test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game issues since maintenance today - PS4

Have to log on and off multiple times to do missions as cannot interact with AI characters or enter the sector for the mission, this is not on just one mission, trans warp does not work unless you also log on and off. Cannot go to space dock it beams you down then straight back to your ship and into sector space. These are just a few things happening to me today is anyone else experiencing the same issues.

Comments

• superdan89#2236 superdan89 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same sort of issue - trying to start Fluid Dynamic but there's no option to continue the text with Tuvok. 2r77zg3.jpg
  • kezerethkezereth Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same issue here with fluid dynamics.
  • imzadiangel#2454 imzadiangel Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I noticed on their twitter that they are investigating the issues so hopefully they will be resolved a.s.a.p.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    I'm a pc player myself, but going by this forum and reddit this seems to be a universal issue across both ps4 and xbone. According to official sources (twitter and a dev on reddit) they're investigating. Hopefully it'll get sorted asap because god this must suck.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • n8dawg0#8774 n8dawg0 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same issue with being beamed back up on Xbox
  • martok2112#7615 martok2112 Member Posts: 5 New User
    PS4 as well. I saw lots of folks in the chatbox complaining about trying to beam down to their homeworlds (be it Earth, Romulus, or Qo'noS) and getting sent right back into Sector Space, just outside their home system. Then it happened to me as well. Also, missions are not providing the next instruction to advance the mission, and not producing the events necessary to complete a mission. Promotion missions are glitchy as well. It was in the course of trying to complete my mission to become Brigadier General that I found that I (among many other players) was being bounced right off of my homeworld. Grr....arghh.

I was on Live Chat with an ARC rep, detailed as much as I could for both myself, and what I observed from other players. I am hoping that the chat agent will pass on those details to the devs at Perfect World.

Yeah, this most recent maintenance cycle kinda frakked the game up.
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    ilithyn wrote: »
    I'm a pc player myself, but going by this forum and reddit this seems to be a universal issue across both ps4 and xbone. According to official sources (twitter and a dev on reddit) they're investigating. Hopefully it'll get sorted asap because god this must suck.

I was in this thread on the forums before I was on Reddit.

This is a very high priority issue for us.
  • skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    null
    any idea what caused this?
  • whatt#6447 whatt Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    made a new kdf toon last night and now cant do any missions what so ever that involve going on to any planet.... auto beam back to ship...

of course with this bug and all the bugs in their other F2P games that never seem to get fixed, it is no wonder every talks TRIBBLE about this company
  • abbandon#8967 abbandon Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    This sucks. Have some free time and was looking forward to leveling up and working on my different captains but these problems really kill the game.

ps4 - federation character. I have trouble changing quadrants. Missions where your suppose to talk to Ops to advance to the next part do not have the dialogue option to move forward. Tried logging out and back in for the stuck mission but that doesnt help. Finally had to abandon it.

• hellcatx805#4438 hellcatx805 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    And to think I bought a lifetime sub this morning. That was probably a major mistake. I've played several MMO's that I've invested a lot of time and money into and I can't recall one ever being completely broken after a simple maintenance. It's been 8 hours and no signs of a fix anywhere.
  • direwolf016#2451 direwolf016 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    [PS4]
    As of right now, only zone I can enter is any given Deep Space Encounter. Transwarp is not working. Cannot enter Alpha, Delta quadrants.
  • skydaddy#6405 skydaddy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I've had to log off, game is just unplayable at the moment for me. Can't change quadrants, can't update missions, I even bought a load of lockbox keys off the zen store but whenever I try to open a box it say "you do not meet the requirements".

Lots of issues that need sorting. Am gutted as its one of my only free nights this week! But hey ho, these things happen I guess.
  • hellcatx805#4438 hellcatx805 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Yeah there are a lot of issues to sort and I'm guessing since its been all day they have no idea how to fix it. That's unfortunate because these kinds of problems kill new games. Well new on console anyway.
  • frankd1962#4322 frankd1962 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    And to think I bought a lifetime sub this morning. That was probably a major mistake. I've played several MMO's that I've invested a lot of time and money into and I can't recall one ever being completely broken after a simple maintenance. It's been 8 hours and no signs of a fix anywhere.

You've never played DC Universe Online then. Every other update there is a problem with the game causing something to be down for a period of time.
  • frankd1962#4322 frankd1962 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Thing that I'm finding amazing about this is no one has posted from the game itself telling us what happened, how long it will take and what's being done.
  • picard99picard99 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    The story so far:

#1 Transwarp does not work in Drozana System.
    #2 New romulus, Flotilla and maybe others are missing from sector map on some instances.
    #3 Cannot access to some systems on some instances.
    #4 Missions "Sunrise" and "Stormbound" cannot be completed.In sunrise you cannot scan the moon, in stormbound you cant get in tholian ship.
    #5 Bank and Mail don't work in Drozana Station.Exchange does work.
  • martok2112#7615 martok2112 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Yep. Here we are.... day 2, and still no fix. Still can't go to homewold without getting zapped back into sector space. Still can't dock at Drozana. Missions are still broken. I would like to get my promotion rewards and get my new ships.

Things you can do:
    -Go to DS9.
    -Play Deep Space Encounters
    -Cruise through sector space aimlessly.

This honestly feels like a very bad practical joke on the part of the devs, and they're all having a laugh at the players' expenses.
    Ok, Perfect World, this TRIBBLE has gone on long enough. Fix your frakking game.

Free game does not mean "offer a broken game". Besides which, the game isn't truly free. If you want to make advancements in the game, sometimes you have to buy Zen.... and that is not a free game to me.
  • jzhnutzjzhnutz Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    Should really merge this post with this post - yeah, its Xbox, but our issues are the same (I'm on PS4 btw)
  • whatt#6447 whatt Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    just look at the track record of failures from this company. between this game and neverwinter, the amount of things broken in each game across all the platforms and the amt of time many of these broken items have been in the games, it is no wonder they went to the f2p microtransaction model. if they kept charging people to buy the games they would have lawsuits on their hands.

with microtransactions they can suck up money from newer players that what their shinny items now and dont know about all the broken items in game. and when they complain they can be told "well its a f2p game, buying things was not needed but your choice" BS and they go on to toss eyecandy at the players and ignore anything broken...

however this newest broken game version, new players (hell all players) cant even move forward on quests or get to major hubs or anywhere else for that matter.
    whatt#6447 wrote: »
    just look at the track record of failures from this company. between this game and neverwinter, the amount of things broken in each game across all the platforms and the amt of time many of these broken items have been in the games, it is no wonder they went to the f2p microtransaction model. if they kept charging people to buy the games they would have lawsuits on their hands.

with microtransactions they can suck up money from newer players that what their shinny items now and dont know about all the broken items in game. and when they complain they can be told "well its a f2p game, buying things was not needed but your choice" BS and they go on to toss eyecandy at the players and ignore anything broken...

however this newest broken game version, new players (hell all players) cant even move forward on quests or get to major hubs or anywhere else for that matter.

Agreed - though, the majority of the issues with Neverwinter have been fixed (PS4) and those issues did not hinder progression as much as not allow most players to complete T2 dungeons.
    still no word. unbelievable
    still no word. unbelievable

yep, almost 24 hours
    well it's gone free to play for me. you lost a paying customer.
    well it's gone free to play for me. you lost a paying customer.

I'll buy ten more keys - need the lobi for the Vengeance (assuming I can even get back into my bank on ESD to get them out), but that's bout it
    I need too many lobi. sure as hell ain't giving them the money to do nothing to inform us of there huge mess up.
    I feel ya... I only need like 50 haha. Otherwise, nah, I wouldn't buy anything else at all. But I do want that ship.
  • ryans77#5741 ryans77 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Same here on Klingon: Mine Enemy mission I was playing it like normal the night before last. But yesterday when i got into the mine it's self and did every thing there like killing the commander, getting her code freeing the prisoner's, and then when i get to what is supposed to be the command center it's empty no leader or anything so i can't download the codes. So I thought maybe if i dropped the mission and start over that would fix it.. Nope. Now I can't even hail any of the moons to start the mission..
  • imzadiangel#2454 imzadiangel Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Still no fix and nothing has been heard from the developers since their tweet on twitter over 23 hrs ago, an update would be appreciated *waves at Dev's*,
    Still no fix and nothing has been heard from the developers since their tweet on twitter over 23 hrs ago, an update would be appreciated *waves at Dev's*,

agreed