test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Iconian War: "Butterfly", or why to alter perfection? (WARNING, SPOILERS!!!!)

So, we ran these simulations.
Last one showed a slight increase of Borg Presence.
But, Romulus was restored, so, we go for that.

We remove a space rock, go to the Roman homeworld, to see... ultimate perfection...
No more was, no more hate, no more factions, actual global IQ, removal of disease, Utopia...

Why the bloody hell did we not just kept that alternate reality?
It is beyond perfect, it's actual Utopia, in any and all forms...

But nooooo, the Feds had to TRIBBLE it up, as usual.

And then they wonder why I dislike the federation...
Bah.
Klingons don't get drunk.
They just get less sober.

Comments

• Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    Because it's the bloody Borg!
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    The Borg are perfection.
  • Options
    reafisreafis Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    What isn't explained is how erasing one trans warp conduit corrected the time line
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    reafis wrote: »
    What isn't explained is how erasing one trans warp conduit corrected the time line

Because the power of plot demanded it. B)
  • Options
    reafisreafis Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    I just hope we get a decent new enemy. The sphere builders , vorgons, krenim , mirror bird and nakhul weren't very interesting.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    never go full on derp there OP
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    kiksken wrote: »

We remove a space rock, go to the Roman homeworld, to see... ultimate perfection...
    No more was, no more hate, no more factions, actual global IQ, removal of disease, Utopia...

But nooooo, the Feds had to **** it up, as usual.

Bah.

tumblr_inline_o8lb99qLvq1s6hkuu_540.jpg
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User

But nooooo, the Feds had to **** it up, as usual.

Bah.

Not everyone want to be one big happy family through the borg. Imagine having to deal with that smelly klingon "uncle" in the next alcove. Or what about the romulan aunt across the isle which continuously give you the stink eye (i think her non borg designation was Sela).

That timeline had to be prevented at all cost.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

Why? Lets face it, at least 50% of players fly ships that laugh at the Borg, we could probably liberate Borg-ulan space in a matter or weeks and then learn how to undo the assimilation of planets, we already have weather and seismic manipulation tech, it wouldn't be too difficult to put the RSE back together. Then everyone is happy, save maybe the Borg who are never happy because they lose in every timeline.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    adamkafei wrote: »

Why? Lets face it, at least 50% of players fly ships that laugh at the Borg, we could probably liberate Borg-ulan space in a matter or weeks and then learn how to undo the assimilation of planets, we already have weather and seismic manipulation tech, it wouldn't be too difficult to put the RSE back together. Then everyone is happy, save maybe the Borg who are never happy because they lose in every timeline.

The problem is that there is only one "us" in each quantum universe. And we're too busy wading through rivers of blood to free more than a handful.

I suppose if we single-handedly butcher every single borg that's one way to achieve peace in our timeline.

• Options
    kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    Not everyone want to be one big happy family through the borg. Imagine having to deal with that smelly klingon "uncle" in the next alcove. Or what about the romulan aunt across the isle which continuously give you the stink eye (i think her non borg designation was Sela).

If you were a Borg, would you mind Unlce Smelly still? :P

The Borg have Time Traveling tech, I wonder why they don't use it to their advantage?
    they tried once with Earth, yet again the Feddies interfered...
    Darned Feddies.

I have a solution to the Borg way of assimilating...
    Actually their logic flawed to their ideology to gain perfection through assimilation as they are doing at the moment.
    By assimilating entire species, they prevent that species to evolve, and thus they themselves restrict them through their own actions assimilating entire species.
    A workable way would be to, let's say, assimilate 5% of that population, and let the rest evolve.
    Come back after say 100 years, rinse and repeat process.
    Their new advancements would bring the Borg closer to the so wanted perfection.

Also, why did we not bring the Borg into this war?
    If you handed them the knowldge of what tech the Iconians have, they surely would come to "check out these individuals".
    Much lives spared, I reckon?

Still, so incredibly annoying, I cannot leave that Borg Planet as is, and just end the quest.
    I mean, let's be honest, ask ANY assimilated Romulan he he minds being a Drone...
    They will either look at you very weird, or assimilate you, or tell you they in fact do not....
    Right?

So who are we to undo that? :(
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    My crew is tired. I'm tired...I keep having to sit at my desk and send Duty Officers and Fleets on missions even though I have an army of people that could handle it for me. I don't want to go and have to save the romulans from the borg. Me, me, always me. No one else does anything in the freaking galaxy...
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    My crew is tired. I'm tired...I keep having to sit at my desk and send Duty Officers and Fleets on missions even though I have an army of people that could handle it for me. I don't want to go and have to save the romulans from the borg. Me, me, always me. No one else does anything in the freaking galaxy...

At least you don't have to cook dinner for Neelix. Sigh.

Makework for Talaxian fools is not the highlight of the Delta arc.

• Options

I just pretended he knew some dirt on me and was black mailing me into helping out.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    i just pretended i'm far too generous and patient for my own good​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    I pretend there's an invisible swarm of redshirts actually doing all the mission scutwork while my captain and senior officers shoot stuff and handle sensitive interactions, like pawing through classified crates.
  • Options

I wonder if Neelix can be assimilated with all that leola root in his system.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options

If they don't assimilate the kazon, would they try assimilating Neelix? Why?
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

Well of course, we the invincible Chosen Ones could've just single-handedly killed all the Borg...if the poor NPCs in command had just told us to. Genre blindness, your name is Alpha Quadrant Alliance.

It's only in the 29th century and up that the temporal dudes figure out, probably from history books, what a magnificent piece of pure concentrated awesome the Player Character is. They know to call us to do everything because they know we always win.
  • Options

His collection of Talaxian Fur Flies?
  • Options

His collection of Talaxian Fur Flies?
    No :p

• Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

Well of course, we the invincible Chosen Ones could've just single-handedly killed all the Borg...if the poor NPCs in command had just told us to. Genre blindness, your name is Alpha Quadrant Alliance.

It's only in the 29th century and up that the temporal dudes figure out, probably from history books, what a magnificent piece of pure concentrated awesome the Player Character is. They know to call us to do everything because they know we always win.

Oh, so that's why I've done more time travelling recently than The Doctor... It all makes sense now.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    Become borg and no more being tired. :P

Join us, take revenge. XD

• Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Perfection is overrated.
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »

If you handed them the knowldge of what tech the Iconians have, they surely would come to "check out these individuals".

Actually I do still consider that a bit of a plot-hole.

The Voyager episode 'the Omega Directive' made it clear that Omega is the Borg's 'holy grail' (for lack of a better way of describing it) and the Borg have a standing, overriding, directive of their own: to assimilate Omega at any cost.

Yet in STO we have the Solane Dyson Sphere that can generate Omega Particles - and the Borg have show no interest in it? Okay - I know Omega Particles are not exactly the same as a molecule but considering the Borg's attitude toward Omega I don't think it's something they would ignore.

And even if one overlooks that - these are massive spheres that facilitate instant travel between the Beta Quadrant, Delta Quadrant and the Andromedia Galaxy! That's a pretty good incentive in itself! The whole thing is made worse by the fact that the Jenolan sphere is sat in the Delta Quadrant, not far from Borg territory.
    How have they not shown these any attention??

Well, it is possible that the Bog have been unable to reach the sphere due to undine, vaadwaur and voth interference.
    It does pose a credible scenario for more borg related content.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    reyan01 wrote: »

Actually I do still consider that a bit of a plot-hole.

The Voyager episode 'the Omega Directive' made it clear that Omega is the Borg's 'holy grail' (for lack of a better way of describing it) and the Borg have a standing, overriding, directive of their own: to assimilate Omega at any cost.

Yet in STO we have the Solane Dyson Sphere that can generate Omega Particles - and the Borg have show no interest in it? Okay - I know Omega Particles are not exactly the same as a molecule but considering the Borg's attitude toward Omega I don't think it's something they would ignore.

And even if one overlooks that - these are massive spheres that facilitate instant travel between the Beta Quadrant, Delta Quadrant and the Andromedia Galaxy! That's a pretty good incentive in itself! The whole thing is made worse by the fact that the Jenolan sphere is sat in the Delta Quadrant, not far from Borg territory.
    How have they not shown these any attention??

If I understand things correctly, the Voth and the Borg are in conflict with each other. The Voth discovered an entrance to the Solanae Sphere, so it could be that they simply are still trying to get around the Voth to the Sphere.

And we found Borg wreckage "near" the Jenolan Sphere - the Vaadwaur may have (inadvertently) blocked their first attempts to get to the Jenolan Sphere.

If Cryptic ever wants to revist the Dyson Sphere and the Borg, I am certainly ready for a Borg Space Battle Zone in the Dyson Sphere.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Though I think they also need a time travel / alternate reality mission to along with that - I want to see a completely borgified Dyson Sphere interior.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    See, they bring even beauty. XD