test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cannot find tailor unlock for 8472 counter-command exo-armor

sekusei28sekusei28 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
edited August 2016 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So I completed all reps on my AoY toon, and crafted my Mk XIII UR quality ground set to get the appearance unlock. I already had the kit though don't use since I have better, but for the hell of it I pulled it out of the bank. I have all 4 pieces needed for the set, but I didn't get the accolade for crafting the rep gear, and I cannot find the tailor unlock. On a related note I've also noticed the temporal armor is unavailable as an option for bridge officers, yet they can wear the helmet...

***EDIT***
Okay apparantly the accolades doesn't see/count the armor being crafted as seen Qh7hi9i.jpg there, yet you can see I have it and all 4 pieces OA8Pffa.jpg

Post edited by sekusei28 on

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Thing is the "rep upgrade" we got through the event broke most unlockables & accolades because they're specifically set to trigger when you requisition mkXII VR gear.
    Adapted MACO/KHG ground set? Not unlockable once you have the rep upgrade. The visuals for the dyson ground set? Same issue. etc, etc,...
  • Options
    Thing is the "rep upgrade" we got through the event broke most unlockables & accolades because they're specifically set to trigger when you requisition mkXII VR gear.
    Adapted MACO/KHG ground set? Not unlockable once you have the rep upgrade. The visuals for the dyson ground set? Same issue. etc, etc,...

It let me get the Dyson appearance last night, and the set was Mk XIII UR, after having to run the project to unlock in tailor. With the MACO am noticing on my original character that has both MACO and Adapted MACO ground/space sets (when you had to make the first to unlock adapted), it's listing a 6 piece set, but on my AoY (Maco was the first ground armor crafted) it doesn't, it just lists a 3 piece set. I found through online searching a few years back, I think when the 8472 rep was introduced that there was issues regarding the tailor unlock, am wondering if with the "rep upgrade" if that didn't re-trigger that bug as I've found notices regarding past bugs that were fixed popping back up

• Options
    benpeters88benpeters88 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    There seems to be a bug atm where if you craft Mk XIII UR gear, it doesn't register as the Mk XII VR gear needed to unlock a lot of costumes. I came across it myself on more than one character when trying to get Maco and Omega type 2
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    There seems to be a bug atm where if you craft Mk XIII UR gear, it doesn't register as the Mk XII VR gear needed to unlock a lot of costumes. I came across it myself on more than one character when trying to get Maco and Omega type 2

You mean teh same bug that prevent the Mk XII gear from registering in the accolade to get the MK X version of it? Also note, that you're locked out of achieves for the Borg STF Elites on each set. As the advanced version doesn't count for it and they took the elites out.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    Well after today's update, I logged in to get a message that my 8472 mission (didn't know it was a mission) was out of date and being restarted, now it doesn't show in accolades as being started as if I haven't even crafted any of the pieces
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    **UPDATE**
    I crafted just the armor for the delta and so far it started the accolade and registered the Mk XIII armor, and it even popped the accolade back up for counter-command agent and registered the armor for it as well.... downside, It now doesn't show for counter command that the shield and weapon were crafted... SERIOUSLY?!
    OCvFAB8.jpg

**EDIT**
    Copied character to Tribble, the Delta rep accolade still showed being in progress, counter-command agent.... No, not only that but also noticed that my kit, AND the counter command quest reward kit didn't copy over
    Post edited by sekusei28 on
  • Options
    **UPDATE**
    Big surprise accolade/tailor unlock still broken for this reputation, sent in weekly bug reports and its still not a known issue?
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    sekusei28 wrote: »
    **UPDATE**
    Big surprise accolade/tailor unlock still broken for this reputation, sent in weekly bug reports and its still not a known issue?
    Was in your shoes. There is a workaround. You have to recycle them and get them back from your replicator menu in the inventory. But be very careful. IF upon deletion, it doesnt give you a msg something like: "You can rebuy your items..." dont do it and switch map until you do get that message. But dont switch maps if you deleted them. You wil lose them for good that way. When you get them back from your recycler you should get the accolade. I got it and unlocked the costume.
    taesong1 wrote: »
    I'm having similar problems with Terran Task Force armor not showing up when I go to the tailor. I got the Mark XIII Ultra rare version.
    Same here as the above. I missed 2 items in the accolade but had them. Deleted them but only got back the weapon, not the armor :( Noticed that upon deleting the armor I actually didnt got a message "You can get back your item..." or something like that. So had to farm the 500 marks and other stuff again for it. But I got the costume unlock in the end. Ohh and since this costume doesnt have its own category, you have to search thru different variants of uniforms to access it.

Hope it helps.
    Anyway, this tailor bug was a real downer for this expansion. The space barbie (well... ground) thing was one of the thing I looked forward for my AoY toon, as in getting all my away team in full reputation costumes. Wich turned out to be such a pain :/ On top of that, the fact that on the Starfleet 0718 Model Android Officer you cant put a full costume. Like wtf, it says his uniform can be customized, but they omitted to tell ppl that you cant put a helmet on. This is missleading, since uniforms can have head pieces aswell. His head creeps me out and when trying to put a bucket, a helmet, anything..., it seems you cant :( Thats just TRIBBLE up man and totaly sux. I'll have to delete it.
  • Options
    mosul33 wrote: »
    **UPDATE**
    Was in your shoes. There is a workaround. You have to recycle them and get them back from your replicator menu in the inventory. But be very careful. IF upon deletion, it doesnt give you a msg something like: "You can rebuy your items..." dont do it and switch map until you do get that message. But dont switch maps if you deleted them. You wil lose them for good that way. When you get them back from your recycler you should get the accolade. I got it and unlocked the costume.
    I'm having similar problems with Terran Task Force armor not showing up when I go to the tailor. I got the Mark XIII Ultra rare version.
    Same here as the above. I missed 2 items in the accolade but had them. Deleted them but only got back the weapon, not the armor :( Noticed that upon deleting the armor I actually didnt got a message "You can get back your item..." or something like that. So had to farm the 500 marks and other stuff again for it. But I got the costume unlock in the end. Ohh and since this costume doesnt have its own category, you have to search thru different variants of uniforms to access it.

Hope it helps.
    Anyway, this tailor bug was a real downer for this expansion. The space barbie (well... ground) thing was one of the thing I looked forward for my AoY toon, as in getting all my away team in full reputation costumes. Wich turned out to be such a pain :/ On top of that, the fact that on the Starfleet 0718 Model Android Officer you cant put a full costume. Like wtf, it says his uniform can be customized, but they omitted to tell ppl that you cant put a helmet on. This is missleading, since uniforms can have head pieces aswell. His head creeps me out and when trying to put a bucket, a helmet, anything..., it seems you cant :( Thats just **** up man and totaly sux. I'll have to delete it.

Okay really?! Support couldn't once give me that as an option to try? It worked though. I sold off the gun and shield and bought them back via replicator and sure enough got the accolade and costume unlock. This whole issue regarding the accolades and armors revolving around the "rep upgrade" for AoY... I'm willing to bet someone reported the issue during testing but they just never got around to fixing it
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    mosul33 wrote: »
    **UPDATE**

Hope it helps.
    Anyway, this tailor bug was a real downer for this expansion. The space barbie (well... ground) thing was one of the thing I looked forward for my AoY toon, as in getting all my away team in full reputation costumes. Wich turned out to be such a pain :/ On top of that, the fact that on the Starfleet 0718 Model Android Officer you cant put a full costume. Like wtf, it says his uniform can be customized, but they omitted to tell ppl that you cant put a helmet on. This is missleading, since uniforms can have head pieces aswell. His head creeps me out and when trying to put a bucket, a helmet, anything..., it seems you cant :( Thats just **** up man and totaly sux. I'll have to delete it.

Okay really?! Support couldn't once give me that as an option to try? It worked though. I sold off the gun and shield and bought them back via replicator and sure enough got the accolade and costume unlock. This whole issue regarding the accolades and armors revolving around the "rep upgrade" for AoY... I'm willing to bet someone reported the issue during testing but they just never got around to fixing it

Well... suport is run by PWE so they probably had no idea, since they have to handle other PWE games too. Some ppl there probably dont even play STO...
    This workaround I found it on reddit site. Its kinda sad that the devs dont think that the official forum users are not worthy of their attention. And yes, you are correct. Aparently, that bug was reported before AoY went live, and wasnt fix even after 1 and a half/2 months, when ppl on live server completed the related reputation account unlocks. Unfortunatly but as expected, given that is a visual related bug, it had low priority.
  • Options
    visual and accolade
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Does the temporal equipment unlock properly at mk xiii? You mentioned there's also a bug with it.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Does the temporal equipment unlock properly at mk xiii? You mentioned there's also a bug with it.​​

I am not sure, I actually had that before the rep upgrade. If it doesn't try Mosul's trick. Discard what doesn't show under the accolade and buy back, that actually worked for my issue

• Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    First, noting I can't fix the issue or specifically help, still decided to leave my related notes here.
    Second, I want to say I DO acknowledge there is a bug which needs a fix/solution, even if, as it seems, I myself am not affected.

To the point. My AoY char did the tailor unlock after having the reward of having XIII UR reputation projects beside kits. I don't remember the details but do remember getting at least 2 accolades in that regard, one of those after I've got the MISSION'S kit frame (from surface tension?) and having all 4/4 pieces. (kit frame XII VR, IIRC, and reputation pieces XIII UR).

I don't remember if I had the kit frame gained after having the other three pieces, (having 2 accolades hints that I've got the kit frame after the thee UR XIII pieces were made and gained though) and as well no check if I had the unlock before I had the kit frame/fourth piece of the (full) set. I don't remember if having to have a further unlock project as well. But I do remember, according to the situation described above, I had no issue.

Other general thing I've never tested, don't know the details and yet which may help others POSSIBLY: There is some way to re-register set items in DS9. I'd think it would be better to try it first, if you know where and how, before dangerously recycling.
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I found the Terran Taskforce Armor on the tailor, finally. It's not setup like the MACO/Counter-Command/Voth/Temporal/Iconian. That was the problem. It's setup with the regular uniforms.

Some players allegedly have a bug with Undine outfit (I don't have this bug on the char with the set), even after they checked what you checked (I asked in channel at that time, IIRC). For some of them having the kit from surface tension and 4/4 of the set that way, solved it, and yet it seems for others it allegedly didn't.

However, in any case, in my opinion it's good/useful that you pointed out that in case some people just don't find some outfit; Such (strange/non consistent/different/mixed/unexpected category or specific/unusual/partially "exclusive" to type of uniform's location etc) happens on various other outfits too. Also I've noticed like others that, regardless of this specific Undine set, many times helms require a full (or 3/3 in non Undine) set even if an unlock note appears on a single part.