test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ship Request: T6 Cruiser (TMP-era Constitution Class)

captaingalrandcaptaingalrand Member Posts: 44 Arc User
Any way that down the road we could see a T6 version of the Cruiser, otherwise known as the TMP refit Constitution class?

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in my love for this particular starship, and it was a bummer to find that once you get past the Lieutenant-Commander rank the ship becomes pretty much impossible to use.

There are other ships from that era of Star Trek that have top-tier variants:

-The Bird of Prey has a T6 variant
-The Excelsior (Advanced Heavy Cruiser) has a T5 variant

If there's a ship that's worthy of getting a T6 upgrade, I think that honor should go to the movie-era Constitution!

ConstitutionRefit_USS_Enterprise.jpg
Captain Jack. L Mueller
Commander, U.S.S. Novara NCC-200001-D
Fleet Admiral

star-trek-warp-speed-mr-scott-jason-politte.jpg

Comments

• Options
    I like the T6 Kelvin Connie, but overall I like the look of the TMP Connie more. That to me is the best ship design they've come up with
    Captain Jack. L Mueller
    Fleet Admiral

• Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    YES!!!

Definately want a TMP connie!!

Make it so, ;)
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    If this is going to happen, it'll probably be this year around the anniversary.

This has been requested since the game launched, so they know players want it, to the point that for years this was in the FCT because CBS had said no. However, based on some interviews regarding AoY, this might have changed.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    If I had to guess, (if it comes) it'll be a TOS character exclusive. Not even normal feds will be allowed to have it.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    hell yeah I'd love to see this at endgame, along with the exeter and excalibur
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Hopefully. Wonder if they will do a 3 pack to max sales......
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Might get one for the 50th, but don't hold your breath. This ship has been asked for so many times I've lost count.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    I hope I don't need to post the blog that has been on my fanpage since february about this situation.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    The sign to look for, is if the model suddenly gets an update.

Crossing fingers.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    holyknight22holyknight22 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    I'd take a T6 dual pack of TMP Connie and TMP K'Tinga with Pilot Maneuvers........oh and the Romulans can get Ambassador Naunclus's or whatever his name's outfit and Kaitlyn Dars from ST5.
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Well, the TMP style connie is already ingame. http://sto.gamepedia.com/Cruiser_(Federation). So not much work for a new model.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    Well, the TMP style connie is already ingame. http://sto.gamepedia.com/Cruiser_(Federation). So not much work for a new model.

I think what vengefuldjinn was getting at is that existing models have a tendency to get updated when a T6 variant of the ship comes around. The only exception that springs to mind is the Galaxy-class, which got an updated model in light of the class of ship getting a performance overhaul in-game. If you happen to notice the T2 Fed Cruisers suddenly start looking sharper than usual in-game, the long awaited (and denied) T6 Connie might be around the corner.
  • Options
    magusofborgmagusofborg Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    coolbatman wrote: »
    well p.o.o.p on you i like the TMP refit so pfffffffsssssstttttt !!!!!!! no more obsolete than the KT constitution.......

Nope, the KTC is significantly more advanced as well as larger.
    They wont make that tiny old ship t6, that's just silly.
    Joined August 2009
  • Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    If we don't have a T6 'traditional' Connie (with TOS and TMP parts) by the end of September, I can't see that we ever will.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    [quote]
    Nope, the KTC is significantly more advanced as well as larger.
    They wont make that tiny old ship t6, that's just silly.
    [/quote]

It's larger by a few metres due to the nacelles but it's not that more advanced. It's faster sure but it has no shields to speak of and its weapons only fire faster than the original. It's just shiny and not cardboard.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    It's larger by a few metres due to the nacelles but it's not that more advanced. It's faster sure but it has no shields to speak of and its weapons only fire faster than the original. It's just shiny and not cardboard.

This - in Beyond they talked about "shields", but the kamikaze ships flew right through them. It seems the KT lacks shield technology for some weird reason pig-2.gif

And regarding the "old age" argument - not that it did ever matter in STOs history, but you do realize we have a TOS Starfleet T5 ship and the skins of T1-T5 TOS ships are usable on T6, right? So you may try that again...​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    Thats absurd. The tmp ship is ancient and obsolete.

Right...

But then again, those KT ships are older than TMP ships, so let's get rid of those relics.

The Excelsior is ancient too, let's retire that one as well.

And those Xindi ships, wow, those are older than dirt! Time to put them in the "old-ship's home"!

Disclaimer: This statement is sarcasm, meant in jest. NOT a serious argument.
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    orion0029 wrote: »
    Thats absurd. The tmp ship is ancient and obsolete.

Right...

But then again, those KT ships are older than TMP ships, so let's get rid of those relics.

The Excelsior is ancient too, let's retire that one as well.

And those Xindi ships, wow, those are older than dirt! Time to put them in the "old-ship's home"!

Disclaimer: This statement is sarcasm, meant in jest. NOT a serious argument.

Right...aging designs seem to be irrelevant in this game. With the advancement in technology, it would be possible to upgrade an older model with modern systems. It would have to be gutted, but it would be theoretically possible. Whether or not doing something like that would be feasible is a whole other argument.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    @goodscotch Due to the stress times, doing that actually costs more than building a ship from scratch.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    talonxv wrote: »
    @goodscotch Due to the stress times, doing that actually costs more than building a ship from scratch.

Oh yeah...without question. It would be a heck of a project to retrofit an existing structure with new power conduits and systems, etc. To keep it in game-world perspective...it would definitely not be feasible to do it. Doable? Yes. Feasible? No way. I highly doubt the faction powers would even allow such a project to be undertaken because of the cost and time required. It would have to be a project that was privately undertaken.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    It's Star Trek! They can do anything they want. All they have to do is take the existing model, add stats and more bridge stations, and you got a T6 Connie. As for the ship being small, didn't stop them from making a T6 Bird of Prey or Defiant-class. And obviously the design isn't obsolete if they're still being made in the 25th century.
    Captain Jack. L Mueller
    Fleet Admiral

• Options
    That whole, "That ship is too old" argument has been put to rest with this latest expansion once and for all.

Just take a gander at what's parked outsida ESD. It's gotten to be quite the menagerie at this point.
    Timeships from another dimension, Vorgon ships from the future, Na'kuhl ships from the future, alternate universe ships, ships that aliens tried to make look like Federation ships, T6 ships from the TOS era, ships from one possible future, ships from nearly every known hostile faction, EXCLUDING a few obscure races and of course the Borg......

At this point, I'd go so far as to say that ANY ship seen in the series and or movies, regardless of what timeline, or circumstance we saw them in, has a chance in STO, so long as they're cool and players wanna fly 'em, (and cryptic and PWE can make money from 'em).

I'm waiting eagerly for a Warship Intrepid and Jellyfish. :) And I would FULLY support AND would LOVE to see a TMP era Connie.
    That ship was beautiful ! One of my favorite designs. My only request is if it were to be included, that the model be updated to look like she did in TMP, with all that translucent aztecing on the hull. God what a ship !

• Options
    sirmayday wrote: »
    claudiusdk wrote: »

I think what vengefuldjinn was getting at is that existing models have a tendency to get updated when a T6 variant of the ship comes around. The only exception that springs to mind is the Galaxy-class, which got an updated model in light of the class of ship getting a performance overhaul in-game. If you happen to notice the T2 Fed Cruisers suddenly start looking sharper than usual in-game, the long awaited (and denied) T6 Connie might be around the corner.

Right :)

• Options
    It's Star Trek! They can do anything they want. All they have to do is take the existing model, add stats and more bridge stations, and you got a T6 Connie. As for the ship being small, didn't stop them from making a T6 Bird of Prey or Defiant-class. And obviously the design isn't obsolete if they're still being made in the 25th century.

Of course the developers can do whatever they want. And they will. But someone posted that they would never do that because it's an ancient design. I think the thread has developed beyond, "I want a T6 ST:TMP era Connie." The game world holds that aging designs are irrelevant. That's why we have B'rel BoPs and Excelsiors, etc. flying around with a T6 tag.

Think about it this way. There's a meeting at Starfleet command. There's been a proposal made to bring in every Constitution class Cruiser and have it gutted and retrofitted with the latest/greatest systems to bring it up to spec to meet current demands and threats. The cost will be astronomical. The manpower to do it beyond the engineering capacity of Starfleet. They can either do that - OR - design a new starship class that meets the demands and retool several shipyards to start producing them. The cost of the second option...no problem. The engineering requirements to do it...well within Starfleet's grasp. Which would you do? Do you think Starfleet would even consider gutting all the Constitution class ships? No way! Not even in the Sci-Fi world would that even be considered!

But this game basically says - anything goes. So chances are good that you'll eventually see a T6 Constitution besides the KT one. As someone already posted in this thread...that ST:TMP model/skin already exists in the game as a T2 or T3 ship.
    klingon-bridge.jpg