test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PS4 Empress Sela Bug.

noobtubanoobtuba Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Anyone else encounter the game crashing bug at the start of this mission?
Basically once you beam down the game crashes and you can't get back in.
My game just continually crashes when I try to open it back up and reload.
Really annoying.
Apparently according to Reddit you keep reloading eventually you'll get put back to sector space but have to choose to skip the mission which really sucks.
Hope for a fix soon.

Comments

• colinfmcolinfm Member Posts: 2 New User
    yes I have same issue dose any know if this fixed yet or what to do next
  • ogmoch1ogmoch1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same here
  • spookyrikerspookyriker Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    exact same issue here. purchased a ship and outfits, spent real money to get these things now account is useless and unplayable because of the endless crashes upon trying to load into the game. i hope a fix comes soon the game is unplayable without it. im not investing in a new account till u fix the issues here
  • imzadiangel#2454 imzadiangel Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Same here cant play spent money until a fix is issued its unplayable
  • colinfmcolinfm Member Posts: 2 New User
    has anyone had any feed back from STO on the matter been like this since last night for me and I have spent money but just play the dam game
  • ogmoch1ogmoch1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Play another faction until its fixed. Games not unplayable, only one faction is
  • rpgplayerrpgplayer Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    i have the same problem. what i did though, was to drop the quest then skip it so i could continue on my other missions.
  • furryhand101furryhand101 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2016
    Experiencing the same problem. Character now stuck and unplayable.

Update: managed to log in after several attempts, will skip mission
  • geoffreyatln#2061 geoffreyatln Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Still happening to everyone including me :/ I really hate the idea of skipping a mission I try to see em through to the end plus I dont think people deserve to be penelized for skipping if theres zero alternatives this game just gt a console release so yea ik I it s going to be like in a beta phase but yea either give people the experience for skipping this one or fix the poidon pill crash arc please
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    Just ran into it right now
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • pukingpanda#3617 pukingpanda Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Crashing constantly as soon as you try to launch away team.

This is bothersome but hopefully they fix it
  • bridgeboy95bridgeboy95 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Don't constantly reload wait 6-12 minutes then try.

Still gonna bug me that the arc won't fully be complete
  • mastergamer9119mastergamer9119 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2016
    How do you skip the mission? I am on empress Sela n i don't know how to skip it
  • kari26kari26 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Yea, it's happened to me. It crashed on the away team part, then crashed as I logged in with my level 26 commander character. The third time it happened, it tried to load the actual mission then crashed.
  • indysoldierindysoldier Member Posts: 1 New User
    How do you skip the mission?
  • jadenterakjadenterak Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @indysoldier said:
    > How do you skip the mission?
    >

@OP: Happened to me too, was able to skip.

To skip a mission on PS4, press options button, go to missions -> mission journal -> episodes. This particular one is Romulan Mystery: Empress Sela. Go to it, press X, then hit skip.
  • matttheotter#8217 matttheotter Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Can you come back and replay the mission if you skip it?
  • fouroftenfouroften Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have the same issue. Only been playing two days :(
  • gamerpops#5487 gamerpops Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same issue. Taking a break to watch football, but I guess after that it'll be time to start playing Klingon until the game gets patched.
  • caparzoukcaparzouk Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    > @gamerpops#5487 said:
    > I have the same issue. Taking a break to watch football, but I guess after that it'll be time to start playing Klingon until the game gets patched.

I just skipped it after it glitched and did a space encounter to get enough exp to move on to the level 30 plus missions for the Federation, and i'll come back to Empress Sela once it gets fixed. If you leave it 10-15 mins you restart back in the beta quadrant no worse for wear.
    1e04d86e1d98ada86a1f0a3e985dd642.jpg
  • dirtyjr101#1815 dirtyjr101 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Yep, same here too and a big bunch of my fleet mates.
  • biramalgarbiramalgar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Same bug here shuts down every time i try the quest also the dooms day quest dosent register i compleet the quest (6 times ive tried) on playstation 4
  • enki369eaenki369ea Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    im having the same problem... and the game didnt want to go online anymore cuz of the crash everytime. so i made a trick :) i have set up a new character and when i started to play it i just changed the character and then it didnt crash instead it gave outside the system of this buged mission. then just abort the mission and click more options on the mission empress sela and skip it... other missions hopefully work
  • cptjaneway2011cptjaneway2011 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    exact same issue here. purchased a ship and outfits, spent real money to get these things now account is useless and unplayable because of the endless crashes upon trying to load into the game. i hope a fix comes soon the game is unplayable without it. im not investing in a new account till u fix the issues here

just keep rebooting the game, eventually it puts you back in sector space but yeah it's a bug. hopefully we get a patch soon. off topic but at the risk of not repeating myself, has anyone on ps4 been able to access any other part of the ship interior other than the bridge? i know that it's possible (atleast it was on pc/steam) but there's no option when i go into the turbo lift so i'm beyond confused
  • r1chardfacer1chardface Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Got some help from another player. Hit options button, missions, mission journal, incoming hails, empress sela, and hit skip. You can then continue the storyline.
  • jseiijseii Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Thanks for info, if skipped it and now I am bugged on desperate measures. When you get to station your ops officer should tell you to talk to 2 people then defeat 2 set of guards but I don't get the objective until after I have gotten into the fight with 1 set of guards so I don't get quest credit and they don't respawn. does anyone have a workaround for this

thanks

for cptjaneway2011 if you have the TOS set you can go down to other areas. its a oversight as in sickbay you an open duty offices menu, cant do anything with it though.
  • dyad123dyad123 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I have the same problem... for both problems the sela mission and with desperate measures and killing the guards I'm gonna try restarting the mission.. see if that helps...
  • dyad123dyad123 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I aborted the mission desperate measures and re started it from the beginning and it worked.
  • ceissadesisteceissadesiste Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Empress Sela mission is still bugged and can't beam onto the planet without crashing. Error code that happens is a non existent Sony error code and they say to contact Cryptic about the issue. So Cryptic, when are you going to address this matter?
  • maxxvestros42maxxvestros42 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Yea im in the same boat here, i sent them a ticket that i doubt they will respond to lol but hey thought it was worth a try to see if i should make a new character with a different faction and wait or skip the mission if they have no intent of fixing the issue