test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone else waiting for Convention codes?

Hi all, not trying to moan here, genuinely attempting to see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. I went to Destination Trek UK a week and a half ago, and messaged showing proof to get the convention boffs/ doff. So far I haven't received a response, so wanted to check to see if there was a backlog.

Comments

• derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    I know at destination new York they gave codes there on floor if you asked for one . they may have done same in uk helps to ask devs you may see at conventions...
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    derrico1 wrote: »
    I know at destination new York they gave codes there on floor if you asked for one . they may have done same in uk helps to ask devs you may see at conventions...

The devs never went to the UK, the only star trek video game represented there was Star Trek Timelines. Havent sent photos yet to Trendy but will do so soon with no expectation of a response. :(

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • chispin55chispin55 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Thanks for responding, people. Just wanted to see if it were just me, or if indeed other people were also in the same boat.
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Attended SciFiWorld con in Sweden last weekend, sent my pics, haven't heard anything back yet.
    And Trendy told me a couple of months ago on reddit that it would be sufficient, which is the main reason I made the long trip to the con in the first place. :(
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
    Ok, so I contacted pwe customer services as well, they stated they couldn't assist, and suggested trying on the forum (which I've done). Still no word from Trendy. Anyone else still waiting?
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    What conventions count to get the codes? Is there a list somewhere?
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited October 2016

It should be any Star Trek convention to get the 'Doctor' boff, and any Sci-Fi related con to get the TOS photonic boffs...at least according to Trendy on Reddit *shrug*

• tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User

It should be any Star Trek convention to get the 'Doctor' boff, and any Sci-Fi related con to get the TOS photonic boffs...at least according to Trendy on Reddit *shrug*

I'm going to the RI ComicCon next month. First glance would say it's neither Sci-Fi or Star Trek, it's comics, but Data will be there. Janeway was supposed to be there but she dropped out. So by that presence, it can be considered a Sci-Fi or Star Trek convention. These days, you can't just label a convention as this or that because it limits the draw. Conventions generally need to encompass a large group of genres to bring in the most amount of people. Guess I'll take my picture with Brent and send it to Trendy and see what she says.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    I have been waiting since September and still nothing
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    I went to creations in Cherry Hill NJ back in August. Sent a pic of me with Shatner as proof of attendance to Trendy through the forums message. Never heard back never got a code. Then tried to tweet the pic to Trendy through twitter as I heard that Trendy was more responsive through twitter. Never heard back never got a code.

:(

I has a sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    Trendy won't answer anyone she appears to be to good to do that
    Is there anyone else who handles the convention codes other than Trendy?
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Alas, no.

Not that I've heard of anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fiddlesticks. Doesn't seem to be I'll be getting an answer any time soon. And that (the codes) was a partial motivating factor for going to the convention as well :S
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    dirlettia wrote: »
    derrico1 wrote: »

The devs never went to the UK, the only star trek video game represented there was Star Trek Timelines. Havent sent photos yet to Trendy but will do so soon with no expectation of a response. :(

when I went to the 2012 ExCel London convention there was a card in the goodybag they gave out as we were booking in with a code on it although I know you could send in a picture as an alternative.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    I sent her pictures here and via Twitter months ago, heard nothing. When it became clear to me she was ignoring everyone, I resorted to eBay.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Can someone tell me how conventions work anyway. Do i have to pay money just to walk in the door and roam around? Or just for optional stuff like celebrity photos and meet n greets?
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Can someone tell me how conventions work anyway. Do i have to pay money just to walk in the door and roam around? Or just for optional stuff like celebrity photos and meet n greets?

you certainly do have to pay an entry fee, you also have to pay for every autograph and if you don't have your own an appropriate item to be autographed you would need to buy a photo or some other item at the convention to get the autograph on, you also have to pay for any convention photo opportunities with any celebrities you choose to get as well as any of the stage attendencies you want to see.
    going to a convention can be a very costly business the star trek one I went to in 2012 ExCel London I guess I spent around £300 in total inclusive of 3 days entry fee plus around £60 in travelling expense's.

it was worth every penny and I wish I could have afforded to spend more, and I know some spent a very lot more with VIP tickets selling out at a staggering £2,999 each, WOW!
    Post edited by bobbydazlers on

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    I went to creations in Cherry Hill NJ back in August. Sent a pic of me with Shatner as proof of attendance to Trendy through the forums message. Never heard back never got a code. Then tried to tweet the pic to Trendy through twitter as I heard that Trendy was more responsive through twitter. Never heard back never got a code.

:(

I has a sad.

I went to that one. Could only go Friday. Sent Trendy a pic of me there through Reddit, didn't hear anything either. I did get to meet Nicole de Boer while I was there.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."

you certainly do have to pay an entry fee, you also have to pay for every autograph and if you don't have your own an appropriate item to be autographed you would need to buy a photo or some other item at the convention to get the autograph on, you also have to pay for any convention photo opportunities with any celebrities you choose to get as well as any of the stage attendencies you want to see.
    going to a convention can be a very costly business the star trek one I went to in 2012 ExCel London I guess I spent around £300 in total inclusive of 3 days entry fee plus around £60 in travelling expense's.

it was worth every penny and I wish I could have afforded to spend more, and I know some spent a very lot more with VIP tickets selling out at a staggering £2,999 each, WOW!

I went for the Sunday only at Destination, 30 quid to get in, and extra costs based on talks/ photos. On the plus side I did get some Eaglemoss Yorktown exclusives.
    Trendy, if you're seeing this thread, please, please respond!

nabreeki wrote: »
    Cut your losses and move on. In the scheme of things, not a big deal.

Er, nope. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    She's got other duties now.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    As above, you're not only looking at an entry fee, but likely having to buy the tickets in advance... And yes, youd be paying for autographs and any items you might want to buy as well. I think most actors will provide a preprinted photo to sign in the cost of their autograph, but that would be down to them on a personal basis.

The best advice I can give, is; Don't get your hopes up.

Only expect to be able to say "Hi, it's nice to meet you... Could you make this out to Jim? Yeah, I really liked that episode... Thanks, it was great to meet you..."

If that's all you expect to be able to do/say, then anything else is gravy B) Most of all, just be cool and treat them like a regular Human being, rather being a drooling window-licker -- they'll appreciate it B)

• officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Id bet they would like it if you could talk about their acting work outside of star trek.

Question. What are the parameters for the convention photograph to obtain a code.
    Do i have to be inside? Can i be outside and take a picture with a parking lot sign for the convention?
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    Id bet they would like it if you could talk about their acting work outside of star trek.

Question. What are the parameters for the convention photograph to obtain a code.
    Do i have to be inside? Can i be outside and take a picture with a parking lot sign for the convention?
    Well absolutely, they are just Human beings, and probably just as happy to talk about anything within reason, and as time allows, hence why I say, if you only expect the bare minimum of interraction, then anything beyond that, you'll be happy... If you go expecting to sit and chat for ages, then one would probably be disappointed...

To qualify for a code, you would likely have to either take a photo inside the convention to prove you're actually attending, or to speak to someone at the Cryptic stall, but from the comments upthread, it sounds like folk aren't getting their convention codes, so it's probably a lot of hassle to go to, just for some cyber-freebies :D
  • sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User

When I got Nicole de Boer's autograph, I didn't mention her role on DS9 at all. Talked briefly about her start on Kids in the Hall and her roles on Deepwater Black and Dead Zone. For the picture she signed for me, I chose one from Dead Zone. She was very nice and did seem pleased to speak about her non-Star Trek roles.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."