test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Since Windows 10 Anniversary Update ARC wont start

Title says it all. Arc wont start what so ever. It shows up as a process in task manager for a brief moment but then disappears. This is since the new Windows 10 Anniversary Update on August 2nd 2016.

Comments

• Options
    palaedinpalaedin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Had the same problem, had to reinstall Java to get Arc to install (since I tried uninstall to reinstall). After Java installed Arc installs and runs now.

Link to Arc Support page about Java needed:

https://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4653/tpc/4653
  • Options
    takelgryph#8239 takelgryph Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thanks for pointing that out, palaedin.
  • Options
    startrekronstartrekron Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Title says it all. Arc wont start what so ever. It shows up as a process in task manager for a brief moment but then disappears. This is since the new Windows 10 Anniversary Update on August 2nd 2016.

Had that issue and I think I know what the issue is and a very simple fix for it. The Anniversary update messes up the pathway to STO, just delete your current short cuts then find where your STO installation is then create new shortcut using that path.

I had my STO installation installed on drive E: instead of drive C:, I think this update changes something so that Windows is looking for what the default file path would be (usually drice C:). So before re-installing the game try checking to see if the problem is just a wrong file path.
    "Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp
  • Options
    denaliprimedenaliprime Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    They've known about this for months and not done squat. Just run the launcher from the game's directory and consider Arc dead.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/arc?byNode=true#/discussion/1203029/arc-windows-10-insider-build-14257
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Had the same thing happen. I did reinsatll Java NOTHING! Ok I removed ARC itself and reinstalled ARC. Still nothing. then the light bulb went on. Opened System Configuration scrolled down and found ARC had been disabled. Reenabled it did a restart and ARC magicly works agian. Check your System Configuration I will bet Win 10 anniversary disabled it.