test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet Station K-13 Holding

Fleet Station K-13 relives both the aethetics and rewards of a bygone age.

It’s time to bring this beauty back to life, and you have the keys.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    My fleet has been waiting and hoping for this. We love you right now...
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    So... Its the station that disappeared in the TOS tutorial, which is being brought back as a another pointless grind/ point to dil conversion cash grab then, instead of having some relevance to some future storyline

Thats just embarrassing as a means to introduce a grind like that
  • Options
    robofearthrobofearth Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    This actually sounds pretty cool. I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    So... Its the station that disappeared in the TOS tutorial, which is being brought back as a another pointless grind/ point to dil conversion cash grab then, instead of having some relevance to some future storyline

Thats just embarrassing as a means to introduce a grind like that

Grinds like these are healthy for the game because they keep the dilithium exchange from hovering too far from the middle for long. And participation is completely optional.

That said, it would be nice to have some in-mission acknowledgement that the station has returned.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User

Grinds like these are healthy for the game because they keep the dilithium exchange from hovering too far from the middle for long. And participation is completely optional.

That said, it would be nice to have some in-mission acknowledgement that the station has returned.
    from what i have been reading in the blogs i think we are getting a mission alongside this to rediscover K-13.

manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    thorodalthorodal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    @pwlaughingtrendy

Why are you not showing all the other rewards the station will offer like your German co-workers did? :tongue:

That one catsuit :astonished:
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Well, it's not a KT Starbase Yorktown fleet holding, but...

NB0nKrA.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    @laughingtrendy - wait, wut? It costs keys?

JK, JK, JK ;) *puts on the firesuit* No really, I'm just kidding.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Oh, interesting!
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Interested to see all the new goodies we can get.

And yes, some sort of in game mission involving the rediscovery of K-13 would be grand.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    My AoY character may have just found a place to call home...
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    Fleet TOS phasers and Photons, perfect for my sleeper ship (Paladin disguised as the Ranger)
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
      Floating TOS robot boff? (Or Engineering kit summon?)

Make it so!
    • Options
      lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
      Sounds cool on the surface, more nicely modelled TOS stuff and a drain for dilithium as well.
      But is it going to be more powercreep gear to further knock and tiny sense of balance we might still detect in the game dead?
      SulMatuul.png
    • Options
      saintdragon777saintdragon777 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
      I personally, can't wait to get started on that base. I wonder when it'll come out...? Well, I guess it'll be a surprise when this happens. ;)
    • Options
      storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
      edited September 2016
      Looks old...but better than to grind uselessly. At least ok for now tiger-11.gif​​
      tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    • Options
      msb777msb777 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
      Sweet more stuff for my tiny Fleet to take 6 years to not get finish
    • Options
      doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
      tousseau wrote: »
      My AoY character may have just found a place to call home...
      Obviously the point and answer to cries to stay in the TOS era.

iconians wrote: »
      Well, it's not a KT Starbase Yorktown fleet holding, but...

NB0nKrA.gif​​
      Years ago I asked for the new ESD to be more interactive, and had the ability to fly INSIDE of, and then dock. Unless they are going to give us a station scaled to let all the ships fly into, the KT Yorktown would be pointless if you could never go INSIDE with your ship. STO could give us their own future take on the Yorktown starbase, but the starship hallways have to be HUGE now to accommodate the KT Dreadnought flying inside of it.

Since I saw a deleted ST Beyond scene that talked about Scotty's TOS girlfriend Lt Mira Romaine, it would be cool to see her as a DOff. I have a coworker who looks just like that actress, only blonde. I pointed it out to her, but alas, she wasnt a Trekkie.
      STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
      Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
    • Options
      comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
      cool another holding... should be finished in no time... however, I'm not too excited/keen about this holding... but then again I'm making presumptuous assumptions... :open_mouth: we'll see as we get more info about it
      6tviTDx.png

• Options
      hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
      neos472 wrote: »

from what i have been reading in the blogs i think we are getting a mission alongside this to rediscover K-13.

Well thats basically how the research station was added, plus it puts a finished version in the game to motivate people to unlock everything.
    • Options
      In before Perfected M5 Multi-Tronic Universal Console available from K13. The Perfected M5 gives your ship a lethal Beam Fire at Will V (up 2 notches from III)
    • Options
      misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User

I like your optimism but I don't see this having that much of an impact on the dil exchange tbh. However may the Great Material Continuum prove my scepticism to be wrong.
    • Options
      daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
      edited September 2016
      Oh boy...
      Another part of the game I'll never get to see or use with my one-man Toon/Alt Fleet.

ah well...

My interest in playing died a month ago with the PWE/Cryptic Classic-Ships 'gold-rush' anyway.
      STO Member since February 2009.
      I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
      Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
      upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    • Options
      In before Perfected M5 Multi-Tronic Universal Console available from K13. The Perfected M5 gives your ship a lethal Beam Fire at Will V (up 2 notches from III)
      Actually, the M5 unit was studied and tinkered on my section 31 until they finally put they shut the whole project down

vd5Muu0.jpg

LOL, I missed that memo. Well, they could just say they just took the tactical programming self preservation algorithm from M5, with its ability to harness power and direct it to the weapons to take on multiple foes in a last ditch effort to save itself.
    • Options
      orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
      Ooh! Cool!

...Wait a minute.

Didn't I predict this in a different thread a few months ago? :o
    • Options
      markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      daveyny wrote: »
      Oh boy...
      Another part of the game I'll never get to see or use with my one-man Toon/Alt Fleet.
      you'll at least get to see the starting version of it where nothing works. :p

now this caught my attention....634d7be8be4b97036cceb9a07afaceae1474466354.jpg
      Remember that? Andromedan tech. It's not a belt buckle!

Might make for a neat kit module that's a variant of stasis field.

Hmm.... wait... maybe THIS is where the tech advances come from? Studies of Andromedan tech?
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg