg

Never buy a second-hand cloaking device from a Ferengi.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • shanksboyshanksboy Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    My favourite carrier of all time in game......we really need a t6 version
  • jasonyeefongjasonyeefong Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    it's transparent

2oJYKjd.jpg

Never buy a second-hand cloaking device from a Ferengi.

This^^^ :lol:
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    But really, it is time to update the Impulse engines from coal-fired boilers to something more sci-fi'y. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Catfish.
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    cuttlefish
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    It came out in a time that predated lockboxes. If it hadn't, it would definitely have been a lockbox ship, true.

Time for a Tier 6 version. Put it in a lockbox, if you must, Cryptic. Give us a Hur'q/Fek'lhri arc to go along with that, maybe something in the Gamma Quadrant.
    YES!!!! My Bioneural warheads and Harghs are ready!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    but really... ROUND THINGS
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    what are the round things?
    Spock.jpg

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    No idea, realistically I think they exist to make Fek'lhri stuff look distinctive.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    what are the round things?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ2iSoMB6tY
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Kar'fi is a space version of the Barge of the Dishonored Dead, the round things are port holes, the 'whiskers' are oars, the thumping you hear when no engine effects are on are the symbolic thumping of drums to get the chained workers to row.
  • dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 407 Arc User

Just as long as the T-5 version's Ferengi cloaking device gets the boot in the older lighting. Seriously, is the code that Garbled? And the look always reminded me of a Lionfish.

• claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Time for a Tier 6 version.

Yeah, what gives? KDF was the faction that originally had carriers as something to add unique gameplay to thier side.

Carriers and Raiders... that was thier unique gameplay, along with cloaking.

And while they have gotten T6 Raiders, they still don't have T6 Carriers of either of the two carriers they got.
    Meanwhile Fed side, and even Romulans, have gotten T6 carriers before the KDF.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    It always reminds me of some deep sea fish just needs an antenna with a lure on the end to complete the look :smile:

Considering it's shape and it's ever continuing transparency, it's a Ghost Shrimp:

Gcb3mv3.jpg
    Capture_zpscavnsbu0.jpg

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    kimony wrote: »
    Ghost Shrimp
    hah
    Been wanting to make a KDF carrier character for a while now, and you just gave me the best name for my carrier ship.
    Now I only need to translate it to klingon.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    Time for a Tier 6 version.

Yeah, what gives? KDF was the faction that originally had carriers as something to add unique gameplay to thier side.

Carriers and Raiders... that was thier unique gameplay, along with cloaking.

And then, a few years ago, there was a constantly growing stream of whining SF-only-players that were like "Who plays KDF anyway? We want carriers."

The Caitian Atrox was Cryptics first try to calm the angry masses.

"But that's no real Starfleet-ship!"

Then came the Armitage, as a compromise.

"But that's no full carrier!"

and so on... until Jupiter came.