What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

50th anniversary free gift

Comments

• Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Many Thanks Cryptic.

I had been eyeing this bundle for my T6 Connie.
  • Options
    fatherkarrasfatherkarras Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I too already own this bundle, but am happy for the people getting it. I can't think of a more fitting giveaway for this event. I personally love the ship interior, enjoy!
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    Well...

Color me surprised.

I guess Cryptic did have plans for Star Trek's 50th.

Very Cool!

Thank you, Cyptic. :)
  • Options
    horizons2052horizons2052 Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Just posting to say thanks to you guys for the giveaway.

I know we've all been bitching for hours about today but i'll admit we were wrong and that I'm grateful for the giveaway.

Happy anniversary guys.

How do you know that everyone was wrong? So many people were complaining, what if they just did this because of that?

Do not mistake this post as a complaint though, I already have this set, it is good they decided to do something, ANYTHING, to commemorate the occasion though.

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    norcaler2 wrote: »
    Makes one wonder about that 2268 interior that's heavily implied by the fact that this is labeled 2267.

the 2268 one is the free pioneer one we use on the 23c temporal ships
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Sweet, I have the command tunic but not most of the other stuff.

@mattjohnsonva
    You are making an assumption that they did not plan to make this giveaway today until somehow people pissing & moaning somehow made them change their minds. Just fyi, assumptions are the mother of all f- - - ups.
    Yes that's right, it is an assumption, and it's one shared by many, I suppose it just depends on how naive you wish to be.
    the moaning started AFTER the patch.... how would they add a promo AFTER the patch?

As the saying goes, I wasn't born yesterday.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    scarling wrote: »
    And some people actually thought they were getting some unique never seen before gift. lol It's like they don't know cryptic at all.

Its amazing that they did this even. But its all useless stuff for me so i don't care.
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
  • Options
    bjornborgiabjornborgia Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    starmanj wrote: »
    The rest is unlocked @ the Outfitter, Starship Customization, and Ship Requisition.
    l0HlK6uahbCkw285W.gif
    Hab SoSlI' Quch!
  • Options
    aphelionmarauderaphelionmarauder Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Cool, thank you, Cryptic! This will complete my TOS collection except for the T6 TOS Connie, which I knew I'd probably never get anyway. I can always just get the T1 TOS Connie and pretend it's a T6. lol

With upgrades in this game, you could make a T1 connie outperform a T6 Flagship if you have enough shekels.

As far as this give away goes, I am waiting for the patch to finish! I have wanted this pack since day one and literally have a box with money that I have been saving up in to buy a gift card to get zen and purchase it. I love how it is now free for me to get!

Now I have enough money to ask that cute girl in my class on a date...​​
    Support the movement!
    Come stand with us in supporting Star Trek: The Animated Series content for STO! (It's canon!) #TASforSTO

Time travel and glass-cannon ships hurt my head and is NOT what Trek is about. Trek is exploration, becoming better as a species, and gaining scientific knowledge while holding on to the traditions that got us where were are.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Im happy, like I said in the other thread, thanks everyone.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,666 Arc User
    Cool, thank you, Cryptic! This will complete my TOS collection except for the T6 TOS Connie, which I knew I'd probably never get anyway. I can always just get the T1 TOS Connie and pretend it's a T6. lol

With upgrades in this game, you could make a T1 connie outperform a T6 Flagship if you have enough shekels.
    ​​

How so? 3 weapon spots are not that much, though. o.o

Anyhow, me is happy, at the very least, Crash get to eat keyboard.

dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    This is free stuff, and free stuff is always good, so thank you, Cryptic. With that said, I'm about to complain.

Maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't this step on the toes of the value of the AoY pack? I mean, it was still a good value, and the freebies here represent only a fraction of what I actually use from the pack, but I feel like I was charged for something that they were going to turn around and give away just two months down the road. That grinds my gears a bit.
  • Options
    sirmayday wrote: »
    This is free stuff, and free stuff is always good, so thank you, Cryptic. With that said, I'm about to complain.

Maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't this step on the toes of the value of the AoY pack? I mean, it was still a good value, and the freebies here represent only a fraction of what I actually use from the pack, but I feel like I was charged for something that they were going to turn around and give away just two months down the road. That grinds my gears a bit.

your complaining about a free bridge set? AoY pack did not come with that
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User

It isn't stuff in the AoY pack.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    mailman650mailman650 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Where's the guy who said he would eat his keyboard if Cryptic gave something away today? I want to see pictures! :D
  • Options
    mailman650 wrote: »
    Where's the guy who said he would eat his keyboard if Cryptic gave something away today? I want to see pictures! :D

Crash did, though he tried the "look over there!" and do a road runner act to attempt to escape. :D
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    tmrrc#4046 tmrrc Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I just wanna say im thankful for the pack being given out. At least they were doing something and this gives me some stuff i hadn't had before. So thank you for the free giveaway. :)
  • Options
    tmrrc#4046 wrote: »
    I just wanna say im thankful for the pack being given out. At least they were doing something and this gives me some stuff i hadn't had before. So thank you for the free giveaway. :)

Yep, and saves the trouble of me getting 2000 zennys for this, since I was eyeing this for 2 years, now. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    mailman650 wrote: »

35isvhf.jpg
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    bergins wrote: »

The uniforms are, but you did remind me that the shuttle wasn't (I confused the shuttle my AoY got for being from the pack).
    your complaining about a free bridge set?

That's the part that worked out for me; I didn't get it with the AoY pack ('cause it's not in the pack), so I got it today, for free (thanks again, Cryptic!). That still doesn't really address my point, though: this reduces the value of a very recently released bundle.
  • Options
    bergins wrote: »

The uniforms are, but you did remind me that the shuttle wasn't (I confused the shuttle my AoY got for being from the pack).
    ONE uniform is in both, the Command Tunic. But you're right, that certainly devalues the rest of the half dozen costumes, the dozen ships, the android BOff, and all the rest.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    getting the bridge for my Ranger class is a class act. Now there is total original series goodness. Spock and Uhura on duty when I walked onto the bridge. It just doesn't get any better. Hooray for Cryptie!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    damainx wrote: »
    I think it's a slap in the face. Many already own this. Couldn't they come with something new? They've had plenty of time. What a complete joke. Maybe the end is truly nigh.
    Yeah I already own the TOS medical set and was absolutely furious that they'd dare try to give something away that I already had. THE NERVE! Free stuff should be something amazing that everyone can use because we deserve it!

Or something.

(I'm just kidding by the way, but I'm saying this anyway because Poe's Law is a thing)

Thanks for the bundle and happy 50th! :D
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    damainx wrote: »
    I think it's a slap in the face. Many already own this. Couldn't they come with something new? They've had plenty of time. What a complete joke. Maybe the end is truly nigh.

Walking around looking for a hand to butt your face against isn't being slapped. Go find some other way to celebrate Star Trek besides whining you didn't get free stuff. It's undignified.

• Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    [quote="bergins;13053380"][quote="mailman650;13053361"]Where's the guy who said he would eat his keyboard if Cryptic gave something away today? I want to see pictures! :D [/quote]

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/35isvhf.jpg[/img]
    [/quote]
    If Crash won't eat it... I would be up to the task of chowing down on that keyboard...