test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek's 50th

Comments

• Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Zen sale this week... New ship release this Thursday...
    Happy 50th!!!!
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    The Console version is coming out Tuesday according to the people working the booth at ST Mission NY

Hope they have everything installed. Reference Enterprise B.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Salami tweeted September 6th.

There is a blog up about the ship stats for the first CONSOLE Lockbox.

If I were a pessimistic sort I would say that the Consoles are their new 'Undiscovered Country'. Can we expect that Consoles are the new Federation and the PC version the KDF and Romulans?

Nah. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ezicstar#2795 ezicstar Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    If I were a pessimistic sort I would say that the Consoles are their new 'Undiscovered Country'. Can we expect that Consoles are the new Federation and the PC version the KDF and Romulans?

Not possible, since they have to run separate instances for each console. Their pops, even combined, will probably never equal PC. Not to mention there will have to be a certain degree of duplicate effort for everything they roll out to all the platforms, so it's pretty certain that the established population is going to be favored, if anything.

• Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Salami tweeted September 6th.

There is a blog up about the ship stats for the first CONSOLE Lockbox.

Nah. :)

Ahh, you mean the console version is supposed to be the long awaited exploration? :p

September 6th in the US, September 7th in Europe. I find it very strange, from a marketing perspective, that they wouldn't officially announce STO's release date until the day it actually releases. I doubt this is the best strategy to gain media attention.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    coolbatman wrote: »
    we'll get the blog announcement that STO is shutting down and wishing us a happy 50th anniversary....thats all i expect, that and a tribble boff

Of course! We can't expect anything less than a few hours of maintenance on the 50th anniversary! :D
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    It does fall conveniently on patch day. Who knows maybe it will be something nice. Maybe it will be nothin at all we will see
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User

Not possible, since they have to run separate instances for each console. Their pops, even combined, will probably never equal PC. Not to mention there will have to be a certain degree of duplicate effort for everything they roll out to all the platforms, so it's pretty certain that the established population is going to be favored, if anything.

Besides the Consoles are going to end up behind the PC version. They even said this.
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Like I said in a thread, after the Great Connie Caper, not really expecting anything wild.

Most likely just a Tribble.​​

Admiralty "Cards" are the new Tribbles, they take a lot less effort.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    norcaler2norcaler2 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    valenn1 wrote: »
    Like I said in a thread, after the Great Connie Caper, not really expecting anything wild.

Most likely just a Tribble.​​

Admiralty "Cards" are the new Tribbles, they take a lot less effort.

Or just re-release the IDIC Tribble to coincide with the console launch, like they did with the launch in the EU years ago.

• Options
    hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    as it'S the 50th anniversary I'd say we get something spectacular - like a Conny admirality Card....
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    My vote is for a mission with Shatner and the Ribbon Nexus thingy.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User
    hugin1205 wrote: »
    as it'S the 50th anniversary I'd say we get something spectacular - like a Conny admirality Card....

~looks for something heavy to throw~
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    gonalius wrote: »
    My vote is for a mission with Shatner and the Ribbon Nexus thingy.

You mean like the Shatner/Reeves-Stevenseseses books, where Spock visits his grave on Veridian III and the Borg beam his corpse away?
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    We are unwanted stepchildren. To be sent off to boarding school and forgotten. Daddy has a NEW family now.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    We are unwanted stepchildren. To be sent off to boarding school and forgotten. Daddy has a NEW family now.
    giphy.gif

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Well no new blog and silence from the devs it appears.
    Looks like people were right not to get their hopes up for this once only opportunity! :|
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    chitowngrizz420chitowngrizz420 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    I would like to get the TOS bridge crew used for the convention reward for the 50th since most players cant make to a specific location in the world to get it.
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    U.S.S. Chicago NCC 1833-C
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Well no new blog and silence from the devs it appears.
    Looks like people were right not to get their hopes up for this once only opportunity! :|

Yep! Welcome to Perfect World, where disappointment and lock boxes set the depressive tone. :P
  • Options
    scarletbattlesonscarletbattleson Member Posts: 56 Arc User

And they wonder why we are such Ebenezer Scrooges... :) Cratchit put one more coal on the fire and it'll be your head!
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    I would like to get the TOS bridge crew used for the convention reward for the 50th since most players cant make to a specific location in the world to get it.

How's that work btw? I made it out to the Cherry Hill convention. And have a few cool photos from my time there (one with Bill Shatner even). How do I let Trendy know so I can obtain this reward? I sent a message via the forums (with the photo attached) but am not sure the forums are the best way to get in touch.

Anyone else do this? Am I doing it wrong? There's a lot of motivation for me to get those BOFFs on my AoY character. It'd be kind of perfect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User

How's that work btw? I made it out to the Cherry Hill convention. And have a few cool photos from my time there (one with Bill Shatner even). How do I let Trendy know so I can obtain this reward? I sent a message via the forums (with the photo attached) but am not sure the forums are the best way to get in touch.

Anyone else do this? Am I doing it wrong? There's a lot of motivation for me to get those BOFFs on my AoY character. It'd be kind of perfect.

You have to use twitter. follow trendy then send a message with the photo there.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    Maybe tweet it to her?
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Thanks! I had not considered twitter. Makes sense now that I think about it.

:smiley:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Not a problem. Hope it all works out! :)
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    I am honestly shocked and kinda upset that we are not going to get anything for tomorrow's 50th, yeah ok it may still happen but hello where is the blog to get people excited.

I feel let down in a way tbh, it seems like everything has been console this console that. .

I'm a sad panda now lol.
    JtaDmwW.png