test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lukari Community Ship Voting (Day 3)

12346»

Comments

• damon7980damon7980 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Team Echo
    We all know Alpha is going to win in the end anyway.

Alpha reminds me of those android species in the Delta Quadrant (forgot their names). Their ships look pretty similar to me.

Alpha is not similar to the APU ships.

APU ships - 4 "wings", tall, shaped like a diamond (Forgot the name of the form), Middle section is pointing out like a triangle.
    Alpha design - Triangle, middle section is rounded, small profile.

But this is my opinion, if you think it looks like the APU ship, then I respect that, I would say it looks more like the Elachi S'Golth.

DO not forget however, this is a design made by Lukari and the Alliance, and if you look at the Alpha design you can see that the middle is rounded (Could be the affection of starfleet as they almost got a rounded part on atleast half of all their ships) the ship is triangle which, if you look at the klingon ships, could represent the klingons and the romulans at the same time, oklnahB.jpg and guVNIsE.jpg

Also lets not forget that Alpha also looks like the first take-on on a starship as well as being easy to mass produce.

My conclusion is: Alpha looks like a first take-on starship, Easy to mass produce, it resembles Starfleet, KDF and Romulan Republic whiles being its own ship, therefor I would not be surprised if it would win. ;)

Here is a picture of Alpha when I added the blue forms (just to show what I've been trying to say.)
    q6ylcj7l.png

• bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    Team Charlie or Team Alpha must win. We need an UFO.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    Team Foxtrot
    I still can't believe the lightsaber handle is still ahead even with this extended vote time... Aesthetics be damned, I guess.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    Team Foxtrot
    I still can't believe the lightsaber handle is still ahead even with this extended vote time... Aesthetics be damned, I guess.

That's one reason i voted for Team Foxtrot. Plus it's got that grey alien UFO design I think is awesome.
    latest?cb=20141230104800&path-prefix=en
  • hamjamiamhamjamiam Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Team Foxtrot
    IMO, those of you voting Echo are basing your decisions on an emotional response and not a logical one. The batarang looks like something from an advanced space-faring race. The Foxtrot looks more akin to a race just starting out. I thought Star Trek was less about fantasy (coughStarWarscough) and more about reason
  • hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Why does EVERYONE who see's ANY ship with wings think UNRMMAGWAD it looks Romulan!!!! Run a way!!! Anyone ever think a new space faring people might build their ships based on a Aerodynamic design? You know something that they have already built. Or anyone bother to think "Well gosh maybe they have not developed atmospheric inertial dampeners yet?" So if any of their ships happen to land on a planet {like Voyager} they might need WINGS!!! Sorry for the rant. I am just tired of the complaining by people who try to sway other people's choices by what "they don't like." If "Romulan" is all that comes to mind when you see a pair of wings you need to do some research. For instance why are none of the starfleet ships shaped like a good old fashioned Space Shuttle? You know the one with WINGS!!!

• terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Foxtrot
    hamjamiam wrote: »
    IMO, those of you voting Echo are basing your decisions on an emotional response and not a logical one. The batarang looks like something from an advanced space-faring race. The Foxtrot looks more akin to a race just starting out. I thought Star Trek was less about fantasy (coughStarWarscough) and more about reason

Hey! No bashing Star Wars, Echo design wouldn't belong in it. But yeah, I think the Foxtrot looks like a more interesting design overall. We already have lot of similar ships that look like the Echo.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Meh. I preferred Team Beta, but that got knocked out in the 1st round. Of the remaining 3, I like Team Alpha.
  • xavierstormxavierstorm Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Team Echo
    much prefer Echo over Foxtrot. Can't get the conference phone thing out of my head whenever I look at it.
    Xavier Storm
    Fleet Admiral
    Commanding Officer,
    USS Defiance NCC 1699-A

United Temporal Agents
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Team Echo
    On all the ship designs Cryptic has really neglected the 3rd dimension... they're all just different shaped pancakes.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • justme2013xjustme2013x Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Team Foxtrot
    Team Foxtrot
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,668 Arc User
    Team Foxtrot
    umaeko wrote: »
    I don't care for the So'na ship wannabe, so, Foxtrot. At least, it looks unique.

And yet people are voting for Echo more. Go figure x_x
    ^^^
    Sums up my feelings as well.

Same here.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Lets get the next phase of this voting done. I wanna find out how ugly the next community ship will be, so I can see if I even want to try for it.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    Team Foxtrot
    :: looks at watch, looks back a board ::
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • syagriansyagrian Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Foxtrot looks like something from "Flight of the Navigator" :D
    Team Foxtrot
    Why does EVERYONE who see's ANY ship with wings think UNRMMAGWAD it looks Romulan!!!! Run a way!!!
    My problems with the alternates hasn't been, "Ermagerd it Romulan!", it's been that they look nothing like spaceships at all. Thankfully, reason won out with the first two votes sending the boomerang and the hood ornament back to Batman's belt and whatever Oldsmobile it was ripped from respectively. But seems the lightsaber handle has won most people's hearts, which boggles the mind to no end. Guess people really wanted their Star Wars in Star Trek.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Team Foxtrot
    Echo looks more like a Son'a wing ship to me.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • cjvissercjvisser Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Team Echo
    > @
    > The Lukari have bugan to explore whats your vote?
    team ECHO and easy to build look that is practical or....
    team Foxtrot and the baby nappy approach with a filled in waist circle at the top and space for the legs
    Team Echo
    Isn't this vote done yet?​​
    signature.png
    edited October 2016
    Team Foxtrot
    Tell me about it. Day 3 has gone on for at least 3 days now.

Append: Wouldn't it be funny if the devs also secretly hate the lightsaber handle and want the vote to somehow swing away from it? It's not happening with how the votes have dropped...
    oldracesbanner.jpg
    Team Echo
    Tell me about it. Day 3 has gone on for at least 3 days now.

Append: Wouldn't it be funny if the devs also secretly hate the lightsaber handle and want the vote to somehow swing away from it? It's not happening with how the votes have dropped...

Actually, 7 days. Trendy posted this poll on the 20th.​​
    signature.png
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,157 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Is this ship going to be the Christmas grind ship?
    zx2t8tuj4i10.png
    Thank you for the Typhoon!
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Anniversary grind ship, they spoiled the surprise.

Where is the final voting!?
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,215 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Echo
    Did they mention it was going to be a science ship?
    I stream on Twitch, look for Avoozl_
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Team Echo
    No mention of any details.
    Team Foxtrot
    For all we know, we could have voted for the Science, Tactical and Engineering ships of the Lucari. Makes you wonder which will be which.
    oldracesbanner.jpg