test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone else waiting for Convention codes?

2»

Comments

• Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    If you don't get a code while onsite...goodluck. I would create a ticket if it helps. This is not like other MMOs that they can give out codes to anyone and cascade down freebies to peeps all over the place.

This guy has it right
    dirlettia wrote: »
    when I went to the 2012 ExCel London convention there was a card in the goodybag they gave out as we were booking in with a code on it although I know you could send in a picture as an alternative.
    ​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User

To qualify for a code, you would likely have to either take a photo inside the convention to prove you're actually attending, or to speak to someone at the Cryptic stall, but from the comments upthread, it sounds like folk aren't getting their convention codes, so it's probably a lot of hassle to go to, just for some cyber-freebies :D

Cryptic didn't attend the Cherry Hill con. I had a similar experience at the last Cherry Hill con. The holo leeta was a cyber freebie, and I took a pic of me there, and sent it to Smirk who was the CM at the time. It went pretty smoothly. This time around, it's just been no response, so either it's like you suggest it's a big hassle for Trendy, or there's a change in the details of the promotion. As in, if it's an event Cryptic wasn't at, you don't qualify. That's what I'm afraid of and would just like to know if that's the case. Otherwise, it could just be Trendy doesn't interact much at all on the forums, and that's why I tried Twitter, where I think she's much more active.

It is just a cyber freebie. So it's not like my sto enjoyment hinges on this. It's just this particular freebie, I'd really really like.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User

To qualify for a code, you would likely have to either take a photo inside the convention to prove you're actually attending, or to speak to someone at the Cryptic stall, but from the comments upthread, it sounds like folk aren't getting their convention codes, so it's probably a lot of hassle to go to, just for some cyber-freebies :D

Cryptic didn't attend the Cherry Hill con. I had a similar experience at the last Cherry Hill con. The holo leeta was a cyber freebie, and I took a pic of me there, and sent it to Smirk who was the CM at the time. It went pretty smoothly. This time around, it's just been no response, so either it's like you suggest it's a big hassle for Trendy, or there's a change in the details of the promotion. As in, if it's an event Cryptic wasn't at, you don't qualify. That's what I'm afraid of and would just like to know if that's the case. Otherwise, it could just be Trendy doesn't interact much at all on the forums, and that's why I tried Twitter, where I think she's much more active.

It is just a cyber freebie. So it's not like my sto enjoyment hinges on this. It's just this particular freebie, I'd really really like.
    Sorry, I wasn't meaning that it's a hassle for her (although the comments upthread do make it sound like she's not being very responsive) I was meaning that going to a convention, is a lot of hassles for someone to go to, just to score a code for some cyber-freebies :D
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User

Sorry, I wasn't meaning that it's a hassle for her (although the comments upthread do make it sound like she's not being very responsive) I was meaning that going to a convention, is a lot of hassles for someone to go to, just to score a code for some cyber-freebies :D

Ohhhhhhh. Ok, yeah, that is totally different.

Yeah, I was going to the con this year no matter what. It's really close by to me, it's fun, and I had a blast. The potential freebie is like a tiny little icing flower on the cake's corner. Cool if you get it, no worries if you don't.

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chispin55chispin55 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    I think some fair points have been made. And yes, they have a lot going on at the moment, so I'm sure she'll eventually get back to us (we have proof we were there, after all). It's also possible that others have taken advantage, getting codes for friends and the like, and that may have opened Pandora's box. As in once you give in to one person, then everyone else can legitimately request the same. I hope this is not the case, though, and that this is being put on hold whilst other priorities are being focused on for the time being.
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User

Ohhhhhhh. Ok, yeah, that is totally different.

Yeah, I was going to the con this year no matter what. It's really close by to me, it's fun, and I had a blast. The potential freebie is like a tiny little icing flower on the cake's corner. Cool if you get it, no worries if you don't.

;)
    Absolutely, a nice extra for attending a con if you can get it, but not really worth attending to get :D

• Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Wish we at least could get some kind of confirmation that we haven't been forgotten about.
    Especially since to some people she actually gave "her word" directly about the codes, at the very least those actually need to be honored.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    chispin55chispin55 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Trendy will have that shield of silence down. We've got to give her more time.