test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lukari Community Ship Voting (Day 2)

Comments

• txthunder898#5727 txthunder898 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    I'm not a fan of either one, but I would rather fly a disc than a semi-cigar shaped ship....or is it a torpedo shaped....nope it's a futuristic coffin, lol. Actually if you combine the disc shape of Charlie and the profile of Delta, then THAT would look cool! #TEAMCHARLIE for now, lol
  • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Not a fan of asymmetric designs, so Charlie
  • yeswecantyeswecant Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Team Delta
    Team delta:
    I got a pen...
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Charlie
    Delta would be a nice change in ship design. Do we really want to fly the cliche that is charlie?

I know it's a matter of taste, but how is Delta a nice change in design? Nothing in STO looks remotely like Charlie or a flying saucer, yet Delta looks very much like a romulan T'liss in it's fore view

EDIT: Sorry, mistook Delta for another design, both are rather fresh. Still, flying saucer all the way pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • rexyfrexyf Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    I think ?maybe? the Delta design is supposed to be based on the Cigar-Type UFOs that get reported on occasion?
    I mean, there's the flying triangle from the Belgian Wave, the Flying V from the Phoenix lights, the classic flying disc, the Cigar shape, the one from the the Washington sighting (that amusingly created the term flying saucer to describe *how it was moving* and not how it looked) and...The Flight of the Navigator?
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    I would say Charlie is the best of the worst at the moment
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Ultimately, I bet it'll be Foxtrott because htat looks the most like ship design we already have. And somehow it's always what's already there that people want.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • damon7980damon7980 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    I would have voted for delta but, We are voting on ships, the Delta looks like it could be a very cool defense platform, not a ship. :neutral:
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Charlie between these two.
  • relcodem#4356 relcodem Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    #Teamcharlie/#TeamAlpha
  • d0vahki11nd0vahki11n Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Absolutely no idea what Delta is supposed to be, I'll take the Team Charlie Plate over that any day.
    2015_10_17_181_01bcccf5619c5811eb14_1.jpg
  • reikontenshireikontenshi Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Team Charlie! C'Monnnnn, who *doesn't* want a flying saucer to fly around in??
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Already said it, Charlie is gonna be my top favourite with Alpha in a close second.
  • alesiam1alesiam1 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Still Prefer the Alpha.
    100px-arrogance_logo.png
    Fleet Eclipse Intel Cruiser
  • heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    SAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCERSAUCER
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Team Delta
    While the Paranormal Investigator and Rejected Historian/Conspiracy Theorist in me cries out for the classic Charlie saucer design, there's just something that I like about Delta - it's like a cross between the cigar UFOs, a flying wing and I can somehow see it stable while sitting there, but starting to spin like a propeller around the central axis when it starts to move, giving the illusion of a saucer-shaped craft when it's in motion...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    Team Delta
    I know Charlie will win, but I had to vote my heart.
    Now bring on Epsilon.
    #TeamEpisilon4life
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    My pick for reasons already stated: Let's get the Theremin powered up and go see Dr. Morbius!
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • nyzam45nyzam45 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Are these parts of the ship or concepts for the ship itself? I'm confused... :|
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    iradicus1 wrote: »
    Every alien species deserves their own flying saucer!

Time for some temporal shenanigans!
  • khelderukkhelderuk Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Flying saucer FTW - will we be able to skin it to look like a Galaxy class saucer though?

#ImWithCharlie
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    Team Delta
    Delta because it's different.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Team Charlie! I want my Jupiter 2!
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    USS Frizz - B

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Must.... have... Saucer....
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    aten66 wrote: »
    Delta has uniqueness about it though!

It will just be sold to Charlie thru a lockbox.

As for the voting I could care less about either one lol.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    I'm not a fan of either one, but I would rather fly a disc than a semi-cigar shaped ship....or is it a torpedo shaped....nope it's a futuristic coffin, lol. Actually if you combine the disc shape of Charlie and the profile of Delta, then THAT would look cool! #TEAMCHARLIE for now, lol
    I knew delta reminded me of something, but until you said coffin it just refused to click...

It reminds me of a Necromonger ship!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7Pz1AJaTJI
    not a particularly strong resemblance, but enh...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Don't really like either of them.

Charlie seems like it could be fun to fly around in. Flying saucer.

Delta confuses me, is that an engine or bridge sticking out on the front to the side?
    if I had more concept art of how it looks and could fly I might like it. But right now I have no idea what it is.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Delta
    I picked Delta to see how it will work, or would have, in case it loses. Also, shouldn't Alpha vs. Charlie happen first?
  • irondiety99irondiety99 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Charlie it is