test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PS4 bugs(?)

13»

Comments

• ceissadesisteceissadesiste Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    jadeae wrote: »
    I'm now stuck at the Cardassian mission "second wave". The previous mission has been completed. But the next mission won't start. There's not much else for me to do in the galaxy at this point as the exploration missions not working either.

Might have to create new character and repeat all missions or stop playing til the bug is fixed.

Are you at least level 42? Some missions do have a level requirement. I know I completed the whole Cardassian Arc with no issues.
  • dirtyginger4693dirtyginger4693 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The optional objective Diplomatic Distractions of the Second Wave mission is definitely broken. Did all the steps, even got the mini-map marker by Captain Shon and no option to sell the stupid stem bolts. I know someone else had mentioned this but wanted to add my confirmation since the more its noted the more likely it is to get fixed.
  • judg3dr3ddjudg3dr3dd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same. The optional objective "Diplomatic Distractions" in the Second Wave episode is bugged and can't be completed.
  • b1gr0nb1gr0n Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    is there a Way to adjust the mini map in the right corner, some times it zoomed and some times it not
  • konowa1980#8796 konowa1980 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The Mindscape mission in the Delta Quadrant episode wont let you click on 7of9 to continue the mission. Which makes my ocd completionist very aggravated lol
  • Diplomatic distractions can't be completed. I can't complete the Klingon Bat'leth tournament mission for the trophy since it doesn't show up nor can i get to the lower levels of my ship on KDF side.

I payed the time and 250,000 latinum only to realize i can't wear club wear where ever i want too, which i would love running into battle wearing it, overall costume restrictions are bad.

Speaking of costumes there is a common bug where the tailor will bug out and i can't take time and chose a outfit without it skipping around doing random things.

I found some graphical errors during some cut scenes and missions especially in the Dyson sphere and delta quadrant arcs where the characters get the big bulging eyes from npcs to even my own character it kinda takes you out of it when that happens.

I haven't played through entirely on KDF or Federation, but only what i have encountered mainly as a Rom KDF.
    One other thing is the randomness of Bridge officer rewards i would like a choice of having male or female bridge officers when i get rewarded them especially when most races has two genders.
  • prowlerdante#6958 prowlerdante Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @konowa1980#8796 said:
    > The Mindscape mission in the Delta Quadrant episode wont let you click on 7of9 to continue the mission. Which makes my ocd completionist very aggravated lol

This happened to me on Xbox One. I had to quit the game, reload it, and when I spawned I was then able to talk to her.

A few of the achievements / trophies have glitched. People are reporting they have the accolade for completing the Iconian War arc but no achievement or trophy, and myself and others have gotten all of the Solanae Dyson Sphere lore accolades, but no achievement.
  • lordlucavilordlucavi Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Romulan Reputation Mission "Secret Codes" will not start. Oddly enough, I had the exact same issue on PC just after LoR was released, same mission, same issue.

Upon completing the requirements for rank 2 Romulan reputation, I have a mission log to go to New Romulus, to the Vastam Peaks Mountain Path. When I go to the Mountain Path, I am not asked if I would like to start the instance. None of the Romulan NPCs mention the mission. The Romulan Surveyor at the Mountain Path teleporter says "Hello Admiral, I have nothing for you at this time.". I am unable to begin the Mountain Path instance, and thus, unable to complete the mission.
  • gedofparagongedofparagon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    X Box One... I am another one who started on the PC and was delighted to see an Xbox version. A few things:
    1) I have been unable to access Sub System Targeting on any of my Science vessels from T1 through T5. The option doesnt appear on the X or LB menu wheels. Did I miss something?

2) Cannot leave the Bridge to access the rest of my Ship when in Visit Ship Bridge mode. (I see that others have had this issue as well)

3) Have gotten trapped inside stars while in Sector Space.

4) Occasionally the ability to interact with the A button disables itself when in ground mode, making it impossible to complete social missions. (This happened the first time during 'Night of the Comet')

5) 'Set 2' ability options not coming up for Jem Hadar ground set, but 'set 3' options work perfectly!?
  • PS4 Issue: Cannot complete the mission "Treasure Trading Station". All objective completed, but when you warp back to sector space it resets and does not complete. Tried completing it twice to see if it would work and no change. Luckily, I could skip mission now but would still like to complete it. View distance still changes constantly whenever you load screens or do anything it seems.
    “The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.” -Spock
  • grizzo#3700 grizzo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    PS4, the RA, Upper Half Insignia is not available at the tailor for Feds.
  • caparzoukcaparzouk Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    > @konowa1980#8796 said:
    > The Mindscape mission in the Delta Quadrant episode wont let you click on 7of9 to continue the mission. Which makes my ocd completionist very aggravated lol

This happened to me on Xbox One. I had to quit the game, reload it, and when I spawned I was then able to talk to her.

A few of the achievements / trophies have glitched. People are reporting they have the accolade for completing the Iconian War arc but no achievement or trophy, and myself and others have gotten all of the Solanae Dyson Sphere lore accolades, but no achievement.

My Iconian War trophy unlocked but not the Solanae Dyson Sphere lore trophy after getting all of the lore accolades noted on the STO wiki :(

lordlucavi wrote: »
    Romulan Reputation Mission "Secret Codes" will not start. Oddly enough, I had the exact same issue on PC just after LoR was released, same mission, same issue.

Upon completing the requirements for rank 2 Romulan reputation, I have a mission log to go to New Romulus, to the Vastam Peaks Mountain Path. When I go to the Mountain Path, I am not asked if I would like to start the instance. None of the Romulan NPCs mention the mission. The Romulan Surveyor at the Mountain Path teleporter says "Hello Admiral, I have nothing for you at this time.". I am unable to begin the Mountain Path instance, and thus, unable to complete the mission.

you can select the Mountain Pass instance by selecting it from the New Romulus mission list in the Mission menu, it allows you to replay, that's how i have seen the two sequences i have unlocked so far from reputation unlocks.

1e04d86e1d98ada86a1f0a3e985dd642.jpg
  • zeydlitz#7679 zeydlitz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I found a few minor bugs, but they quite annoying.

1) Elachi Kit Module -- it says it could be equipped at eny Kit, but for my 56 lvl klingon engineer this option it does not work.

2) Upgrade kits, that I purchase from exchange go to normal items, not to research & developments, and hereso could not be used properly, it's just useless option.

3) Mission drop does not work properly, mission objectives almost every time stays on screen. And it seems, that "drop" really remember something about progress.
  • d382h#8950 d382h Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Character Name and Level Bug

Options -> Ship & Crew -> Captain -> Rename

Despite "successfully" renaming my Character several times, my Character's full name is missing and only the Display name is showing.

Options -> Ship & Crew -> Captain -> Career

Full Name field shown Display name only and my rank as Cadet, I am Commander (Level 26)

Options -> Ship & Crew -> Captain -> Progress

I am listed as Cadet (Commander (26)) and I have 24/8,000 Experience Points even though Options -> Ship & Crew -> Captain -> Progress -> Commander 26 is highlighted?

Seriously! This was working fine yesterday?

Character Display Name: Daemonica
    Career: Starfleet Engineer
    Species: Liberated Borg Human Female

Regards,

D382H

Post edited by d382h#8950 on
  • d382h#8950 d382h Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Does anyone even read these?
  • iceman#0849 iceman Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Is the "Shadows of the Solanae" trophy bugged for PS4? Or what are the exact things to do to get it. The Lore cannot be it alone, since it does not unlock, when you get them all.
  • mattmdm42mattmdm42 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    After maintenance ps4 version is in bad shape
  • vega#3302 vega Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    This is a big one. The mission tradecraft has completely shot my game. Ever since I accepted this mission, I cannot continue on anything throughout the game. I can't complete any mission, transwarp, access consoles or make anything primary on my map and have it appear. I've aborted missions and dropped them countless time with absolutely no success. I've paid money for in-game items and hopefully it gets fixed
  • thanielwolfthanielwolf Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    since maintenance none of the romulan rank shoulder pads can be equipped
  • quantum#0905 quantum Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I have made an official complaint to Sony about this game.

I have never done before, in over twenty years of gaming.

I'm absolutely outraged at the amateur nature of this 'game'!

I fully accept bugs, crashing, all manner of low quality, barely professional work that's pumped out for gamers to consume but this is the lowest quality product I've experienced. In all my years gaming I've been very patient and understanding, sympathetic even (if not because I can't imagine how unbearable it must be to be stuck on a project for years on end that you have no interest in). However this game has stepped over the mark, and so I've felt the need to make an official complaint to Sony. I'm genuinely shocked by the amateur, extremely poor quality of this product. It's almost unbelievable that a game that's so old can have so many issues. Clearly the developers do not care, Sony certainly don't, or perhaps they're still working on creating a quality control department, but I feel gamers, that may be considering checking this game out, deserve warning.

I know this message will be lost, ignored, or probably deleted, so if for no other benefit I would urge any gamer who has experienced more issues with this game than any other that they also attempt to get through to Sony (not sure if there's even a proper department for handling complaints; their website appears to suggest there isn't).

And if there is such a thing as a complaints department or quality control (I can't believe I've wasted time even typing those two words) at the developers then they need to take responsibility and start acting a little more professional.
  • elddirelddir Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    PS4 is effectively Broken since the maintenance on 4th of September.

Transwarps not working, can't enter ESD, can't beam down to planets on multiple missions, etc. Not to mention the myriad of issues which were already there such as cut scenes not loading in characters, camera too close and showing teeth and eyeballs, ground combat lag in firing weapons/skills, etc., etc...

I LOVE this game, but it is in absolutely dire need of some major attention!
  • alex475#7263 alex475 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I would like to report a problem with the Odyssey starship, the chevron saucer separation one which is not working properly, it does release the saucer but when you try to reconnect it it doesn't, it still play the sound and gas release effects but the saucer won't reconnect, (note that it doesn't reconnect even though it's not destroyed/damaged after combat, the only way to reconnect the saucer again is by removing the console off of the ship). Another extremely annoying bug is the camera distance resetting every few seconds, even worse during combat which is very irritating, I don't even get why would someone use it so far away where you can't even see anything, for that to even be an option, there's one shuttle mission I kept dieing because I couldn't see what was going on, which was infuriating (I play on a 47" TV, imagine for those using smaller TVs). I hope I didn't sound rude but this bugs, specially the 50.000 miles away from character camera reset every few seconds, are extremely irritating
  • roguepaladinroguepaladin Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    It's now February of 2017 and there has been no change with the camera angle bug. When the camera distance is set to the closest, it's not "over the shoulder" at all; it shifts up to so far over my character's head that all that is visible of my character at all is the top half of his head. I finally submitted a support ticket, and first the guy just said "to change camera distance, hold X" TRIBBLE; I told him thanks, but that wasn't the problem at all. So he replied:
    Hello,

We have forwarded this potential bug to our QA team. While we investigate this problem, we recommend watching for any news posts and patch notes for future fixes. Though the QA team will not directly respond to individual bug reports, all submissions are reviewed, and our developers will work to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

You can also directly submit an in-game bug report with your findings to our forums. This ensures that our developer and quality assurance teams receive all of the information they need to properly investigate the cause of a given issue.

Here's the link to the gameplay bug section: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/categories/gameplay-bug-reports

We apologize for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have any other inquiries.

Regards,
    Skylocke
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
    http://support.arcgames.com/

So basically he told me to post here in the PC forums. Which I've already done; we're posting on that original bug report post. And there's been no Dev responce whatsoever in this whole time. This bug is such a huge issue for me that it makes the game unplayable; I'm uninstalling STO and have had it with their lack of support. TRIBBLE you, PWI. I'm going to play ESO instead; at least that works.