test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Xbox One - Camera Cycle bug

Hey all,

I attempted to cycle camera views on the ground when I first logged into a brand new Fed toon on Xbox one. I can cycle them from near to far, to distant. However, it never cycles back from distant to near. Scope aiming still works as intended, but the standard ground view will not reset or allow me to change it back to default camera position.

If there is a better place to post console version bug reports, please let me know. I realize the game will only get monthly patching at best, so good luck! And let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,
-Dan

Comments

• coldspike1coldspike1 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    cycle camera distance in Xbox One does not cycle back. The ship is still small and in sector space it is hard to see
  • alpha2beta3alpha2beta3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Hopefully there will be a fix soon
  • stealthelite1stealthelite1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    My camera keeps auto-cycling back to far, it's really frustrating when i'm looking over my toon's shoulder then suddenly see my whole away team mid combat.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    May I ask how you are changing the camera distance? I don't remember there being such a button when I played a demo of the console version. Of course, I didn't have very much time to explore the controls, so I may have missed it.

On the PC side, we've had camera zoom bugs for years; that's in space though. I don't recall a zoom bug on the ground, unless you're talking about the minimap. The minimap zoom levels for ground, system space, and sector space are all linked together, so if you change the zoom level in system space and then beam down or warp out, the same minimap zoom level is used on the ground or in sector space, regardless of whether it's appropriate for the map.

Speaking of which, how do you change the minimap zoom level on console? I remember a guy who played after me getting lost, because he had an objective to talk to Cooper and the only indication was a tiny green circle on the minimap. The scanner didn't work either. I had to point the green circle out to him.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • coldspike1coldspike1 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    I play both and I can say that the camera bug is far worse on the Xbox One that it ever was on the PC
  • gg70734gg70734 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2016
    Bugged on PS4 too. It was bearable at first with only dealing with the frequent reset when entering a new location or when I pinched the camera between my character and environment geometry. But, unfortunately, I decided to change my character's height two inches while visiting the tailor and now the "zoomed-in camera" is now three or four feet above my character's head. The game feels unplayable now, I can literally only see the crown of my character's head. I even tried making a new character but this rigid, hidden setting carried over.

Edit: Luckily the changes I made were on a second outfit and after switching back to the original outfit the camera height reverted to its proper setting.
    Post edited by gg70734 on
  • > @lleutenantdan said:
    > Hey all,
    >
    > I attempted to cycle camera views on the ground when I first logged into a brand new Fed toon on Xbox one. I can cycle them from near to far, to distant. However, it never cycles back from distant to near. Scope aiming still works as intended, but the standard ground view will not reset or allow me to change it back to default camera position.
    >
    > If there is a better place to post console version bug reports, please let me know. I realize the game will only get monthly patching at best, so good luck! And let me know if you need more details.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > -Dan

I just want to confirm that this is also an issue on PS4. Also, in space, cannot cycle to a close view, closest view of starter ship is very small, much smaller than on PC.
    “The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.” -Spock
  • pizzy84pizzy84 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Yep, just downloaded it myself on xbox. Playing with the controls, zooms all the way out (think the camera was on vulcan and my toon on Earth by the time it had finished, but it wont zoom any more either in or out
  • vegatronianvegatronian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Please please please fix the camera on the console ASAP its horrible and why cant we circle around our character like we can our ship or like in the PC version? I hope this gets fixed soon iv waited too long for this game to be on console just to have a camera system mess it all up!
  • dk1ngdk1ng Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    If you hold the left trigger to aim, then bring up the menu "hold A" and change camera whilst still holding trigger seems to work.
    Hope this helps, probably works on ps4 too.
  • dysonsfeardysonsfear Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    You know what'd be great? The ability to set your default camera in the options. No need to cycle, unless you really want to.
  • lleutenantdanlleutenantdan Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Update: This bug for me only occurred on the first play through of the tutorial section of the Federation story arc. After logging into Xbox one on a different day and going through "Stranded In Space", I was able to cycle cameras normally after that, both in space and on ground.
  • thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    Ugh, this bus is incredibly annoying. Not only does the camera like to randomly zoom out seconds after you zoomed in, but it likes to zoom out to its maximum distance and not allow you to change it when you're in tight spaces. I'm trying to do Mindscape and the camera is zoomed all the way out while I'm navigating Voyager's corridors. This is the type of location where I want to be zoomed in, not out.
  • cptnmikro#6013 cptnmikro Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    this game on console such a mess makes me wonder how it got passed certification
    Posted by Mikro Xbox and Cptn_Mikro Ps4
  • gloton99gloton99 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Under options for xbox one sto there's a few that I can't change one of them says change zoom cam to aim mode how to I enable those? I'm pretty sure this will help maybe I just need to know how to change that there's a few others I can't change either
    Post edited by gloton99 on
  • zionetzionet Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    gg70734 wrote: »
    Bugged on PS4 too. It was bearable at first with only dealing with the frequent reset when entering a new location or when I pinched the camera between my character and environment geometry. But, unfortunately, I decided to change my character's height two inches while visiting the tailor and now the "zoomed-in camera" is now three or four feet above my character's head. The game feels unplayable now, I can literally only see the crown of my character's head. I even tried making a new character but this rigid, hidden setting carried over.

Edit: Luckily the changes I made were on a second outfit and after switching back to the original outfit the camera height reverted to its proper setting.

I have the same problem except that switching to the original outfit doesn't help me with my character. The camera stays way to far above his head.
    :(

Edit: I'm on PS4.