test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So is the R&D Promo Connie really the bridge to T7 ships?

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (as I'm not a ship collector), but a T6 non-fleet ship with 11 consoles and a Commander BO with 3 Lt Commander BO's layout? "Light Cruiser" with a 5/3 weapons layout? Logic would say a full on Cruiser would be 5/4 and a Dreadnought would be 5/5 then. Just wondering.....as right now only my fleet T6 ships have an 11 console layout. 50th anniversary = TADA T7 ships!

Comments

• Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Seriously doubt they will roll out T7 anytime soon. The rage would increase by an order of magnitude the likes of which have never been seen.

Especially considering the amount of money players probably spent on the Infinity & KT Lockbox items, and now the R&D Packs.

Milk the cow too much... the cow dries up.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (as I'm not a ship collector), but a T6 non-fleet ship with 11 consoles and a Commander BO with 3 Lt Commander BO's layout? "Light Cruiser" with a 5/3 weapons layout? Logic would say a full on Cruiser would be 5/4 and a Dreadnought would be 5/5 then. Just wondering.....as right now only my fleet T6 ships have an 11 console layout. 50th anniversary = TADA T7 ships!

11 consoles are just T6 lockbox standard. These aren't a precursor to T7. These are just the state of T6 lockbox ships.

Case in point, the Chronos Dreadnought has 11 consoles. The Pilot Warbirds have 11 consoles. The new flagships have 11 consoles. The Kelvin ships have 11 consoles.

The seating is different with the BOFFs, but that's also a lockbox thing. My Nicor came with odd seating that was in a similar theme.

These are just the current cutting edge of the game, which is what reward ships like this are designed to be. Premium ships and all that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    No.

It is fleet level out of the box but so are some C-Store ships and all other T6 lock box, lobi, pack ships and event ships.

For all of those ships there is no separate fleet version. There is no T6-plus.

Nothing new here, nothing to see here, move along.
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    Can't wait for the 15 console T9 Fleet Whale Probe with Pilot seating.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited August 2016
    No. There are no T7 plans.
    I believe the reason it has 3 Lt Commander is because there are only 4 BOff slots instead of 5. So a Lt got bumped up to Lt Cmdr to compensate for the missing seat.

And for the weapons layout... you're wrong. Typical endgame cruisers are 4/4, with battlecruisers going so far as to be 5/3. NOTHING has 9 or 10 weapons slots. The max is 8, and has been for years in terms of endgame ships. It is just the layout of said weapons that differs. While I do find the TOS Connie's weapons loadout odd with the 5/3 instead of the typical 4/4 for a cruiser... there is no connection with her being anything other than a T6 ship.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    I highly doubt T7 will "ever" happen on account of cryptic creating the specialization system which lets them expand the ship lineup(and power creep) laterally.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    austinfan4lifeaustinfan4life Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Didn't it take almost 5 years, before got T6 ships? I'm not holding my breathe on a T7 anytime soon.
  • Options
    kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
    11 consoles is lock box and prom ships... as well as fleet level T6... Given you cant get fleet level promo ships it makes sense that they are already fleet level stats and consoles.
  • Options
    Didn't it take almost 5 years, before got T6 ships? I'm not holding my breathe on a T7 anytime soon.

Also I believe Cryptic has said that there are no plans to raise the level cap, so T7 wouldn't happen anyways. The Spec system allows for lateral growth instead of vertical. Also means they can make more ships without raising the level cap.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    At the moment, I too don't really see a T7 in the works; that's not to say that it is not part of any unspoken future plans. A T7 ship would most likely signal that the game is coming towards an end. At some point, Cryptic may begin considering creating a new version of the game (possibly STO 2.0) as the thought had occurred when they were planning the AoY Event. According to Gecko, they opted for another faction instead of creating another game to avoid any possible competition between the two. My bet is that once PS4 and XBox player numbers have stabilized and other T6 ships have been made, there will be a serious look into either moving STO to STO 2.0 or ending the game. If there is enough money generated, STO 2.0 may be the next step instead of T7.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options

rattler2 wrote: »

Also I believe Cryptic has said that there are no plans to raise the level cap, so T7 wouldn't happen anyways.

Didn't they also say there wouldn't be a T6 Constitution a few times?

• Options

Also I believe Cryptic has said that there are no plans to raise the level cap, so T7 wouldn't happen anyways.

According to the latest Forum scuttlebut, it was Paramount that said no. ;)

In all seriousness, Cryptic always relayed the message from the feedback, so Cryptic themselves never said no. Some folks who deal with the forums here got tired of the conversation coming up as often as it did, but that's a whole other kettle of fish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User

No plans [ now ] means "not in the near future", not "it won't happen before the heat death of the universe" :)

• Options
    crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    SO IS THE R&D PROMO CONNIE REALLY THE BRIDGE TO T7 SHIPS?

No.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    that answered, case closed
  • Options

In all seriousness, Cryptic always relayed the message from the feedback, so Cryptic themselves never said no. Some folks who deal with the forums here got tired of the conversation coming up as often as it did, but that's a whole other kettle of fish.

I don't think you're following the argument properly. Cryptic represents its own product to us, even if they choose to blame other vendors, there is now a definite history of reversals. There's a disconnect between what's officially said and what's implemented now, enough of one that really nothing can be predicted with certainty as something that won't ever be implemented.
  • Options
    ezicstar#2795 ezicstar Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    velqua wrote: »
    At the moment, I too don't really see a T7 in the works; that's not to say that it is not part of any unspoken future plans. A T7 ship would most likely signal that the game is coming towards an end. At some point, Cryptic may begin considering creating a new version of the game (possibly STO 2.0) as the thought had occurred when they were planning the AoY Event. According to Gecko, they opted for another faction instead of creating another game to avoid any possible competition between the two. My bet is that once PS4 and XBox player numbers have stabilized and other T6 ships have been made, there will be a serious look into either moving STO to STO 2.0 or ending the game. If there is enough money generated, STO 2.0 may be the next step instead of T7.

What exactly do you mean by "creating another version of the game"? Make a sequel to STO? Most MMOs don't fully shut down until years after their sequels come out, and they'll have to do something to make money while it's in development.

• Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    T7 or not. I doubt I will buy more ships after the Geneva. Even with my T5s, I can wear out the NPCs. Which is the bulk of the ships I use. My only ship closest to T6 I currently use. Is a T5U Galaxy Dread. Until I get my AOY geared up. I basically have all the ships I need after my AOY ship purchase.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

Also I believe Cryptic has said that there are no plans to raise the level cap, so T7 wouldn't happen anyways. The Spec system allows for lateral growth instead of vertical. Also means they can make more ships without raising the level cap.

There is not a lot of lateral growth involved in any of STO's systems. 1 Primary specialization and 1 Secondary specialization for the Spec System. There is some growth with purchasing slots in the Fleet Holdings for more Reputation passives, Traits, and Starship Traits, but it is still limited to 1 slot each with the possibility of 1 or 2 more in the future. New Reputations and new specializations give more choice rather than lateral growth. The most we can get with the Spec system for additional lateral growth is a tertiary specialization where we can only use the 1st Tier of passives.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

I don't think you're following the argument properly. Cryptic represents its own product to us, even if they choose to blame other vendors, there is now a definite history of reversals. There's a disconnect between what's officially said and what's implemented now, enough of one that really nothing can be predicted with certainty as something that won't ever be implemented.

They have said in the past that there will be no Endgame Connie because at the time CBS (The people who hold the license) said no. If they were able to, they would have instantly. We all know that it was one of the most requested things in the game. The only variable we have now is that we're coming up on Star Trek's 50th Anniversary.
    I think that its still a firm No on a widely available C-Store Endgame Connie. A Promo event like this, however, is another story.

Endgame Connie doesn't = T7 coming just on the fact we have one.
  • Options

No.

Well now Cryptic has OFFICIALLY said no!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

No.

Well now Cryptic has OFFICIALLY said no!

Haven't you heard? Apparently official word means nothing because they used to say no Endgame Connie, yet we now have one as a Promo.

Sarcasm asside, I agree. We've had a Dev come in and confirm there are no plans for T7.
    /Thread
  • Options
    I don't think you're following the argument properly.

Nah, I'm not only following it properly I'm representing it properly too.

This is the discussion at its most basic:

Players: Dear Cryptic, we'd like a T5 (and later T6) Constitution Class ship to fly.
    Cryptic: We asked CBS. They said we can't at this time. But never say never.
    Players: Dear Cryptic ...

And so on and so forth.

What I'm also adding is the context that the forums themselves created the idea that Cryptic said no. Because there were people on the forums that didn't want the topic discussed. And there were people managing the forums that had to deal with the entrenched warfare that the discussion became.

That's the other kettle of fish.

But at its most basic form ... The players offered the feedback by asking. Cryptic would ask for the greenlight. And now they finally got it. Because it was never a final answer of no, this will never happen.

Even if in that other kettle something fishy smelling always wanted to make it SEEM like the answer was final.

There was no flip flopping here. It was a simple timeline of players continually asking for the ship and finally, it got the OK.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    snoggy's right. I've been around the forums long enough to see this in action.

If Cryptic had been allowed by the Powers That Be to make an Endgame Connie, they would have in a heartbeat. They KNOW it would have made them a lot of money, and that it was one of the most requested ships for the game. There would be no logic in denying players that if they were allowed to make one.

The pattern, as snoggy said, was players request, Cryptic answers honestly, players continue to request because players don't believe "evil" Cryptic when it isn't even in Cryptic's hands in the first place.
    We always got tin foil hat threads on how to get Endgame "Not" Connies and why we're being denied an Endgame Connie when just about every other lower tier ship has an endgame counterpart.
    BTW... I have seen many attempts at the Endgame "Not" Connie argument over the years. It was always the same suggestion. "Lock out the Connie parts". Doesn't work as under the hood, it was a Connie. Doesn't matter if it was the Excalibur or Exeter. Under the hood it was a Cruiser, and the Cruiser is represted by the Connie and thus... it was a Connie. It would be no different than taking a Mustang and building something else around it. Deep down it is still a Mustang.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    "Mom, can I play at Timmy's house?"

"Not right now. I'll think about it, ok?"

"Mom, can I play at Timmy's house now?"

"The answer is still no, but maybe later."

"Mom, can I play at Timmy's house this time?"

"Alright, now you can."

"Mom, you are such a liar. You told me the past three billion times I couldn't play at Timmy's house, are you planning on giving me up for adoption or something? I can't trust anything you say now."​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    This 5/3 is a LIGHT Crusier. We have had a ship with three Lt. Commander Boff slots - the Na'kuhl Taadari Raider.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    At this point, almost anything is possible and negotiable if there is enough money behind it.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    Roll out tier 7 and I think it will be time for me to call it a day.
    Game doesn't need tier 7. The Content isn't there at present as you can still easily steam roll the majority of it in tier 5 and below. And we all know how Cryptic generally handle increases in PvE difficulty, I don't think the game would survive another Delta Rising type increase to NPC Health.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    T7 is a fantasy right now. There's no need for T7 because of the following reasons.

1. Another tier coincides with a level cap increase. Presumably this would be level 70. However, characters don't get ANYTHING but spec points for levels 51-60. So what would another level cap increase give us? We already have spec trees to give us infinite grinding as long as new spec trees are released. Something besides spec trees would need to be added. Also consider that our characters are already fleet admirals. There is no higher rank.

2. Considering that new spec trees can always be released, new ships can always be released in theory without ever having a new tier and level cap increase. The options are endless. They can even re-release old ships with new specs. Imagine the following ships slowly released over time.

T6 Sovereign - Command
    T6 Nebula - Command
    T6 Phantom - New with Pilot Spec
    T6 Galaxy - Hypothetical Strategic Spec Expansion
    T6 Excelsior - Intel Spec
    T6 Defiant - Intel Spec
    T6 Galaxy-X - Intel Spec
    T6 Intrepid - Temporal Spec
    T6 Sovereign - Intel (they could literally re-release the same ship with different specs dozens of times)

I could actually go on forever. I do have to admit that it isn't "impossible" to have T7 ships. But it's really unnecessary IMO since new spec trees allow for infinite diversity. And these hypothetical new spec ships come without the rage of a level cap increase causing purchased ships to no longer be "max level."
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.