test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek's 50th

Comments

• thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    risian4 wrote: »

Maybe, maybe not. It's just a date really. Here in the Netherlands we (or at least those who identify with this sort of thing) used to celebrate Queen's day on the date that the mother of our actual queen at that time was born, instead of her own birthday. To give just one example how flexible one can be with these things.

Just saying that all this speculation about what will be happening today is the Forum users' thoughts and doing, not Cryptic's. They never said something special would be done today. So if disappointment or rant-threads appear if nothing is actually done today, it'll be good to have something to refer back to as a response to the possible irrational posts that might follow in such a case so I wrote my reaction in anticipation of that :p

I hope it won't be necessary as I, too, do hope for something special.

This made me think of a scene from Babylon 5:
    Commander Sinclair: Ambassador G'Kar, when you have returned Londo's statue I'll turn the G'Quan Eth over to you and you'll compensate Londo.

G'Kar: Why should I turn it over assuming that I knew where it was, when it's too late! He knows that! That's why he gave in so easily.

Sinclair: This is performed in the sunlight that's touched the G'Quan Mountain on a particular day and time, right?

G'Kar: Yes.

Sinclair: As your people went into space, it wasn't possible to be at the mountain.

G'Kar: If we can't, we must still pray at the same moment as those on our planet.
    Sinclair: You forgot to take into account that sunlight also travels through space. Think about it: This station's That's over 10 Narn light-years. The sunlight that touched the mountain 10 years ago will reach this station in 12 hours. It's been on a long journey, but it's still the same sunlight. Good enough for you to conduct your ceremony, right?

G'Kar: Yes. It might be. You are a far more spiritual man than I gave you credit for.

Sinclair: There are a few Jesuit teachers who might disagree.

:)
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    Cryptic won't do anything. After the Great Connie Caper stuff up they had their fun.

If they do something worth while, I'll eat my keyboard.

Yep, yep, yep. My keyboard free diet is still in affect. dino4-20.gif​​

I'm afraid that so far your keyboard indeed is safe.

A shame, it would have made for nice YouTube content.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Sums up Cryptic today.

8474b90e9ab9d4e892000077a85767e8792fdd67d1d18443f703d69e79c06e6b.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yeah, @trekonlinegame had a tweet a little over a half an hour ago saying happy amazing 50th....
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I was hoping for a mission like yee olde first contact day. that has long been forgotten as well though. i guess on balance i would say gobsmacked is my reaction to the day.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I can not believe they let today slide past with nothing :-(

Its not even a giveaway its like no banners nothin.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • raxicoricoraxicorico Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    jam3s1701 wrote: »

That's it too. No banners, nothing.

I felt so miserable at the state of things, I dug out my old party popper from some event a few years back, and was blowing balloons at everyone beaming in for an hour just to try to liven up ESD.

The state of things, would make even Spock weep!~
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited September 2016

Not even a little tribble. How silly for them to remember "first contact" anniversary in the past by given players a pet shuttle or pet admiralty card and now TODAY that is probably most important milestone...a "MEH" moment. Another lost opportunity for a good marketing campaign to attract more players.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    Very Poor PR on from Cyptic they could of at least done a new post with something along the lines of its been a great ride so far and we still have this to look forward too.....
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    storules wrote: »

Not even a little tribble. How silly for them to remember "first contact" anniversary in the past by given players a pet shuttle or pet admiralty card and now TODAY that is probably most important milestone...a "MEH" moment. Another lost opportunity for a good marketing campaign to attract more players.​​

It's like Cryptic took lessons from Bioware with their miss on The Force Awakens.

• alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User

Even a U.S.S. Enterprise Legendary Admiralty card would have been a nice nod.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q

Even a U.S.S. Enterprise Legendary Admiralty card would have been a nice nod.

A TRIBBLE blog at least.

• rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    Ah well. At least I had the fleet event I organized, in which we gave each member a Master Key.

RIP our EC, but it was worth knowing that at least the Deltas had an ingame celebration.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Well... my expectation bar was low... I figured on a blog post saying happy 50th.... too much effort for em.... wow... just.... wow
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    Ah well. At least I had the fleet event I organized, in which we gave each member a Master Key.

RIP our EC, but it was worth knowing that at least the Deltas had an ingame celebration.

Yeah there's a few impromptu things going on in game from fleets and in social zones. So at least we the players can be safe in the knowledge we can celebrate Star Trek, when the devs can't be arsed to even write a blog.
    SulMatuul.png
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Apparently they posted a picture on twitter.
    hartzilla wrote: »

Outstanding.

• raxicoricoraxicorico Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    saedeith wrote: »
    hartzilla wrote: »

Outstanding.

"Is that sarcasm? I can't tell." -Sheldon Cooper ;)
  • stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    In honor of Star Trek's 50th Anniversary, we could light up a few redshirts...
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • specterkevspecterkev Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Happy 50th to Star Trek
  • scarletbattlesonscarletbattleson Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Either way, I'm eating it.

35isvhf.jpg​​

Share some with the class, please. At least the chocolate. :)
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I want them to do "something", simply so we can all see Crash eat a keyboard.....that alone would be worth it. :p
    SulMatuul.png
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    tarran61 wrote: »
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    Thanks! I had not considered twitter. Makes sense now that I think about it.

:smiley:

don't waste your time you will get nothing

I would disagree, Trendy does what she can when she can. I would hate to think of all the messages sent to her but she replied to one from me.

She never did answer mine but she can post about tribbles on her desk
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1