What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet Station K-13 Holding

Comments

• Options
    misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Just had a thought. Nice you want to create this content and make cash, but any idea when you'll get round to bug fixing ? like the Romulan Recruitment Doff missions (Broken for well over a year) or the inability when calling the Trade Freighter to access the account bank in sector space (Not sure if this is affecting anyone else). One would think after the Kelvin Lockbox and T6 R&D boxes you'd have some money to throw at fixing a few issues with the game ?.
    Post edited by misterferengi#8959 on
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    wisecasper wrote: »
    Will the turbolifts be the ones that don't move unless you keep your hand on the button?
    Are you referring to these handles?
    Turbolift_thumb.jpg
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    It was about time a dil sink was added. Most obvious solution to the dil market glut. Hope it's an arm and a leg in dil for each upgrade.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    yakodym wrote: »
    And here I thought that each fleet has their own unique holdings, but apparently it is always the same one holding for all the fleets... That just somehow exists in an independent parallel pocket universes?
    Depends on the holding. The fleet base itself seems to not be unique in universe. The Embassy apparently is not, but I can't imagine there being a lot of room for several of them. The dil mine seems like it might be unique. Spire is explicitly said to be one of many in the empty part of the dyson sphere. Krenim lab seems to be unique. This.... for story reasons has to be unique.

Of course this raises the fun question of who killed Hakeev. :p Every Romulan player sees them self do it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    A KDF version of K-13 seems likely since in AoY the KDF interiors were pretty much just a redress from TOS Starfleet interiors with Klingon stuff on the walls to let you know it's a KDF interior.

I wonder if this means we'll get 23c training manuals from this place that people have been asking for since you can't go back to the 23c after a certain point.

It would even be better if we had a bigger variety of 23c training manuals from K-13.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    skonnskonn Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    As a proud member of the TOS Veterans Fleet, I (and many others) thank you for putting this in the game. We've been waiting for a TOS holding since the system was implemented, and I'm drooling over all the new shineys!

But I HAVE to ask: Any chance we can get Kirk's wraparound tunic from seasons 2 and 3 as a purchaseable? Pretty please?
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    Confused as to why I can't Quote all of a sudden, but YES! please put in the Season 2 and 3 Wraparound variant or make the one in game editable (the badge on the belt for example).
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Delighted to see that homage to the ones who started it all will be an ongoing part of the game. Some would sneer and call it fan service. I disagree. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Delighted to see that homage to the ones who started it all will be an ongoing part of the game. Some would sneer and call it fan service. I disagree. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

STO itself is fan service, this is just TOS fan service, and they deserve their moment in the spotlight as well.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Getting kinda resentful this cool TOS gear is trapped behind a fleet pay wall.
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    NB0nKrA.gif​​
    Years ago I asked for the new ESD to be more interactive, and had the ability to fly INSIDE of, and then dock. Unless they are going to give us a station scaled to let all the ships fly into, the KT Yorktown would be pointless if you could never go INSIDE with your ship. STO could give us their own future take on the Yorktown starbase, but the starship hallways have to be HUGE now to accommodate the KT Dreadnought flying inside of it.
    [/quote]

An in-game version of Yorktown would probably be on a scale similar to The Vault, with comparable interior spaces to fly around in.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    NB0nKrA.gif​​
    Years ago I asked for the new ESD to be more interactive, and had the ability to fly INSIDE of, and then dock. Unless they are going to give us a station scaled to let all the ships fly into, the KT Yorktown would be pointless if you could never go INSIDE with your ship. STO could give us their own future take on the Yorktown starbase, but the starship hallways have to be HUGE now to accommodate the KT Dreadnought flying inside of it.

An in-game version of Yorktown would probably be on a scale similar to The Vault, with comparable interior spaces to fly around in.[/quote]

At one point in time, your ship beamed into K7. :P It was a bug though.
  • Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    so we open the door to the Station and what? get covered in tribbles?
  • Options
    jcsww wrote: »
    NB0nKrA.gif​​
    An in-game version of Yorktown would probably be on a scale similar to The Vault, with comparable interior spaces to fly around in.
    At one point in time, your ship beamed into K7. :P It was a bug though.
    Also, scimitars. flying inside anything would need to be big enough for scimmies.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I can't wait to see another Fleet holding that I never get to contribute Fleet Marks to. (cause it's always filled 1 sec after it goes active.)
  • Options
    gaparkergaparker Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Floating TOS robot boff? (Or Engineering kit summon?)

Make it so!
    Sorry you are wrong, it is Romulan cloak device in TOS "The Enterprise Incident".

• Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    One thing it should have is an Astrometrics room, since we know what a Galaxy's and an Intrepid's AM room looks like, so what would their predecessor look like?

It was a dot matrix printer. Connies had bowling alleys, they didn't waste space on trivialities like Astrometrics rooms.

Priorities, captain, priorities. B)
    gaparker wrote: »
    Floating TOS robot boff? (Or Engineering kit summon?)

Make it so!
    Sorry you are wrong, it is Romulan cloak device in TOS "The Enterprise Incident".

Sorry, YOU are wrong, although some of the prop's pieces ALSO appeared as part of the cloaking device, and also on NOMAD.

The Floating TOS Colander Robot is Flint's M-4 (from "Requiem For Methuselah"). Also pictured as goodies in the German link on page 1 of this thread was NOMAD itself (from "The Changeling"), and Andrea the Android (from "What Are Little Girls Made Of?)" All of whom would be fun BOFFs!

Seriously, though, this TOS fleet holding looks terrific!
    Of course this raises the fun question of who killed Hakeev. :p Every Romulan player sees them self do it.

It was the same people who shot J.R. and framed Roger Rabbit.
    Writers.
  • Options
    thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    neos472 wrote: »
    from what i have been reading in the blogs i think we are getting a mission alongside this to rediscover K-13.

It will clearly be a shuttle mission where you will be accompanied by your chief of security who will pester you for information as to whether you "zip then fasten, or fasten then zip".
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    from what i have been reading in the blogs i think we are getting a mission alongside this to rediscover K-13.

It will clearly be a shuttle mission where you will be accompanied by your chief of security who will pester you for information as to whether you "zip then fasten, or fasten then zip".

And then you and your Boffs discover that it was us who made it vanish in the first place, while trying to avoid our past selves ?

• Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    And here I thought that each fleet has their own unique holdings, but apparently it is always the same one holding for all the fleets... That just somehow exists in an independent parallel pocket universes?
    Depends on the holding. The fleet base itself seems to not be unique in universe. The Embassy apparently is not, but I can't imagine there being a lot of room for several of them. The dil mine seems like it might be unique. Spire is explicitly said to be one of many in the empty part of the dyson sphere. Krenim lab seems to be unique. This.... for story reasons has to be unique.

Correction: all players get to kill Hakeev. :p
  • Options
    irm1963 wrote: »

And then you and your Boffs discover that it was us who made it vanish in the first place, while trying to avoid our past selves ?

Technically we shouldn't discover this but instead there should be a cutscene where a figure in a blue EVA suit removes their helmet to reveal an aged looking version of your Captain talking to an off screen character and saying: "I tried. I tried to warn them. But it all happened, just the way I remembered." before the station disappears again. :)
  • Options
    irm1963 wrote: »

Technically we shouldn't discover this but instead there should be a cutscene where a figure in a blue EVA suit removes their helmet to reveal an aged looking version of your Captain talking to an off screen character and saying: "I tried. I tried to warn them. But it all happened, just the way I remembered." before the station disappears again. :)
  • Options
    qjunior wrote: »

Correction: all players get to kill Hakeev. :p
    You mean Borg-Hakeev. But yeah you get the idea. The game has... one hero for each faction, but each player is that hero.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User

As for story content, I always assumed that you are the main hero, and other players project into your game as support characters. But when it comes to holdings, where you can visit your own and then get an invite to the same holding of another fleet, in a different stage of completion, then it doesn't make sense if the holding is supposed to be unique... It's like having people not fly generic galaxy-class cruisers, but giving everyone THE actual Enterprise :-D
  • Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Station K-13, home of the Ship Breakers. Just park your ship over there - yeah.. right there's good. *presses the button on the ship compactor* squish...
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Got to admit, this one looks VERY promising.

Expanded 23C gear options are great, and even better that they're not limited to AoY alts; there were plenty of 23C characters of all factions before the expansion.

Hopefully we get a reliable means to get 23C weapons with decent mods, instead of the 100% gamble-and-hope of the current version. Even better would be if this allows for 23C shipboard disruptors that are currently only available as white loot drops.

The other one I will *really* be watching are the new BOffs. Historically, fleet BOffs have been the ones with the best space traits; Romulans and Krenim. If this holding introduces Human, Vulcan, Andorian and Klingon BOffs with comparable traits it will be a godsend for those of us that care about theme in our builds.

• Options
    fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Sinclair: So you're not to say anything to me that might change the past. Understand?
    Zathras: Yes, Zathras understand. No, Zathras not understand, but Zathras do. Zathras good at doings, not understandings. Zathras honored to meet you for many reasons.
    Zathras: [to Sheridan] Zathras also honored to meet you for other reasons.
    Captain John Sheridan: Such as?
    Zathras: Oh, no. Draal gave Zathras list of things not to say. This was one. No, not good. Not supposed to mention "One" or "The One". You never heard that.
    Captain John Sheridan: What else is on this list of things you're not supposed to mention?
    Zathras: Zathras does not remember. But if Zathras remember later, Zathras tells you.