test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Key Ring Bundle

2»

Comments

• cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    I personally got 5 of these bundles today (I used cash like the whale I am) and was very happy to try out the upgrades. I now have 5 EPIC items that I did not have before.

That, and I got 2 Kelvin ships from the boxes.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    Yeah but who needs 16 of these?

If you want Gold Epic Ship - All 8 Weapons, 11 Console Slots, Ship Gear (Deflector, 2nd Deflector, Core, Impulse & Shields) and for ground... armor, shield and both weapons. Your right you dont need 16... need 28 per toon. Good catch.

• nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    I don't think anyone seriously interested in maxing out a ship uses zero already gold/epic consoles. The plasmonic leech if nothing else :).

And these packs are still a largely silly way to go about it for 4-8 of the rest of those slots.
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    I don't think anyone seriously interested in maxing out a ship uses zero already gold/epic consoles. The plasmonic leech if nothing else :).

And these packs are still a largely silly way to go about it for 4-8 of the rest of those slots.

If I want my weapons to match my gold pressed Lat ship, I will.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Consoles are probably some of the least things you want to use these on. In relative terms, they have a low Tech Point Upgrade cost per Mk and Quality.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    I just thought of a very good use for these... Nanopulse batleths! You can't try upgrading them below mk12, and they come in GREEN... so for them it's FOUR rarity upgrades.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Well that would be interesting to say the least.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    To add to crashdragon's post;

"And besides, we sent you a check already."

(Felt like quoting Bugs Bunny just now...)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well that would be interesting to say the least.
    Well, I did it:
    nanopulse_by_marhawkman-daiq0jv.png
    But only the OLD nanos can be upgraded.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    So would the most efficient things to use this upgrade on is the various R&D items like the Aegis set, Exotic Particle Field Exciter, Conductive RCS Accelerator, Particle Emission Plasma Torpedo Launcher, TR-116B Sniper Rifle due to these items being Account Bind on Equip?
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    You know there are some romulan vendor weapons, the wide beam rifle and the other one. They are pretty good. I buy them at mk II and upgrade them, sometimes I have luck and the are purple at mk X, but sometimes not. With this item you turn them right away at mk XIV gold quality. I also took a bunch of mk II TOS phasers from the vendor at ESD 23rd century. The same thing can be done here.

This is a cool item and I am seriously thinking of buying a package. However I am not really interested in a lockbox ship. I can sell the keys of course, but what should I do with all the EC?

The upgrade item is account bound, but I wonder if the item you upgrade will also become account bound. I guess it is not the case.
    No, the item will not change its bind status just because you upgrade it with this item.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • borgified007borgified007 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    Congratulations you just spend real dollars 22.50 a pop to upgrade virtual items in a virtual game that likely won't be around 10 years from now. The better option is to spend your money on more useful tangible things.
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2016
    Wrong Thread. Ignore this post.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    Wrong Thread. Ignore this post.

I can't.... Dev Tracker said I must come read it. :)
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Congratulations you just spend real dollars 22.50 a pop to upgrade virtual items in a virtual game that likely won't be around 10 years from now. The better option is to spend your money on more useful tangible things.

You've never gone to a museum or movie theater in your life, have you?

Because goodness, why would people ever pay money for an experience rather than tangible goods...

• chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Overall, now that we have the recruitment bonus that instantly upgrades to MK 13 and UR quality, I would say that it's not that interesting though. Of course that only applies to reputation gear, but for most of my builds it's the most important gear.

And getting fleet spire and research lab consoles to epic quality (from ultra rare) usually doesn't make that much of a difference.

So the only useful application I see is for some fleet shields. Most other stuff is already covered by the recruitment bonus, or it's already Ultra rare by default and hardly worth it to get it to epic quality.

Err, what? Can you explain to me please what you're talking about? Or post a link, better yet?
  • grishimgrishim Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    This would be nice for existing characters with rep gear that is not UR.

Sure I could grind out 750 marks, 5 elite marks, 32,000 dil to re-do the space gear rep project, then spend who knows how much dil and upgrades to go XIV epic. Or ... I could apply one upgrade and be done.

BUT: $22.50 for just ONE of these upgrades along with the keys? Nope. 5-10? SOLD! 1? Nah.

Personally I would have preferred a set amount of Lobi per box instead of the crapshoot it is now then the tech upgrade. Considering that the tech upgrade is more beneficial to people (console pigeons) that have not been playing sto very long, then it is for long time players (pay to play era). Most people I know that still play STO from the pay to play era have 100 mil + dil so upgrading to epic is not a issue at all.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Overall, now that we have the recruitment bonus that instantly upgrades to MK 13 and UR quality, I would say that it's not that interesting though. Of course that only applies to reputation gear, but for most of my builds it's the most important gear.

And getting fleet spire and research lab consoles to epic quality (from ultra rare) usually doesn't make that much of a difference.

So the only useful application I see is for some fleet shields. Most other stuff is already covered by the recruitment bonus, or it's already Ultra rare by default and hardly worth it to get it to epic quality.

Err, what? Can you explain to me please what you're talking about? Or post a link, better yet?

Well that depends on which part needs elaboration.
    It's quite simple.

Reputation gear --> benefits from the recruitment bonus that instantly makes it MK 13 and Ultra rare quality.
    Fleet gear (Research lab consoles and spire consoles especially) --> already Ultra rare quality, very cheap to upgrade to MK 14 too.

So most gear is already of very good quality (bringing a Spire console from UR to Epic doesn't make all that much of a difference) or it can be easily brought to good quality without these 'instant-epic' tokens.

Only crafted items, episode rewards, lobi store and some other, older fleet stuff are really expensive to upgrade to good quality but I assume that these items don't make up an important part of most builds. Even if it did, there would still be only marginal benefits from getting it to Epic quality instead of, say, ultra rare.

So, bottom line, these items are probably not worth their price. If you were already planning to buy keys, then it's a nice extra, otherwise I wouldn't bother with it.