test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Connie LOVE it or DON'T care for it?

Comments

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    I don't really care for it. If Cryptic is being good about giving people what they want. The KDF and Romulans have been asking for some development the last few years. *looks around* Nope, no development on either side. Just the occasional, "Meh, we thought we'd be nice and include a new ship for you this time."
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    The ships are nice and have cool stats but in order for me to pull the resources to get a promo ship it would have to be a blast. And sorry, for me, neither of them is.

My AoY char already sits on the Kelvin Con. The boff layout on the TOS Con looks a bit better but nothing I would break into sweat over. I also could not make any use of the 5/3 layout on the build I have made so far.

The KDF ship is a real jewel with the intel seat. Still giving it to my kdf would mean giving up my recluse so another 0 chance there.

The Romulan ship feels weakest. With a tarantula and scimitar on my Romulan chars I would not use it either.

Don’t get me wrong, everybody who “wants” to have them will get decent ships. The rest however won’t miss much.

Cryptic tried hard and they will succeed for lovers. For the rest however they need to try harder cuz I'm afraid im not in love here.
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I love a T6 connie getting put in along with the D7 and Tliss, but the way it was done was an utter spit in the face. To those who are going to jump to defend cryptic as a business making money, by all means they should make money and its all fine that they do. I have more then done my share of supporting this game since before it launched so sit down and just listen to me for a sec.

They could have released these ships in the cstore and made the same amount of money. Don't be fooled into thinking lockboxes make them more money in the long run, they don't. What lockboxes do is create large pools of resources for them sort term. Selling thousands of ships at $30 each equals selling hundreds at $100. Especially since if a ship remains in the cstore it continues to sell generating more money over time. Thats just cold hard math.

Here is my big issue, these ships requested since before the game launched as T5 now T6 ships were put behind a large paywall. Yes you can buy them from someone else for tons of EC if you have them, but someone spent zen and very very little zen is free so odds are that ship cost someone a ton o money on AVERAGE. Yes you can open 1 pack and get the ship but on average the cost is HEAVY.

To some people $100-1,000 is nothing but to the average person $15-30 a month is a good amount. Taking these beloved faction ships and doing this release was despicable. Requested for years for the cstore, gets R&D instead. R&D ships cant be claimed from infinity lockbox ship reward thus the price on these will really never be in a normal players reach. They are Faction ships that were said to NEVER be put in lockboxes these are NOT like the KT line of ships they are straight up TOS ships. The cost of R&D packs are more then keys, and you have less % chance to get a ship out of them. No other enterprise ship is in a lotto.

I could keep going but I think you get the point. Because of all this I've chosen to stop supporting STO with my wallet, and to that end to insure I stick to my word and dont impulse by anything I uninstalled STO. Ive played since beta, LTS before game launched, own almost all Cstore ships/costumes etc. And yes I have lockbox ships that I bought with EC, but this go around I just cant support this choice.

I'am not quitting this isnt an I quit post. I just removed my temptation to stay true to my word. I still love the game, but like I said the choice cryptic made just sickened me. I'am not a TOS fan, cant say I have even seen 1/2 the episodes. I fully supported a T6 connie because players who DO love the TOS deserved their ship the same way I wanted my TNG Galaxy class. Why should all the other prime enterprise be cstore but the original be fork over 3-4x as much on average?

This is my opinion, and my choice. If nothing else I hope cryptic listens to it, but odds are not. For those of you who are ok with their choice enjoy your ship, and I honestly mean it, it looks fun i bare you no ill will on your feelings.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    jtoney3448 wrote: »
    I love a T6 connie getting put in along with the D7 and Tliss, but the way it was done was an utter spit in the face. To those who are going to jump to defend cryptic as a business making money, by all means they should make money and its all fine that they do. I have more then done my share of supporting this game since before it launched so sit down and just listen to me for a sec.

They could have released these ships in the cstore and made the same amount of money. Don't be fooled into thinking lockboxes make them more money in the long run, they don't. What lockboxes do is create large pools of resources for them sort term. Selling thousands of ships at $30 each equals selling hundreds at $100. Especially since if a ship remains in the cstore it continues to sell generating more money over time. Thats just cold hard math.

Here is my big issue, these ships requested since before the game launched as T5 now T6 ships were put behind a large paywall. Yes you can buy them from someone else for tons of EC if you have them, but someone spent zen and very very little zen is free so odds are that ship cost someone a ton o money on AVERAGE. Yes you can open 1 pack and get the ship but on average the cost is HEAVY.

To some people $100-1,000 is nothing but to the average person $15-30 a month is a good amount. Taking these beloved faction ships and doing this release was despicable. Requested for years for the cstore, gets R&D instead. R&D ships cant be claimed from infinity lockbox ship reward thus the price on these will really never be in a normal players reach. They are Faction ships that were said to NEVER be put in lockboxes these are NOT like the KT line of ships they are straight up TOS ships. The cost of R&D packs are more then keys, and you have less % chance to get a ship out of them. No other enterprise ship is in a lotto.

I could keep going but I think you get the point. Because of all this I've chosen to stop supporting STO with my wallet, and to that end to insure I stick to my word and dont impulse by anything I uninstalled STO. Ive played since beta, LTS before game launched, own almost all Cstore ships/costumes etc. And yes I have lockbox ships that I bought with EC, but this go around I just cant support this choice.

I'am not quitting this isnt an I quit post. I just removed my temptation to stay true to my word. I still love the game, but like I said the choice cryptic made just sickened me. I'am not a TOS fan, cant say I have even seen 1/2 the episodes. I fully supported a T6 connie because players who DO love the TOS deserved their ship the same way I wanted my TNG Galaxy class. Why should all the other prime enterprise be cstore but the original be fork over 3-4x as much on average?

This is my opinion, and my choice. If nothing else I hope cryptic listens to it, but odds are not. For those of you who are ok with their choice enjoy your ship, and I honestly mean it, it looks fun i bare you no ill will on your feelings.

Your right on point. As another said, they created a rat race for it. To me it should been an in game event, a special purchase on the C store for that week, or IF you completed all objectives on your AOY. Something like that, but we get this. I have enough for 1 pack. And the odds isn't good. Or I can just forget it. And keep saving for my Geneva I been wanting for a long while. To me the Geneva is a better deal despite my love for the TOS Connie/Refit versions. Since I'm 100% on the odds of getting the Geneva. This is where I'm at. The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking I will pass. And just go after the Geneva.

I'm glad they got those ships in the game finally. But its not in a good way at all. The 50th for Trek on the game was going good, now it went sour and fast.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    The Romulan ship feels weakest. With a tarantula and scimitar on my Romulan chars I would not use it either.

For Romulans, these are terrible. It's one less SRO.

With limited access to SRO boffs, these might be a better option for the other factions.

I agree.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Its a great ship. Good layout and nostalgia factor, despite the weird logic of it being as powerful as modern ships.

If it was a C Store item, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but not gonna happen this way. I'm not that much of a sucker. It really is a dbag move to put this ship everyone's been clammoring for in the least accessible, most expensive way possible. Good business? Sure. So are blood diamonds. That's not the point. It's an insult.

But there are plenty of other ships to fly. So no big deal. I can do without it.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

For Romulans, these are terrible. It's one less SRO.

With limited access to SRO boffs, these might be a better option for the other factions.
    Wow, people are really ridicilously obsessed over this SRO thing.

As if it would actually matter for anyone but the people that need to get into the top 100 of the DPS charts.

If you don't know what you're doing, another SRO slot does nothing for you. If you do, you can boost the ship's effectiveness so high that you certainly won't miss another SRO slot. Comparably, a 4th Lt.Cmdr power in your build can totally alter your options, because suddenly you can basically slot every type of power of power available to that class, be it one that starts at ensign, at lieutenant or at lt.cmdr. That could open up completely new gameplay options. Not neccessarily uber, but something that no other ship can can pull off.
    Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Commander Tactical/Temporal Operative, 1 Lieutenant Commander Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Commander Science, 1 Lieutenant Commander Universal/Pilot
    Some random examples:
    • BFAW III + APO/APB III + DEM II + Gravity Well I + Torpedo Spread III
    • BFAW III + APO/APB III + DEM II + Gravity Well I + Form Up I
    • BFAW III + APO/APB III + Structural Integrity Collapse III + Gravity Well I + Form Up I
    • Timeline Collapse I + Resursive Shearing III + Structural Integrity Collapse III + Gravity Well I + Torpedo Spread III
    (The latter might be completely unexpected, but this is an Enhanced Battle Cloak ship...)

Who cares about some BOFF trait if you have completely novel build options that no other ship can replicate so far?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I don't really like the way it's being released but I accept they gotta make money, and luckily for them there's plenty of people who are easily parted from their cash.

Also I'm not really a fan of having old, ageing ships as top tier end game ships as it feels a bit odd, but I'm not going to demand they don't do it as a lot of people have begging for this one forever.

What makes me loose interest though is that for all the hype and expense in getting the ship, all you're really getting is a T1 ship skin with some better stats. All three done is change a few numbers on the stats and charge you hundreds of dollars for that. Not even a new model or skin or bridge. It's just sticking a massive price tag on a few extra numbers.
    I know that all the ships are just code at the end of the day but at least most c-store releases and lockbox ships are a new skin, bridge etc as well as some new stats.
    Looking at the stats, is it really with the huge expense when similar or better performance and customisation could come from a far cheaper alternative.
    SulMatuul.png
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Wow, people are really ridicilously obsessed over this SRO thing.

As if it would actually matter for anyone but the people that need to get into the top 100 of the DPS charts.

Yeah. It's the way of the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Some of us will make some needed money for those who want to buy packs off the exchange...I dont care much about this ship in particular but will be making a ton of EC.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Not really fussed about the T6 Connie, got enough ships as it is
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 189 Arc User
      edited August 2016

You do realize that you being a LTS since beta means you averaged about 4 bucks a month in support for this game...right? This assumes you did not buy more zen of course. Even if you did, how much did you buy? If you spent 600 bucks in those 6 years in extra zen, you averaged ~12 bucks a month...or below your "fair share" to keep the game afloat. Remember that this game could not be supported with EVERYONE paying the sub fees. You spent 1 grand on top of that LTS? Well...now you may have paid for YOUR share...but not the other massive number of players paying less. You know what you can get from the c-store with $1000? Quite a lot of ships. You know what $1000 bucks gets you in promo ships? An almost 100% chance to get one. I said ALMOST. The idea that they can make more off the c-store vs these promos and lockbox is laughable. You say that there are thousands who buy c-store ships. You get a so and so opened a lockbox ship pop up every 2 min. That is 720 ships per day. Let's assume there are slow times and cut that in half. That is 360 PER DAY. In a WEEK you have thousands sold. I'd be surprised if they sold 360 c-store ships in an entire week outside of the week of a new release or during the ship sale. During those weeks, maybe we see a couple thousand...we see that in lockboxes EVERY week. Why? Because they are not account unlocks. Because people like to gamble because they are too stupid to know how probability works. I don't know...nor do I care. What I do know is that those people are paying for my share of the game...and I am glad they do these things so I can continue to play with my piddly contribution to the game. This game can not survive of c-store ships...not unless they make those suckers character unlock AND make it so if you blow up, you need a new one...ala eve. So unless that is the sort of game you want, shut up about things you do not know and enjoy this game that is practically free if you are smart about it.

Oh and I uninstalled the game is an I quit post...don't let the door hit you on the way out. Oh wait i don't care.

You need to shut the hell up man seriously that's just mean and cold hearted. Just shut up please. Some people are actually serious about this stuff and if you can't take this guys feelings into account you should just keep your mouth shut. There are people who care about how they're treated while associating themselves with this game and the experience it gives them.
    • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User

You do realize that you being a LTS since beta means you averaged about 4 bucks a month in support for this game...right? This assumes you did not buy more zen of course. Even if you did, how much did you buy? If you spent 600 bucks in those 6 years in extra zen, you averaged ~12 bucks a month...or below your "fair share" to keep the game afloat. Remember that this game could not be supported with EVERYONE paying the sub fees. You spent 1 grand on top of that LTS? Well...now you may have paid for YOUR share...but not the other massive number of players paying less. You know what you can get from the c-store with $1000? Quite a lot of ships. You know what $1000 bucks gets you in promo ships? An almost 100% chance to get one. I said ALMOST. The idea that they can make more off the c-store vs these promos and lockbox is laughable. You say that there are thousands who buy c-store ships. You get a so and so opened a lockbox ship pop up every 2 min. That is 720 ships per day. Let's assume there are slow times and cut that in half. That is 360 PER DAY. In a WEEK you have thousands sold. I'd be surprised if they sold 360 c-store ships in an entire week outside of the week of a new release or during the ship sale. During those weeks, maybe we see a couple thousand...we see that in lockboxes EVERY week. Why? Because they are not account unlocks. Because people like to gamble because they are too stupid to know how probability works. I don't know...nor do I care. What I do know is that those people are paying for my share of the game...and I am glad they do these things so I can continue to play with my piddly contribution to the game. This game can not survive of c-store ships...not unless they make those suckers character unlock AND make it so if you blow up, you need a new one...ala eve. So unless that is the sort of game you want, shut up about things you do not know and enjoy this game that is practically free if you are smart about it.

Oh and I uninstalled the game is an I quit post...don't let the door hit you on the way out. Oh wait i don't care.

Actually, it seems you've misunderstood the point he was making, it was specifically about promo ships and not lockbox ships. Lockbox ships are always around, people get them all the time as you pointed out. Promo ships? Not so much. They may show up again at a later date, or they may not.

And no, spending $1000 on promo packs does not almost guarantee you getting the ship. Look how many people TRIBBLE and moan about spending thousands and not getting a ship, the odds of getting one do not increase with buying more packs. The more you open the more chances you have, but you do not have better odds.
    • sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User

You need to shut the hell up man seriously that's just mean and cold hearted. Just shut up please. Some people are actually serious about this stuff and if you can't take this guys feelings into account you should just keep your mouth shut. There are people who care about how they're treated while associating themselves with this game and the experience it gives them.

Wow... someone's really taking this way too personally.

Dude it's a business, not a charity- simple as that.
      It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
    • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
      Eh. It's nice, but I'm after the Lobi
    • jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 189 Arc User
      edited August 2016

Wow... someone's really taking this way too personally.

Dude it's a business, not a charity- simple as that.

I know and you know what? That kind of attitude pisses some of us off even if it is a business. Seriously that's part of the reason why a lot people like and still watch and associate themselves with Star Trek and a lot of the messages it preaches. :flushed: Whatever though. You're entitled to your opinion no skin off my cookies and chickens. Yeah some of you people have been eating popcorn through this drama. Me? I'll take my cookies and milk and my chips and dip. Steakhouse flavored Funions also sound pretty tasty. :wink:
    • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
      I might care for it if I was allowed to.

Ask again if they ever get around to removing the faction restrictions.
    • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
      Did I mention ungliest 3 ships EVER? wowser who would want that?fish-2.gif​​
      tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
      I know and you know what? That kind of attitude pisses some of us off even if it is a business. Seriously that's part of the reason why a lot people like and still watch and associate themselves with Star Trek and a lot of the messages it preaches. :flushed: Whatever though. You're entitled to your opinion no skin off my cookies and chickens. Yeah some of you people have been eating popcorn through this drama. Me? I'll take my cookies and milk and my chips and dip. Steakhouse flavored Funions also sound pretty tasty. :wink:
      Star Trek however is Science Fiction. it's not real. The message it has might be great, but we're living in this world, and this is a commercial product in a capitalistic world. So we have to make compromises.

And you can think of it like this: The Federation is an Utopia, allegedly without the need for money. But we have people that work as waiters in restaurants and we have people that risk their lives at the front lines of the Dominion war. These people exist in the same world - do the latter get special rewards for doing that? I think they don't.

Their work is their reward. The fact that when they not fight a front line, they get to explore the galaxy and see new, exciting stuff. That they might be part of important events in history.

But it means that Federation society expects that some people do more than others to contribute to the society. If those people didn't exist, the Federation wouldn't survive.

And this is the part that Cryptic's F2P system has actually transfered to the game.

There are some people that can get by completely free. But they might have difficulty doing the really cool stuff, like flying a Tier 6 Connie. others spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on the game, but that might mean they get to fly a Tier 6 Connie, too.

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
      Its a great ship. Good layout and nostalgia factor, despite the weird logic of it being as powerful as modern ships.

If it was a C Store item, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but not gonna happen this way. I'm not that much of a sucker. It really is a dbag move to put this ship everyone's been clammoring for in the least accessible, most expensive way possible. Good business? Sure. So are blood diamonds. That's not the point. It's an insult.

But there are plenty of other ships to fly. So no big deal. I can do without it.

Same here.​​

Pretty much what these guys said, i got tons of ships if it were c-store wouldve bought it, but since it not i wont worry about it, and enjoy what i have already, nice try cryptic but some of us still use common sense.
    • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
      edited August 2016

I agree as well. Since I have the Geneva to still to buy. So my AOY will have her ship to use. I may still do the 1 pack to open, but first I need to see what I can buy with 40 lobi. If nothing there catches my attention, even just the lobi won't justify me dumping what I have built up. Into their lottery box.
      Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
      Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
    • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
      Kelvin Timeline Connie looks better, so I really could care less. I do dislike how its being released, the T1 was the first ship I ever bought. I use it on every toon I have created that has access to it. I do like the D7 for KDF more but then Klingons and Romulans have always been given the short stick by you know who.
      Positive thoughts.
      NeAC.gif
    • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
      Here is why.
      it doesn't belong in STO's timeframe, not as a T6.
      Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
      Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
    • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
      The poll doesn't offer an adequate option for me.

I love the Connie, just like all the TOS designs. I wouldn't play one in STO though, as you don't play TOS content throughout the game safe for the tutorial missions and two queues. But if I would I still wouldn't patake in a lottery to get it. So it is option 2, but not really as if it was a c-store ship I wouldn't purchase it either because STO is not where I want to play with my TOS ships. That would only change if we'd get a 23c pocketverse with a few episodes, semi-random open ended missions and three or four queues with no trace of anything not 23c in it (player or NPC alike). But even then, no lottery for me.​​
      lFC4bt2.gif
      ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
      "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
      "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
      "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou