test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Just a Card for doing MU? C'mon no more juicy prices?

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    What would be nicer is being able to slot up any of the previous rewards from the Mirror Invasion and Crystalline Entity events.
  • Options
    jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    don't know if I'll be able to do this MU Event as I am going away on holiday for a week and may miss out a week's worth of grind :-(
  • Options
    sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Well, according to the card, it IS a science vessel card... with the highest skill being ENG... and the ship being a dreadnought... How can you even fail at making a simple card consistent?

Is there an official image of the card? If it's on the announcement, I missed it.

As for the design of the card, try to keep an open mind. It's not the first cruiser to have a stat higher than ENG (my Avenger has slightly higher TAC than ENG, and I assume the same to be true at least of the Mogh and the fleet variants of those ships), and it's not the first dreadnaught to be a SCI ship (the Krenim Science Dreadnaught is also a SCI ship). Because various abilities 'check' the type (ENG, TAC, or SCI) of other ships on the assignment, this uneven-looking design may actually fill an interesting design niche. It would almost have to to warrant being a Mirror Event prize.
  • Options
    talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    It's a T6 admiralty card, so a savings of 3k to 3500 zen as you don't have to buy a ship to get an equivalent card. No doff in the game is worth that.

Would you buy a T6 ship just for the card? I wouldn't, and I don't know anyone else who would either. Pretty much anyone endgame can make a few mil a day between admiralty, doffs, and selling loot. Enough to buy a mirror ship pack if they need admiralty cards that badly. Doffs also have active roster powers which admiralty cards do not. Some doffs are used for crafting, admiralty cards are not. It's true that the admiralty assignments usually have better rewards than doff assignments, but there are many things admiralty doesn't do that doffs do.
  • Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    I never do this...I am completely skipping this one.
    I hate this event but would do it for good rewards. These are not good rewards.
    50k dilithium is worth less than 125 zen ($1.25) and it will take appr 2.5 hrs total per character. My time is worth more than 50 cents an hour, and that Admiralty card isn't really all that great.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Nowadays, I would have to say that the Admiralty cards are very valuable even if you have a large collection of ships. The more non-x1 ships you have, the better since it does take time to get more x1 ships, unless you do Future Proof mission that gives them out as a reward.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    nccmark wrote: »
    These are not good rewards. 50k dilithium is worth less than 125 zen ($1.25) and it will take appr 2.5 hrs total per character. My time is worth more than 50 cents an hour, and that Admiralty card isn't really all that great.

While I agree with the sentiment, remember that this is a game meant to be played for fun; from an economic standpoint, you're gaining the value of the enjoyment you have while playing. It might be quite low for this particular event (that timegate has gotta go), but it is at least theoretically higher than the Zen value of the dilithium rewarded.

Honestly, I enjoy Mirror Invasion enough to run it once a day or so for a couple of weeks. It's five times a day for fourteen days (to get the rewards on all toons) that leads to it overstaying its welcome with me.
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    50k for DIL rewards is just a tiny drop in the bucket...How about 500K instead? Cryptic has forgotten there is an inflation rate and offering the same crappy reward amount event after event. Don't they notice the DIL market is broken and this amount is nothing these days?​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    50k for DIL rewards is just a tiny drop in the bucket...How about 500K instead? Cryptic has forgotten there is an inflation rate and offering the same crappy reward amount event after event. Don't they notice the DIL market is broken and this amount is nothing these days?​​

There are people that run this on multiple characters. 500k would be an extremely bad idea.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    am I the only one wondering 'WHY THE MU EVENT AGAIN?!'
    regardless of reward.. I cant even find a little desire to do this for that card
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    storules wrote: »
    With the dilithium crash being 500:1 or close to it and now with the main prize of doing MU for just a measly admiralty card whats the incentive?

Dilithium...NOT really. Even if you have alternates it is NOT worth it as it used to be.

Admiralty Card...got many of those and why bust the grind for more.

In the past we used to have nice consoles, cool weapons, pets or free ships. Could you please hit the re-set button?. Dont get me wrong..I'm thankful but this could be planned better with other juicy stuff. Heck I rather do it for a tribble that would give me free temporal marks at the hr. What a waste of a grind?fish-2.gif​​

dilithium is always useful regaredless of the exchange rate, swapping dilithium for zen is but one of many things you can use it for in game, how about helping out your fleet or one of the fleets in your armada to fill projects, maybe buying some reputation weapons or perhaps something off the dilithium store or of course you could always use more dilithium for upgrading weapons, thinking the only use for dilithium is to exchange for zen is very blinkered of you.

we never ever got ships in these mini events like breach, crystalline or indeed the mirror event, the closest we ever got to getting a ship was when they gave away the phoenix pet as a reward, they only give away real ships for seasonal events like the summer or winter event.
    sure a lot of us have plenty of admiralty cards but don't forget there are a lot of newer players who might not have that many so I find your attitude towards this reward to be very self centered.

simple answer if you don't want the prize don't take part, nobody is forcing you and I am sure your presence will not be missed.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    kelador wrote: »
    azrael605 wrote: »
    It's a T6 admiralty card, so a savings of 3k to 3500 zen as you don't have to buy a ship to get an equivalent card. No doff in the game is worth that.

Who buys a ship for an Admiralty card lol the cards are just bi-products of getting a new ship so in my opinion have zero value.
    I do but not with real money, I save that for the good stuff which I haven't seen in this game in some time other than some try of box. I don't play box games, its a waste of my time and zen. When will they learn?
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    An admiralty card is good for the F2P players. I'm stacked with admiralty cards so I don't need any more. But prizes for F2Pers are good since some of them end up spending real money anyway.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    This is a horribly uninformed suggestion.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    I'm not exactly a new player, I played for about two months when the game first went F2P then quit because my internet didn't like Cryptics servers. But I started playing again a month or so ago after changing ISP (and it's still bad, lost of rubber banding and DCs, though playable)

Anyway, this is rather underwhelming. I can't seem to find any use for dilithium in the game (other than trading for zen), everything you can buy with it either isn't worth the price or gated behind reputation that I'm not going to spend months grinding

And a card? Not even a ship? Whee.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Then don't do it.

But the entire system is designed to make you regret not doing it later. And it's very good at it :wink:.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    People were hoping for a re-done Mine Trap for an Event around the 50th. So maybe I don't remember correctly and 'The Man Trap' was not the first episode that aired on September 8, 1966 but it was really 'Mirror, Mirror'. :)

Maybe that was the first episode in the Mirror Universe.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    I do know the shooting order, thanks. Actually, after the two you mentioned, 'The Corbomite Maneuver', 'Mudd's Women', and 'The Enemy Within' preceded ' The Man Trap' in that order of filming.

I have all the First Season Scripts purchased from Lincoln Enterprises in 1969. Also four Episodes of the Second Season (the ones not repeated during the NBC run) as I started Tape Recording (Reel to Reel) all Episodes starting with 'The Omega Glory'. With the 'Mudd's Women' script, you can see how Roger C. Carmel went and ad-libbed a lot of his lines (to the better) comparing it to the shown Episode.

When WPIX (NYC Ind Station) picked up the Syndication, I taped the First Season and the other four Second Season missed as well. But in Syndication you can tell minutes were chopped out of the Episodes.

Interesting (or not) fact. On the first run of the Series last Episode 'Turnabout Intruder', we lost about 10 or so minutes of the Episode because they kept breaking in with updates on the New Jersey Presidential Primary.

At the time I listened to those tapes many times, with 'The Ultimate Computer' leading the pack. I finally got rid of those reels in the late 90s as I had nothing to play them on anyway (and I doubt you could listen to them as they had oxidized).

I never got to play Mine Trap before it was removed, though it seemed more fitting for the occasion.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    sirmayday wrote: »
    nccmark wrote: »
    These are not good rewards. 50k dilithium is worth less than 125 zen ($1.25) and it will take appr 2.5 hrs total per character. My time is worth more than 50 cents an hour, and that Admiralty card isn't really all that great.

While I agree with the sentiment, remember that this is a game meant to be played for fun.

...Feel free to remind Cryptic of that :p

• Options
    therealmaddmatttherealmaddmatt Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    I did one of the Admiralty campaigns, but it just impressed upon me that I singed up to play an MMO, not a CCG.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I'd like to think the, what many consider, lacklustre reward is due to something better coming on the anniversary date.

As I said - that's what I would like to think.....

Would net be the first time. Last Breach event gave out one epic card "hard" to acquire. First contact day gave away 2 epic cards for just logging on. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I knew once they introduced this system, that these cards would start to end up as event rewards. It doesn't interest me at all. And 50k dill? meh. I have too many mining claims to count at the moment. 50k is easily done in claims by half my alts in one hour. I usually do the events for the toys.
  • Options
    thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I would have created a crystallising antiproton beam and made a "Crystalline Warfare" set, with retroactive upgrades of the console and torpedo. I'd do it something like this:
    Omni Directional Crystallising Energy Beam - deals antiproton damage with a 10% chance to crystallise parts of the hull on impact, debuffing one subsystem for 10 seconds.

Set bonuses:

2 set bonus: Crystalline synergy - 10% bonus to antiproton weaponry
    3 set bonus: Crystalline Devastation - Upon expiration of the omnidirectional crystallising array's crystallising effect, crystals explode dealing additional kinetic damage.

IMHO it would be a great way of rewarding people who have stuck at doing the same run, 3 times over. And there is precedent in tying set bonuses to events. The Winter Event ships have consoles with these kind of benefits and if you miss your shot, that's it.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    I thought the Admirality Card sucked as a sole reward outside of the usual Marks, DL, and such. I have had about as much interest in the Admirality System as I have had in the DOff system, which accounts for pretty much nil. :P An event where we could complete it and have the choice of one of the previous rewards would be very nice and appreciated! I have some characters that still need the shotgun, because it's a shotgun, and a few other things I just couldn't have been bothered with at the time they were available.

For a reward for the next MU event, if it isn't a rewards of the past choice, would be more Mirror Universe themed items, gear, outfits, or even a unreleased T5 ship where the skin could be used on T5 and T6 equivalent ships. If PWE really wants to go the rehash way, then I am all them for offering up the T6 MU Guardian from the charity promo last year. I know a lot of people that still would like that ship! The MU Guardian isn't upgradeable to T6F but perhaps that could be changed in order to give everyone a reason to come on out and grind away for it.
  • Options
    thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    D'oh I just realised you are talking about the mirror event. Well... I hope they take notice of my idea for Crystalline Cataclysm. :)
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    I can use the Admiralty card on my AOY toon right now, as I'm still working for the Admiralty system rewards. I'll run this on him at least, maybe one more. But I don't have time to run all 11 of my toons.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk