test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any gear/traits that buffs the TR-116B

Some time back they 'corrected' some gear that used to buff the Kinetic Damage of this rifle by changing it to buff only physical (which isn't the same). But I don't know all the gear options that well especially since I haven't been playing for while.

So, basically the question in the title :)

Comments

• Options
    sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    It'll probably be overshadowed by more useful/flashier options, but there's a Rifle Mastery (or somesuch) trait that affects it. If you find you have a trait slot left when configuring your build, it'll take a little extra damage on every shot from the TR-116B.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,026 Community Moderator
    The Rifle trait (can't remember the exact name) should affect the TR-116 as it is a rifle.
    I really can't think of anything else off the top of my head.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Bombardier and Sniper probably would.
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    You need equipment that boosts "all damage", like the Romulan Imperial Navy Armor. It boosts secondary weapon attacks by 50%. Or the "Blood of the Warrior" set bonus from the Honor Guard/Adapted MACO sets.
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »
    You need equipment that boosts "all damage", like the Romulan Imperial Navy Armor. It boosts secondary weapon attacks by 50%. Or the "Blood of the Warrior" set bonus from the Honor Guard/Adapted MACO sets.

Then Imperial Navy Armor has been changed to affect only energy damage based secondary attacks from the tool tip. Blood of the Warrior may work, but offers a only a small bonus.

Looks like they were rather successful at removing all buffs for this weapon.
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    The Imperial Navy Armor tooltip isn't accurate, it says energy damage but it buffs the TR-116B's secondary attack as well.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Penetrating Rounds (obviously), Bombardier, Sniper, Rifle, Up Close and Personal.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    Refractive Bulwark
    Set Powers
    Set 2: Reactive Barrier
    Reduce recharge time on all secondary weapon modes by 15%

Combine with Temporal/Commando Spec for really fast 2nd shot recharge times.
  • Options
    I've been using Intel & Commando specs with good results on the ground. I have the Ambush kit module which helps a lot too. I can usually drop a Borg heavy tactical drone with one shot by hitting X to aim, then I hit Ambush, Target Optics, and Fire On My Mark, then I use the secondary firing mode (sniper shot). Boom! One shot, one kill. Glorious. :)

Now elite tactical drones, those take a few more shots to kill, and you don't want to get too close to them. Still fairly easy to take out with the TR, tho. The sniper shot takes a big chunk out of them.