Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Typhoon Class please
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    - Since the ship interior is really little more than a walk-around interface for the DOff system, how about placing my department heads as the contacts? When I go to the sick bay, for example, I'd like to see the bridge officer I've set as my chief medical officer about medical assignments rather than some random no-name NPC. Otherwise, what's the point of appointing department heads at all?

- Some bit of code to have NPCs address players by their chosen titles, in both the game and the foundry. Sure, this would result in a lot of people being addressed as "Torpedo Target Jones" or "Snowball Hero K'Fluffy" or whatever, but I imagine a lot of level 60s still wear four pips on their uniforms and would probably prefer "Captain" to "Admiral."
  • Options
    dmensionhatrossdmensionhatross Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    I guess I'll be the guy to wish for a more interesting end game.

You may fire when ready.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    How about showing a little love to non-feds ? I've only been playing this game since DR, but that is still way more than enough time to see how long KDF/ROM players have been begging for things like actual science ships, carriers etc.

T6 versions of "alien" ships ie, Vulcan, Andorian, Caitan we already have T5s, why not T6.....and how about showing a little love to the non-feds here too. Orion, Gorn, Reman etc. We have all these (playable) space faring races who have Allied themselves with the main factions, how about some ships from each race.
    Note for the above: C-Store ships ! ! ! Not lockbox/R&D promo ships.

Please do something about the AI, change the current Artificial Idiocy into something more like Artificial Intelligence. I actually like ground combat, but since I have an away team, I would to be able to use them without having to take them by the hand and guide them one by one from one area to the next.

While fixing the Artificial Idiocy, how about fixing Call for Help. Has been borked since I started playing, and a forum search shows that it has been 4 plus years now. It's obvious that it CAN work correctly as recent missions I have played where Daniels is with us, he almost immediately responded to every call for help, meanwhile my own idiot away team is off jumping up walls, standing on the wrong side of doorways and basically doing everything BUT what I want/need them to do.

As someone else already mentioned, the crafting system.....although that one I'm not too sure about. It is extremely frustrating to craft literally hundreds of beams just to get a few with the Mods I want, and hundreds with Mods that nobody wants. At the very least give each mod an equal chance of appearing. As it is, based on statistics, Acc, the mod nobody wants, has a 95% chance to appear on any given attempt, and Pen, which everyone wants, has about a 2% chance. The reason I say I'm not too sure about fixing it is that when I do get the rare beam with wanted Mods that isn't quite exactly what I myself prefer they sell for decent sums on the exchange, which would change if everyone could craft them on a more regular basis.

I'll end with a couple of two-part either/ors.

Either fix the disappearing trait bug already. Especially as it seems to happen when changing maps. Long missions with a number of map changes, which, like most missions, get harder as you go can be well nigh impossible when, by the time you get towards the end and are facing the tougher enemy, you now have NO traits slotted anymore.....or..... make trait slotting a non-combat function and not a social zone only function. Disappearing traits would be just a minor annoyance if we had the ability to check/change them before entering combat after an in-mission map change.

Either fix the constant SNR/disconnects .... or ..... add more "return" points to missions, especially the long ones. It is incredibly frustrating to work/fight your way through a long drawn out mission (herding your away team like children with ADD the entire way) only to be disconnected towards the very end of it, and then finding that you have to repeat most, if not all, of the mission.

Edit because I forgot one.

We need more solo-capable areas for acquiring the different marks. Yes, there are events such as the current MI that give out any type of mark you wish, but one, you can't run it solo so you either have to hope you get a halfway decent PUG, or run it with fleet mates and two, you pretty much have to do nothing but run it (and play nothing else) while it lasts so you can stock up all your toons with the needed marks before the event ends. When thee event is over ....... you que for one of the STFs that gives the marks you need and hope 4 other people decide to que that one before you die of old age.......

LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    ezicstar#2795 ezicstar Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    The Fed should have more ship diversity in general. The Vulcans, the Andorians, even the Xindi are members along with countless other races. You would think their ships wouldn't all look 98% identical. Or at least there would be more non-saucer-based options.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Visual weapon slots so my different types of the same type of weapons i have look like the same type, i.e. uniformity.
  • Options
    captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    To ezicstar: nah, let KDF have the diversity so they contrast from SF and RR. Aside from my wanting Tellarite cruiser, Vulcans should only get a new sci ship, a Venn diagram ringed one as a precursor to the ship from Daniels database.

other than that, add new ground weapons from Delta Quadrant species, as well as revamp of pre-RR plasma weapons, and a RR melee weapon.

Bottle episodes, or shore leave at P'jem, or Boreth. Not sure what the Romulan version would be though.

The last thing i suggest is a TMP style situation. My concept: Fed cultural observation post reports that astronomers of the species they're watching have sighted an object fly into their sun and came back out, and Player is sent with Factional NPC fleet to follow and board it. When they do, we end up in a kind of sickbay which scans us before letting us out.

Later we find the inhabitants are non-humanoids in suspended animation(for the whole event to make things easier), the rest of the mission is to determine what their plan is, are they good, bad, or just passing through?

I prefer passing through, personally, to remind us that we are not the center of this universe.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    dagorheru wrote: »
    A T6 Keldon or Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier? :innocent:

i think i saw in the next lock box, is supposed to be some T6 Jem'Hadar ships

Click on the "innocent" smiley in that first post back there. It has a link to the blog about the Cardassian-Dominion Lock Box coming for the console versions. :wink:
    Post edited by breadandcircuses on
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    ezicstar#2795 ezicstar Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    To ezicstar: nah, let KDF have the diversity so they contrast from SF and RR. Aside from my wanting Tellarite cruiser, Vulcans should only get a new sci ship, a Venn diagram ringed one as a precursor to the ship from Daniels database.

That ship is actually a carrier according to the diagram, though it could fill any other role. That and a retrofitted Suurok should at least be available.

I think all the factions can have diversity while still being recognizable. Hell, you can fly Cardassian ships as a member of any faction, so looks are basically a matter of personal taste more than anything.
  • Options
    dagorherudagorheru Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Visual weapon slots so my different types of the same type of weapons i have look like the same type, i.e. uniformity.

oh i love this idea...like all your beams look like Herald...or Terran Disrupters!
  • Options
    captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    What of my exploration mission concept, does it sound like a good idea to any other Players here?
  • Options
    dagorherudagorheru Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    What of my exploration mission concept, does it sound like a good idea to any other Players here?

that would be awesome...i thought that this current expansion was supposed to have exploration in it
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    C-Store cardassian uniform/weapon pack
    I like it ! Yes please !

I'd also like the ability to name one's pets. :D

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif