test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server is down again....nuff said.

2»

Comments

• warpnugget#0537 warpnugget Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    there is no way to know if the contract is exclusive or not but im willing to bet it is hence no star trek mmos can be made until cbs or paramount cancel or dont renew their contract...

Never bet or you'll lose a lot of money. Your ability for failure though is impressive - managing to be so wrong every time you post something on the topic is an art of its own.
    the-fail-is-strong-with-this-one.jpg

You know about Star Trek: Alien Domain, don't you ? *Sigh* Well, judging on your post, actually you don't. (Yeah, it's a piece of junk, but it doesn't matter in the context of STO's fictional exclusivity).

a mmorts is the same as a mmorpg?

wow that is news to me,why thank you oh so iluminated one,please let me be your apprentice,i am a sith thou so i will fking choke you in your sleep...
  • thelordofshadesthelordofshades Member Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    So now we have additional conditions starting to appear. Classic goal-post shifting. Now it's not any MMO can't be made under this imaginable contract of yours - this fictional exclusivity clause should make it impossible to develop other MMO-RPG, but be okay with MMO-RTS etc.
    Yeah, right, of course, it's highly plausible - about as plausible as the Moon being made of cheese.

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    it was made of cheese...but the martians ate it all long ago and left the hard protective wax covering behind - what, you didn't think that was actual rock, did you?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited August 2016
    it was made of cheese...but the martians ate it all long ago and left the hard protective wax covering behind
    Damn Martians ! I had feeling that the smug look on their faces was not accidental...

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    That wasn't a smug look, that was their realization they forgot their Lactaid.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
    there is no way to know if the contract is exclusive or not but im willing to bet it is hence no star trek mmos can be made until cbs or paramount cancel or dont renew their contract...

Never bet or you'll lose a lot of money. Your ability for failure though is impressive - managing to be so wrong every time you post something on the topic is an art of its own.
    the-fail-is-strong-with-this-one.jpg

You know about Star Trek: Alien Domain, don't you ? *Sigh* Well, judging on your post, actually you don't. (Yeah, it's a piece of junk, but it doesn't matter in the context of STO's fictional exclusivity).

wow that is news to me,why thank you oh so iluminated one,please let me be your apprentice,i am a sith thou so i will fking choke you in your sleep...
    So now we have additional conditions starting to appear. Classic goal-post shifting. Now it's not any MMO can't be made under this imaginable contract of yours - this fictional exclusivity clause should make it impossible to develop other MMO-RPG, but be okay with MMO-RTS etc.
    Yeah, right, of course, it's highly plausible - about as plausible as the Moon being made of cheese.

well we are in the forums of a mmorpg,we are discussing a mmorpg,if you didnt think I WAS TALKING about mmorpgs whose fault is that?
    you're not a lawyer nor do you know what sort of contract they have so stop acting all smug,bottom line is that they probably have an exclusivity clause in the contract,isnt star wars going thru the same thing,how many star wars mmos you see out there?

smarta $ $
    bottom line is that they probably have an exclusivity clause in the contract
    No, they don't. Period.
    And you need a nice cozy tinfoil hat, if you believe in it.

edited August 2016
    bottom line is that they probably have an exclusivity clause in the contract
    No, they don't. Period.
    And you need a nice cozy tinfoil hat, if you believe in it.

yeah yeah sure,keep on believing that ;)

and to be honest i prefer a tin foil hat over the 2016 model straight jacket you wearing...
    Every single fact we know about the game, its development history (particularly the conditions under which Cryptic had picked up STO after Perpetual), possible competition and the MMO market on the whole contradicts your ridiculous assumption/
    But it's me that is "believing". Yeah, right, sure.
    Projection much ? :D (It's like the hard-core followers of various religions say that atheists "believe" in the absence of god/gods).

Every single fact we know about the game, its development history (particularly the conditions under which Cryptic had picked up STO after Perpetual), possible competition and the MMO market on the whole contradicts your ridiculous assumption/
    But it's me that is "believing". Yeah, right, sure.
    Projection much ? :D (It's like the hard-core followers of various religions say that atheists "believe" in the absence of god/gods).

no they dont,unless you post a letter,memo or any other type of document your opinion is just that,an opinion with a side of bs.
    no they dont,unless you post a letter,memo or any other type of document your opinion is just that,an opinion with a side of bs.
    * Sigh * Well, it's impossible to argue with a believer. You show them facts - they say that these facts are "opinions". (Hint - you don't need a document to know the way situation is).

* Sigh * Well, it's impossible to argue with a believer. You show them facts - they say that these facts are "opinions". (Hint - you don't need a document to know the way situation is).

where are those so called facts? so far you havent shown me any,beh im done you so you keep on doing your circular tongue movement on cryptics starfish and ill keep on believing that a better star trek mmo is possible.

im out,dont bother replying i wont read this topic again...